• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Even if I'm dissatisfied with where the narrative is right now, I would really hate to see ten years of astoundingly meticulous buildup tragically truncated when we're just now getting some of the payoff for all of the hinting, teasing, character hype, world-building, and such. I hope it's not too selfish to say that I hope that Oda makes a full recovery so that he can fully realize his vision for his story as he always hoped to do.

This probably explains why Dressrosa has had such abominable pacing.

zeroshiki

I can't find that anywhere. When/where did he say this? The guy seems damn determined to finish the series even if it kills him.

Here:

また、13年に入ってからも、「(ワンピースの)ラストは長くなれば長くなるほど面白くなる」としつつ、「そうです。面白いですよ。最終章は。長くなれば長くなるほど面白いラストになると思うので。面白さは心配していないんですが、僕の体力がそこまで持つのかどうかが、唯一の心配ごとです」とインタビューに応えていた。

As for the start of 2013, he answered in the interview "The ending of One Piece will become more interesting the longer it goes on. I am not worried whether it will be interesting, I am worried whether my body can hold out until then"

MEGA MAN SINS 14

WMG:
Ringo is Luna.

So it becomes apparent at this point that the search for Luna and the salvation she brings parallels the search for God, peace, or any other high aspiration of happiness, against the tide of many naysayers whose naysaying ranges from right to violently wrong. We see this with robots who accept the ruin, and with robots who violently oppose the efforts of others to seek Luna or to make something new (the bell, the paint) and lastly with those who reject the search for Luna and happiness and side instead with Dio, forming an army for some purpose or another.

This was a great episode, though. We had Zero struggle with whether or not to intervene and save lives (knowing his kill instinct might do more harm than good), and then an amazing fight between him and Omega. Sigma and Ciel were around to give some talking to Zero, and Leviathan prevented him from curbstomping.

Oh and then that crazy as hell final three seconds.

So good to have different theming for this show. Oh well, good thing I watched 14 ahead of time.

Branduil

I was shamed for hating Jojo. Does that count?

image.php

CorvoSol

Well I was going to wait till I received it physically via snail mail but screw it,
fmp02.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Purple hair is actually the son of Sagara and Mao

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Instro

Alternatively: there is no hyperbole and you (like most people) have poor taste and low standards. When faced with the reality of how terrible the garbage you eat up is your only defensive mechanism is to paint me as someone who simply dislikes almost everything.

LOL, you liked Sakurasou.

cajunator

Banned
Yami Hat, Titties, and National Past Times 3

So... suddenly Witch chan falls in lesbians with Hazuki, and has a ridiculously skimpy outfit WHILE GOING TO THE BEACH! Yeah okay, and then more travel shit. SUDDENLY LETS GO TO THE PAST YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Fuck.

We are treated to singing birds, and then one of them gets shot by a fucking rock. And Jill (who is actually Hasumi or whatever or SOMETHING) heals it because why not. She neglects Gar because he kills birds, and didn't teach him magic to stop him from killing birds, so girlchan gets more attention. THIS ANGERS HIM AND ATTEMPTS TO KILL HER, BUT HUGS HER COPIOUS BREASTS INSTEAD. And then Little Girl chan appears and Gar tries to kill her. WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT WHEN SHE WAS IN BED!? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! NOT THAT ITS A GOOD THING

Theorizing that what happened in this episode might be foreshadow for what Hazuki will do. Why does Hasumi seem like a terrible person? Fuck if I know. All I know is Titties.

Indeed. Its about titties and anger. angry titties.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Oh my. youve been cajunated.

Jarmel

Banned

His original design art in the light novels is this purple/browinsh color.

FMP-CMMD.jpg

Alternatively: there is no hyperbole and you (like most people) have poor taste and low standards. When faced with the reality of how terrible the garbage you eat up is your only defensive mechanism is to paint me as someone who simply dislikes almost everything.

This is a level of hipster that pierces the heavens.

Falstaff

Banned
MEGA MAN SINS 14

WMG:
Ringo is Luna.

So it becomes apparent at this point that the search for Luna and the salvation she brings parallels the search for God, peace, or any other high aspiration of happiness, against the tide of many naysayers whose naysaying ranges from right to violently wrong. We see this with robots who accept the ruin, and with robots who violently oppose the efforts of others to seek Luna or to make something new (the bell, the paint) and lastly with those who reject the search for Luna and happiness and side instead with Dio, forming an army for some purpose or another.

This was a great episode, though. We had Zero struggle with whether or not to intervene and save lives (knowing his kill instinct might do more harm than good), and then an amazing fight between him and Omega. Sigma and Ciel were around to give some talking to Zero, and Leviathan prevented him from curbstomping.

Oh and then that crazy as hell final three seconds.

loving the retro megaman love. he's basically a modern day jesus, and we (meaning thos eof us with the courage to defend him in contentious sonic v mario debates during lunch period) are his disciples

Branduil

Rozen Maiden 4

ibxWkOWt2If9JZ.jpg
iTxC5aQnWWVTR.jpg

Colored eyelashes- another Penguindrum similarity!

Things shift more towards odd-couple-esque comedy in this episode, but it works pretty well. There's just something inherently funny about a doll drinking tea; Jun is as pathetic as ever when it comes to being ordered around by a petite magical doll.

Also, come on man, even Shinku is shipping you two at this point; although I must say I'm starting to be disturbed by her relentlessly smiling face. It's nice to see Jun realize he has something to offer people, and he's actually starting to seem happy for once, although there are some signs that seem to bode ill for him. And more door imagery, this time representing a new path opened to him.

Next week: Best doll returns. This is gonna be good.

Saprol

I would still like a client that just updates the profile automatically.
Their newsletter mentioned their API is near ready. I wonder if it's possible to just hijack an existing MAL manager to send updates to Hummingbird. Or the alternative is to get off my lazy ass and attempt making one myself.

I prefer MAL's list confined to one page, shitty Nihongo naming aside.

Also why would you not have these things in alphabetical order? Fucking Hummingbird.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
e: just noticed a feature I'd never actually tried in six years of using MAL. disregard

i feel dumb

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What's odd is that pretty much exclusive to this thread, you can go on moviegaf decided to not ride the hype train be as negative as you want in your impression and no one bother enough to dismiss your opinion or spout random insults like animegaf.
You must have missed the constant bickering this past season from people who loved/hated IM3, Star Trek, Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, etc.

Articalys

Site update and new key visual/character designs for upcoming LN-adaptation Fall season show Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (or just Noucome for short), which is the show about a high school student who is forced to make VN-style multiple choice decisions at random times.
There's also a bunch of announced cast but I can't figure out how to properly read any of these character names so I'll just limit to the male and female MCs Kanade Amakusa and Chocolat (top two in the image above), who are voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado in Durarara, Mahiro in Zetsuen no Tempest) and Kaori Sadohara (Annaka in Nichijou, Sig in Upotte).

Saprol

Those are awful. I just got a quote from Naruto. Wtf, who quotes Naruto?

EDIT: I've never used MAL or hummingbird before. Does hummingbird not let you rate shows?
It does, although it doesn't currently support a 10-point scale. You either have the basic :) :| :( face ratings or 5-stars.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It looks like I have to write a review to rate something? Ehh.. I'm too lazy for that.

Also, why do some shows have weaboo titles? Grave of the Fireflies shows up as Hotaru no Haka.

a.) You don't. There should be a button (looks like three lines) when you hover over an entry on your list that brings up a panel where you can change your view status/episode count/rating/etc.

rkPsPGJ.png

b.) There's an option to switch between Japanese titles and commonly-accepted English titles (where applicable), but that option is still pretty inconsistent.

fgFDsRB.png

Branduil

It looks like I have to write a review to rate something? Ehh.. I'm too lazy for that.

Also, why do some shows have weaboo titles? Grave of the Fireflies shows up as Hotaru no Haka.

No, you don't have to write a review. I think there have been some bugs though.

You can switch between "canonical", "English", or "Romanized" for titles in your settings.

cajunator

Banned
Site update and new key visual/character designs for upcoming LN-adaptation Fall season show Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (or just Noucome for short), which is the show about a high school student who is forced to make VN-style multiple choice decisions at random times.

There's also a bunch of announced cast but I can't figure out how to properly read any of these character names so I'll just limit to the male and female MCs Kanade Amakusa and Chocolat (top two in the image above), who are voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado in Durarara, Mahiro in Zetsuen no Tempest) and Kaori Sadohara (Annaka in Nichijou, Sig in Upotte).

Thanks for the news. This show looks kinda TWGOK'ish. might watch.

Those breasts look ridiculous.

The boobs do lack a certain joie de vivre.

zeroshiki

a.) You don't. There should be a button (looks like three lines) when you hover over an entry on your list that brings up a panel where you can change your view status/episode count/rating/etc.

rkPsPGJ.png

b.) There's an option to switch between Japanese titles and commonly-accepted English titles (where applicable), but that option is still pretty inconsistent.

fgFDsRB.png

Thanks.

I like that their ratings are :) :| :( only. Makes things less complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom