• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamichu 8

ibi8FALjeXLA9J.jpg

CAT FIGHT CLUB. This show is ridiculous, I'm going to bed.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 25

WHATS THAT, MID SEASON CLIMAX!?

You just had to keep that handkerchief man. Everything went down hill for ya Mamoru. Motoki reveals that you never express yourself to Hina, Hina runs away, Hina runs away some more, Usagi's upset
And you got your ass killed and awakened Serenity.

Have to say that even though WE knew who the princess was, they didn't make it ball blazingly obvious by using a silhouette that looks like Usagi, and everyone was just suffering from Clark Kent disease.

This press conference is actually a really interesting look into how various foreign accents sound in Japanese.

I'm actually serious.

What the heck new thread AND 6 pages in the few hours I've been gone?

Mom was browsing Etsy for customized wedding cutting boards (I know, wtf) and I saw this gem:

il_570xN.475343410_h5fb.jpg

I didn't know Precure was a last name.

Ever since I got involved with conferences, its been a waste of my time.

So glad I'm not watching.

EDIT: I want that board.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 17

gskJFyFl.jpg

Best butler provided some entertainment to the otherwise dull Nagi episode.

Oh and I guess all that Hina and Hamster :sdburton.

Narag

You'd think people could come up with better questions than "Do you like my country?" at least.

Oh, I agree. I was surprised it took so long to directly ask about the possibility of shorter work since it expressly said no more feature films. Lots of softballs. So many that I just shut it off.

zeroshiki

Oh, I agree. I was surprised it took so long to directly ask about the possibility of shorter work since it expressly said no more feature films. Lots of softballs. So many that I just shut it off.

Its a retirement press conference. The objective is to get soundbites to use in the news and/or fawning TV specials. I don't understand the complaints about softballs.

cajunator

Banned
Its a retirement press conference. The objective is to get soundbites to use in the news and/or fawning TV specials. I don't understand the complaints about softballs.

Im not complaining about the questions, just that its a pretty boring conference.
But thats not Miyazaki's fault or anything.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 26

Wait what. Okay, I understand how the last events made Hina realize that he said that she's important to him, but he never said he loved her... but
I was expecting him to actually stay or something, but he does what Hina says... and leaves Japan because she doesn't want him here anymore. daaaaamn

Wait what... whaaaaat. What the fuck is that in the end/preview!?

Cat ears? Short person? BLUE HAIR!? WHOSE THIS PERSON!? ALSO A SENSHI!? WHHHY!? WHHHHHHHHHHHHY!?

cajunator

Banned
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 26

Wait what. Okay, I understand how the last events made Hina realize that he said that she's important to him, but he never said he loved her... but
I was expecting him to actually stay or something, but he does what Hina says... and leaves Japan because she doesn't want him here anymore. daaaaamn

Wait what... whaaaaat. What the fuck is that in the end/preview!?

Cat ears? Short person? BLUE HAIR!? WHOSE THIS PERSON!? ALSO A SENSHI!? WHHHY!? WHHHHHHHHHHHHY!?

Oh yes I remember that episode.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
RWBY 8

Uhh... Not sure how I feel. When you cut out all narrative elements and stuff and put in the action the show is alright. I still feel that the action in the trailers are a lot better than what's showcased here. Still there were some standout moments in terms of how the camera was working and the idea of taking down the monsters was sort of unique. I guess. Bad action is better than no action? Idk.

Not gonna talk on the narrative stuff in this post but, the action was... just okay to you? For me it was downright mesmerizing. I don't think it's correct to make direct comparisons to the trailers, all of those were one-shots by Monty but, all of the attitude and flow is present in especially this episode. I can't really wrap my head around what to say though, I don't understand what you want.

zeroshiki

There were apparently 600 reporters and 70 cameras from 11 countries who attended Miyazaki's press conference. I guess its not just Japan that's making a big deal out of this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I stopped listening half way though, but I suppose they were vague on what the next film was and who will take over the studio now?

zeroshiki

I stopped listening half way though, but I suppose they were vague on what the next film was and who will take over the studio now?

I'm waiting for the Yahoo News article but, unless I was trolled by 2ch, he apparently said something about Goro's next project coming next year.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm waiting for the Yahoo News article but, unless I was trolled by 2ch, he apparently said something about Goro's next project coming next year.
They really should have had Goro come out at the end while some cherry blossoms dropped from the ceiling or something. :p

cajunator

Banned
Oh definitely, Riko and Maki are super tier. For the first few episodes I was expecting the whole show to just be the two of them

1378400571338qjsvl.gif

Yeah exactly. The original two girls are so perfect. They play off each other masterfully and the other introductions just diminishes the chemistry.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 27

Ody4Qnz.jpg

I like how Usagi made up a situation that reveals who Luna was.... and then it actually happened when Luna tried to introduce herself. How in the hell did she gained the ability to be human!? Why is she like a Chibiusa but without being related to Usagi and Mamoru!? What the fuck!?

Don't like new girl's henshin sequence, and how they used camera angles. Didn't really need to know she had frills, on top of actually flaunting it. Was probably the creepiest moment in the show so far.

Dark Mercury seems to be coming to a close.... by killing Sailor Moon, DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNN

Also fuck the ending preview. Having Ami thinking of the horrible thigns she did, then cuts to HAY BITCHES WE GOT A SURPRISE FOR YOU FROM OUR SPONSERS

cajunator

Banned
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 27

Ody4Qnz.jpg

I like how Usagi made up a situation that reveals who Luna was.... and then it actually happened when Luna tried to introduce herself. How in the hell did she gained the ability to be human!? Why is she like a Chibiusa but without being related to Usagi and Mamoru!? What the fuck!?

Don't like new girl's henshin sequence, and how they used camera angles. Didn't really need to know she had frills, on top of actually flaunting it. Was probably the creepiest moment in the show so far.

Dark Mercury seems to be coming to a close.... by killing Sailor Moon, DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNN

Heehee. Yep! Isnt she adorable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom