• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Lockon in S2 is a dealbreaker for me. I hated him and everything he stood for. His relationship with Anew was pretty awful, as well as the accompanying hijinks. Andre Smirnov I hate, too, but only because
that whiny bitch murdered Sergei, whose relationship with Soma was probably one of the only meaningful ones in the entire show.

Aside Anew sub-arc.. I think he fine, like the moment when he kissing feldt and giving love advice to Alle lol.. I think, I'm more fond to CB cast more than S1..

Thanks to Z2 I guess, the innovator thing also didn't bothering me anymore, there's still a lot to bitch though.

cajunator

Banned
Welcome to the NHK

You can't help but feel this is the future for Tomoko from Watamote...

Really good show though.

Yes. NHK is one of my favorites! Although Tomoko at least tries to go outside. Sato is a shut in and probably a lot worse off socially than Tomoko who is merely socially inept and not really withdrawn.

No Game No Life anime visual released.

I like!

Forget if this was covered by earlier staff announcements, but the OP for slice-of-life comedy Non Non Biyori will be performed by everyone's favorite band, nano.RIPE.

:D Happy days!

Robot Girls Z. As far as I can tell, a short web anime about moe anthropomorphications of Toei giant robots. Starts in January.

This makes me happy. So many things just seem to make me happy don't they?

Articalys

A-1's Twitter account posted the most adorable set of Vividred keychain plushies:
ny7OCec.jpg

CorvoSol

Attack on Titan 16

I hate this OP so much. Attack on Titan drinking game: every time the camera pans slowly over something doing nothing, take a shot.

Still, things happened in this episode, so I can't complain too much. Jean's come a fair distance in the short amount of time he's been on the show, and frankly, he's had better character development than Screamin' Armin. Really not sure what I want from Potato girl anymore. Like, I can't choose if I want her to die so I can stop caring that she's never going back to the quirky girl she was, or if I want her to go back to that so I can really care again. Either way, meh. Pretty sure Mikasa wants Eren's Titan dick, though.

Really what I want is to see more people jumping and flying and slicing the backs of Titan necks open because dammit that is why I wanted to see this show and not for other reasons.

I still don't consider this show Mecha. It's more Zombie genre to me.

Mecha and moe girls, two terrible things combined together. This is gonna be awful.

I think I'm just used to it from all the Gundam Girls I've seen. Speaking of it kinda blows my mind that they don't seem to have a Gundam Girl in this. I mean, I dunno, Gundam Girls is big enough a thing that they have their own models.

Aside Anew sub-arc.. I think he fine, like the moment when he kissing feldt and giving love advice to Alle lol.. I think, I'm more fond to CB cast more than S1..

Thanks to Z2 I guess, the innovator thing also didn't bothering me anymore, there's still a lot to bitch though.

I hated him for not being Lockon and behaving simultaneously like and unlike Lockon and also for being one of many characters to die and be revived or replaced with an identical substitute. Not as much as I hated Nena Trinity, though. Especially not Nena Trinity in the movie.

Been meaning to ask, though: I've heard that SRW improved Shinn Asuka considerably, I was wondering if the same could be said of the terrrrrrrrrible cast of 00.

cajunator

Banned
Love Lab 1-4

I think I found my next Yuru Yuri right here, I actually enjoy this slightly better as its humor is slightly more subtle and not ball-off-the-walls (not saying that Yuru Yuri isn't awesome in its own right).

All the characters and their relations are enjoyable (Maki's lingerie dad!) but I especially enjoy the dynamic between Riko and Sayo.

tumblr_mphut3WWNy1r2pvg2o1_500.gif

Definitely looking forward to more!

The main two girls is what makes the show work. The other ones are what threaten to ruin it. Keep focus on the first two it will be great. Especially with all the abuse sakuga.

Looking forward to future best girl discussion about that show.

Its gonna be epic! Cannot wait!

Soma

The main two girls is what makes the show work. The other ones are what threaten to ruin it. Keep focus on the first two it will be great. Especially with all the abuse sakuga.

Sayo and Red Mugi are good additions though. Suzu has her moments every once in a while.

As good as the main duo are, if the entire show were to focus on only them, the show would've gotten dull as fuck fast.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
C3bu 1-2

Surprisingly decent. Other than Sonora, the characters still don't seem overtly eccentric or iconoclastic enough to be believably interested in a hobby so alien to their cultural and gender norms, but neither are the characters as blatantly archetypical as I was expecting. It's just sort of pleasantly energetic, and the standard cgdct stuff is elevated by some above-average technical aspects like good facial expressionism, a fun and often eclectic OST, and good seiyuu performances--Sawashiro Miyuki voicing a blue-haired gun fetishist tomboy is just shkdghddhsjfhd, and newbie seiyuu Nishizaki Rima is really refreshing and melodious as Rento. The airsoft battles have decent choreography and tension, even if it was beginning to get a bit Matrix-y toward the end of episode two's game. This is definitely another surprise for me this season.

Theonik

It's my personal rock bottom line. I must never cross it.

Also got a leaflet advertising this years manga writing competition. This years theme is voyage of discovery. Apparently this year marks the 400th anniversary of the first British ship to arrive in Japan and 150 years since five samurai of the Choshu clan arrived to be the first Japanese students in Britain.

I wonder if they graduated with first degree honour.
You know you will eventually. Then post about it in here. It's inevitable.
You should write a manga about an English sailor being washed up in a strange island, populated entirely by cute lolis, and his interaction with the savage population.

How far has duckroll fallen :(

Envelope's evil was so vast it overflowed into 4D space and affected our timeline:

http://i.imgur.com/NgxliSW.jpg
Wouldn't it be Bebop the Cowboy?

Robot Girls Z. As far as I can tell, a short web anime about moe anthropomorphications of Toei giant robots. Starts in January.
:Narag

Looking forward to future best girl discussion about that show.
You need to decide best girl pre-emptively.
Also give use guideline ship charts!

..... *looks at watch* In other news, no Wolfrun
image.php

cajunator

Banned
You know you will eventually. Then post about it in here. It's inevitable.
You should write a manga about an English sailor being washed up in a strange island, populated entirely by cute lolis, and his interaction with the savage population.

Sounds like fun!

CorvoSol

Masucktic Prince 16

Everyone on this show dresses horrible and now Asagi teenage angst. Asagi in the most hilarious friendzone ever. I hope hope hope hope he Kain Highwind's Izaru's ass later in this series.

cajunator

Banned
C3bu 1-2

Surprisingly decent. Other than Sonora, the characters still don't seem overtly eccentric or iconoclastic enough to be believably interested in a hobby so alien to their cultural and gender norms, but neither are the characters as blatantly archetypical as I was expecting. It's just sort of pleasantly energetic, and the standard cgdct stuff is elevated by some above-average technical aspects like good facial expressionism, a fun and often eclectic OST, and good seiyuu performances--Sawashiro Miyuki voicing a blue-haired gun fetishist tomboy is just shkdghddhsjfhd, and newbie seiyuu Nishizaki Rima is really refreshing and melodious as Rento. The airsoft battles have decent choreography and tension, even if it was beginning to get a bit Matrix-y toward the end of episode two's game. This is definitely another surprise for me this season.

yes. Thats an apt description.

fertygo

Attack on Titan 16

I hated him for not being Lockon and behaving simultaneously like and unlike Lockon and also for being one of many characters to die and be revived or replaced with an identical substitute. Not as much as I hated Nena Trinity, though. Especially not Nena Trinity in the movie.

Been meaning to ask, though: I've heard that SRW improved Shinn Asuka considerably, I was wondering if the same could be said of the terrrrrrrrrible cast of 00.

Well its not like he appearing out from nowhere, he makes brief appearance in S1.. I think, he would've pissed me more if he actually act like S1 Lockon, S1 Lockon is bigbro, S2 Lockon is dudebro.. all is fine for me.

I dunno with SRW effect for 00 cast because unlike Shinn there's no obvious hole that make people angry that I can see in them.. SRW give Shinn better choice, although in Z2.2 You can make Anew survive so I guess that make the sub-arc better. And Treize make A-laws his toy is neat lol

zeroshiki

Well, they TRIED to have it make more sense. For example, the Trinities have almost no role and the Innovators felt more like big bads rather than total wussies. Having Amuro and Char getting involved in that probably helped.

fertygo

Oh my god this troll sub slaying me
86AEzHm.jpg

ZeLGgsv.jpg

Kobe and his nakama
MZvgP2D.jpg

Bwahahahaha

RKB suddenly became watchable (still make you feel like criminal tho), warning its have many racial slur if you want to check.

CorvoSol

Well, they TRIED to have it make more sense. For example, the Trinities have almost no role and the Innovators felt more like big bads rather than total wussies. Having Amuro and Char getting involved in that probably helped.

I suppose that's all one can really expect. Nobody can make the Titanic sail a second time.

Kill Bill: O-Ren's Origin

HOT.

DAMN.

Articalys

Question: what percentage of light novels can be traced back through their publishing imprints and parent companies to Kadokawa Group Holdings?

BluWacky

Hurray, my Bebop Bluray set is here!

It comes with a small line art book and there seem to be a fair few extras on the discs, but given that I haven't really seen very much Bebop I'm not that fussed about those at present.

Now to reward myself for working with an episode at a time...

CorvoSol

It comes with a small line art book and there seem to be a fair few extras on the discs, but given that I haven't really seen very much Bebop I'm not that fussed about those at present.

They put that kid I barely remember on the cover instead of the dog? Sad day. Ein is the best.

BluWacky

They put that kid I barely remember on the cover instead of the dog? Sad day. Ein is the best.

I think you will probably find yourself in the minority of people who can't remember Ed.

Besides, there's always a chance Ein will be on the second box set cover!

cajunator

Banned

SO fucking jelly.

Whaaaaaat? Ed is totally memorable.

Looks like Shaft is doing some Prism Nana related things again.

http://www.prism-nana.com/

Pachinko is saved.

How I wish this was an anime. I guess it still could become one at some point.
The assets are there.

Also apparently the 13th volume is titled Alicization Dividing and this is the picture.

3Nwj5.jpg

*vomits everywhere*

=(

In other news, started re-reading Baccano! from the beginning in an attempt to catch up.

I love love love Narita's writing style and his unwillingness to play by the rules of the light novel world.

I also forgot how great the bookends in volume 1 are.
Taking place in 2002 as we follow a Japanese cameraman who stumbles upon a mafia hang out, and has a crazy story of immortals told to him. At the end, the storyteller reveals himself to be Firo, and points out how all the main characters of his little tale are sitting in the same shop they're both chatting in. The book is wonderfully standalone, all the while leaving tiny open threads for future novels to fill in the gaps.

Just a wonderful read overall, though nothing remotely close to resembling a light novel.

This is gun be guud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom