• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou/Day Break Illusion Episode 4: This series continues to intrigue enough episode to episode to warrant further watching. The grander stakes are starting to make themselves known as we are starting to see the faces to those who control the Damonica. Also, a split in the team is forming already and it is one of those things that is going to cause a civil war if things are taken care of promptly.

No Game No Life anime visual released.

img_anime_visual.jpg

Guess Ill add it to my list. Sold on his design and style.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online -The Day After-

This was a really nice, sweet, and interesting read. I always wondered what had happened in that one episode and when and why Kirito's hair changed. Now I know.

Also apparently the 13th volume is titled Alicization Dividing and this is the picture.

3Nwj5.jpg

zeroshiki

Robot list from Arti's pic above:

Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Grendizer
Garata K7
Gaiking
Barattack
Danguard A

What are they doing?!!!!!!

fertygo

Robot list from Arti's pic above:

Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Grendizer
Garata K7
Gaiking
Barattack
Danguard A

What are they doing?!!!!!!

I think this are very old idea, they have this idea since like 3 year ago.. too bad its finally here lol

Btw no Getter no sale.

We Are Feathers 2-3 -- This show was incorrectly called "We Are [Futari Wa] Milky Holmes", but watch a few episodes, and you'd see that this is the correct name. And it's not particularly good. It's not awful, but it's not good either. It's just generic, bland, and uninteresting. Nothing more.

Of course, in my review of the first episode, I said how disappointing this show is, and unfortunately, more episodes have only made it worse. In these episodes, the titular characters, Milky Holmes, appear for maybe a minute (max) in episode 2, and do not appear in episode 3. Other than that, it's all Feathers, all the time. The Feathers are, of course, the two girls who are the real main characters of the show, the black-theme girl with the bow power , and the white-theme girl with the shield power. They aren't particularly interesting characters; they're just generic anime characters, nothing more.

The highlight of these two episodes is that minute in ep. 2 where Milky Holmes appear. No, let me narrow that down. The highlight of these episodes was the five or ten seconds where Milky Holmes appear, but NOT the two new girls.
vlcsnap-2013-07-29-01z2u4t.jpg

The one good part, from the seconds-long segment actually about Milky Holmes..

The rest was disappointingly uninteresting. So these new girls want to be super awesome detectives like Milky Holmes, look up to them, go visit them, get encouraged, decide to form their own team, take out one villain from the thief group Colors Phantom (this is all ep. 2), then in ep. 3
run into trouble when the second Colors Phantom member's actually tough. What'll happen after that cliffhanger ending? Eh, I don't really care. If we're lucky maybe Feathers really will break up and Milky Holmes will become the main characters... but that's not going to happen, is it. :(

Oh yeah, and White's older brother
is actually a member of Colors Phantom. Ep. 2 blatantly hints at this, and then ep. 3 confirms it. Yeah, real subtle there.
And that's about the extent of the plot. Brother doesn't like little sister being a detective, they're
sure to eventually fight[/spoiler, etc. Yawn.

vlcsnap-2013-07-29-014yur2.jpg

From ep. 2. No, no they won't. In fact, they don't even appear in the next episode.

So yeah, We Are Feathers is a bland, generic action anime. Don't bother watching it unless you like generic anime girls so much you have to watch everything, or if you're such a dedicated Milky Holmes fan that you'll watch this thing even though it's not that good. (No, I'm not dropping it despite this. But I probably should.)

We Are Feathers 2-3 -- This show was incorrectly called "We Are [Futari Wa] Milky Holmes", but watch a few episodes, and you'd see that this is the correct name. And it's not particularly good.

If you don't put Milky Holmes in the title, maybe I'll forget its existence and not watching anymore episodes!

Love Lab 1-4

I think I found my next Yuru Yuri right here, I actually enjoy this slightly better as its humor is slightly more subtle and not ball-off-the-walls (not saying that Yuru Yuri isn't awesome in its own right).

All the characters and their relations are enjoyable (Maki's lingerie dad!) but I especially enjoy the dynamic between Riko and Sayo.

tumblr_mphut3WWNy1r2pvg2o1_500.gif

Definitely looking forward to more!

If you don't put Milky Holmes in the title, maybe I'll forget its existence and not watching anymore episodes!

I added two pictures to my review! Does that make you more, or less, likely to keep watching (and did you watch eps 2 and 3)?

But yeah, Milky Holmes should not be in the title of this show. It's not about Milky Holmes, it's about these other bland girls.

jbug617

Banned
Sword Art Online -The Day After-

This was a really nice, sweet, and interesting read. I always wondered what had happened in that one episode and when and why Kirito's hair changed. Now I know.

Also apparently the 13th volume is titled Alicization Dividing and this is the picture.

3Nwj5.jpg

Kirito adds a new girl to the party?

I added two pictures to my review! Does that make you more, or less, likely to keep watching (and did you watch eps 2 and 3)?

But yeah, Milky Holmes should not be in the title of this show. It's not about Milky Holmes, it's about these other bland girls.

I saw episode 2. Everything was enjoyable when the girls weren't the main focus. Sounds like I should just erase this show's existence from my memory then.

Kirito adds a new girl to the party?

What if Kirito's the girl again?

CorvoSol

TTGL went downhill after I got my first look at the mecha designs.

Pshaw. The Gunmen are hilarious and awesome. Especially Kittan's demonic banana mech. The flaw of the second season was that the Anti Spirals wasted so much time with their crummy CG spaceships instead of awesome banana shaped robots.

And some people say S2 isn't worth watching!

Laughing at Setsuna getting a boner for Gundams is not enough to wash away the unbridled awful that was Lockon 2.

The audience is all CorvoSol?

Even I am unsure if I can swing giant Moebots.

Articalys

Okay, ANN went through and translated the whole article/details for Robot Girls Z.
The stars of the new Robot Girls Z series will be Z-chan (a girl reimagining of Mazinger Z), Gre-chan (Great Mazinger), and Grenda-san (UFO Robo Grendizer).

Together the trio form Robot Girls Z (a.k.a. Team Z), a unit assigned to promote the future energy source Photon Energy and eliminate enemies who seek Photon Energy for themselves. (Photon Energy comes from Go Nagai's original Mazinger Z manga and anime.) Usually, the team operates from Nerima Ward Oizumi Academy's Photon Energy District in Tokyo.

The nine 10-minute shorts will have the dual themes of slice-of-life gag humor and violence. The Toei Channel will run the shorts this January, after the "episode 0" starts streaming on the official home page, Niconico, and YouTube.
Cast includes Mariko Honda, Inori Minase, Kazusa Aranami, Aya Hisakawa, Yukiko Morishita, Nao Toyama, Kaori Takaoka, Satomi Satou, Ayumi Tsuji, and Chiharu Kitaoka.

fertygo

Laughing at Setsuna getting a boner for Gundams is not enough to wash away the unbridled awful that was Lockon 2.

New lockon is fine.. this Anew scandal though.. ugh.

Why the hell in like 5 month, Sumeragi with her Lelouch Keikaku power.. Tieria that already met Innovater fellow and Soma Peries that always caught the brainwaves, not realize the damn thing.. in five month, I can't.. At least new lockon know faster.

This and Andre Smirnov are the worst thing upon my rewatch.

CorvoSol

Looking forward to future best girl discussion about that show.

Gun-chan or Shin Get-tan, of course.

Some might expect me to react violently to moe and giant robots, but honestly, its probably still better for the genre than shitty cg giant robots will ever be.

New lockon is fine.. this Anew scandal though.. ugh.

Why the hell in like 5 month, Sumeragi with her Lelouch Keikaku power.. Tieria that already met Innovater fellow and Soma Peries that always caught the brainwaves, not realize the damn thing.. in five month, I can't.. At least new lockon know faster.

This and Andre Smirnov are the worst thing upon my rewatch.

Lockon in S2 is a dealbreaker for me. I hated him and everything he stood for. His relationship with Anew was pretty awful, as well as the accompanying hijinks. Andre Smirnov I hate, too, but only because
that whiny bitch murdered Sergei, whose relationship with Soma was probably one of the only meaningful ones in the entire show.

I saw episode 2. Everything was enjoyable when the girls weren't the main focus. Sounds like I should just erase this show's existence from my memory then.
You mean when the black and white girls weren't the main focus, I assume... so like, a minute or two were enjoyable?

On that note though, I did forget to mention Kokoro's part in ep. 2 was okay. She was somewhat out of character (so serious, and without even one "my IQ is X" comment?) and the rest of G4 has been exiled this season (makes sense, amusing characters and good humor elements are not wanted anymore), but still, her part was alright.

But yeah, I wonder if Milky Holmes are going to be major characters in this series or not. So far they are not. We'll see about the future.

survivor

Banned
Okay, ANN went through and translated the whole article/details for Robot Girls Z.

Cast includes Mariko Honda, Inori Minase, Kazusa Aranami, Aya Hisakawa, Yukiko Morishita, Nao Toyama, Kaori Takaoka, Satomi Satou, Ayumi Tsuji, and Chiharu Kitaoka.

Mecha and moe girls, two terrible things combined together. This is gonna be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom