• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom 2 - 8

Better, the inner psychological struggles feel a bit week and were way too drawn out but the stuff outside of that was intense and went not as I expected
would have thought theyd be stopped in progress instead of only finally after making it all the way through relatively peacefully, spare that one arrow incident

beat dangan ronpa.

From this point on, I will drop any anime/game/manga/show that goes into 'despair' nonsense.

maybe ones that go on about 'hope' too.

Andrew J.

Kuzuri

This has been a heck of a summer for anime-influenced movies, although this film isn't quite as blatant as Pacific Rim was...and considering it has ninjas, a robot samurai, and a redheaded Japanese swordswoman, that's saying something.

uchouten kazoku - 04
Uchouten%20Kazoku%20-%2004.jpg
Lol this is one way to view familly quarells.

Anyway , this show is satisfying , yet i don't know why ..it just is.

To Love Ru Darkness - Episode 3

If I was Rito I would feel really annoyed at the stuff these girls do. I like girls as much as the next guy, but as much as they're all over him 24/7 I would just get sick of it. I could never be in this guy's shoes.

Also lots of Golden Darkness screen time in this episode.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyway , this show is satisfying , yet i don't know why ..it just is.

Things I like about Uchouten:

1) Likeable cast. They're not the deepest characters around but all appealing in their own way.
2) Unique premise. It's like urban fantasy but with japanese folklore.
3) Tight pacing. Except for some exposition dumps there isn't really a dull moment. Stuff is happening, it is interesting.
4) Good production values. (lol PA works)
5) Benten. Dat Benten.
6) Not too many animu cliches. In fact I can't really think of any except the deceased parent, whose death factors heavily into the plot.
7) Easy-going and lighthearted, with just enough drama and mystery to maintain tension.

All in all a very solid work, exceptionally so.

cajunator

Banned
To Love Ru Darkness - Episode 3

If I was Rito I would feel really annoyed at the stuff these girls do. I like girls as much as the next guy, but as much as they're all over him 24/7 I would just get sick of it. I could never be in this guy's shoes.

Also lots of Golden Darkness screen time in this episode.

Yeah honestly that kind of thing would get annoying as fuck after a while.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Things I like about Uchouten:

1) Likeable cast. They're not the deepest characters around but all appealing in their own way.
2) Unique premise. It's like urban fantasy but with japanese folklore.
3) Tight pacing. Except for some exposition dumps there isn't really a dull moment. Stuff is happening, it is interesting.
4) Good production values. (lol PA works)
5) Benten. Dat Benten.
6) Not too many animu cliches. In fact I can't really think of any except the deceased parent, whose death factors heavily into the plot.
7) Easy-going and lighthearted, with just enough drama and mystery to maintain tension.

All in all a very solid work, exceptionally so.
Echoing all this, easily my favorite show of the season, be sure to support the OT for it!

Haly

I would go further to say that Uchoutan is everything Gargantia was without the flaws (poor prologue, contrivances, fanservice, predictability).

cnet128

Banned
whats an alicization? Making something... alice?

This is explained in the second novel of the arc.

There's a project seeking to create the "perfect AI", and they've codenamed this theoretical AI "ALICE" for "Artificial Labile Intelligent Cybernated Existence". They already have a pool of "imperfect" AIs, so the goal of the project is to upgrade one of these into a true "ALICE". Hence, "Project Alicization".

In other news...HAY GUYS IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. Thanks goes to Cajun for giving me the perfect idea for a good present to ask for:

id4Q4wp4PHwT9.jpg

Awwwww, isn't he eviladorable.
Kyubey, I mean, not me.

cajunator

Banned
I would go further to say that Uchoutan is everything Gargantia was without the flaws (poor prologue, contrivances, fanservice, predictability).

Isnt that comparing apples to oranges? The shows are absolutely nothing alike.

There's a project seeking to create the "perfect AI", and they've codenamed this theoretical AI "ALICE" for "Artificial Labile Intelligent Cybernetted Existence". They already have a pool of "imperfect" AIs, so the goal of the project is to upgrade one of these into a true "ALICE". Hence, "Project Alicization".

In other news...HAY GUYS IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. Thanks goes to Cajun for giving me the perfect idea for a good present to ask for:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Haly

Perhaps the connection only exists in my head, but for me Gargantia was the "wow this is surprisingly decent, I can't wait for the next episode" show of last season, which is my exact same feelings towards Uchouten. Both are low calorie slice of lifes with an overarching mystery and a large but well balanced cast of characters. Both have consistent production and direction with a vibrant color palette.

They are both shows that don't rely on any single facet (animation, premise, writing, moe) to sell, but the competent execution of all of them together.

cajunator

Banned
Perhaps the connection only exists in my head, but for me Gargantia was the "wow this is surprisingly decent, I can't wait for the next episode" show of the season, which is my exact same feelings towards Uchouten. Both are low calorie slice of lifes with an overarching mystery and a large but well balanced cast of characters. Both have consistent production and direction with a vibrant color palette.

But only one has Amy :D

Dynedom

Amy is just another moe moe girl. Benten is the best femme fatale in modern anime since Senjougahara (discounting Nakamura-san cause of reasons).

NAKAMA

edit: Shit, even I was going to describe her as a femme fatale. Glad I'm not the only one picking that up.

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 29

And then the Precure went freaking Super Saiyan.

So they were sent on a quest to find the Crescendo Tone, sealed deep within an evil forest, split up and had to face a giant monster alone until the power of friendship brought them together and allowed them to kick butt.
Friendship really is magic, apparently.

Jex

A realistic depiction of the dangers of bodybuilding and their effect on people who want to remain competitive by descending into doping culture. Soon: EPOs and other performance-enhancing drugs.

I actually think that KyoAni is just trying to give boys body image-issues. I mean, look at this:

OH GOD WHY U SO FAT?

It really makes zero sense.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

There's a project seeking to create the "perfect AI", and they've codenamed this theoretical AI "ALICE" for "Artificial Labile Intelligent Cybernated Existence". They already have a pool of "imperfect" AIs, so the goal of the project is to upgrade one of these into a true "ALICE". Hence, "Project Alicization".

Happy Birthday! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom