• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Servant x Service 1

Others seem to be pretty lukewarm on this, but I really enjoyed this episode. The humor really worked for me, it was actually better than Working!.

Nafe

Kyousuke is a normal dumbfuck harem protagonist.
hes just doing what they do and that normally precludes turning down all the best girls.
thats why Kuro and Ayase did not win.

Haha, honestly these two kinds of sentences never made sense to me. If the protagonist is a dense loser and the girls don't get picked, why is that losing? Shouldn't that be winning?

Why would you want these girls to end up with a loser? Wouldn't you wish they got together with someone better? A girl that winds up with the MC really seems like the loser as she's now stuck with one. :(

That's why I wasn't upset at Ayase not getting picked, she can do better! I was upset he made her upset.

cajunator

Banned
I liked working. But I found it too shiny, so I wasn't really fond of the art as much.

Well that and it's kinda messing around without really concluding anything, so that's kinda wearing it down.

I dont see whats so shiny about it..
but as for not concluding anythinv well its that kind of show.

Haha, honestly these two kinds of sentences never made sense to me. If the protagonist is a dense loser and the girls don't get picked, why is that losing? Shouldn't that be winning?

Why would you want these girls to end up with a loser? Wouldn't you wish they got together with someone better? A girl that winds up with the MC really seems like the loser as she's now stuck with one. :(

That's why I wasn't upset at Ayase not getting picked, she can do better! I was upset he made her upset.

You gotta point there. I think thats why Sdburton want Kirino to win.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Hahaha, this reminds me of how Shinobu moves on from Ataru in Urusei Yatsura. Rumiko Takahashi allowed her women to have their own lives!

Articalys

Has Silver Spoon been picked up for a simulcast yet?
Yeah, AoA's press release said "available for streaming this summer only a few hours following the original airtime in Japan" but they haven't mentioned the exact time or service yet, even at their panel today.

Nafe

Hahaha, this reminds me of how Shinobu moves on from Ataru in Urusei Yatsura. Rumiko Takahashi allowed her women to have their own lives!

I haven't seen the show yet but it's on my list. It might be a while though as I believe it's a longer series, something like 200 episodes.

I like the visor trend, although there appears two be two factions.

I have to admit that I got a bit of a laugh when I first noticed you changed over to the shades, haha.

wonzo

Banned
C3-bu 1

c3bu1.jpg

This was pretty fucking dull outside of the mock battle bits. Maybe it'll get better when they introduce the Sawashiro character but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure the gunweebs will lose their shit over it regardless.

Nudull

Banned
I love Rumiko Takahashi, Maison Ikkoku is still one of my favorite anime shows of all time.

Same. I still enjoy Inuyasha to this day, despite it's flaws. Maison Ikkoku does sound interesting, now that you mention it.

Yeah, AoA's press release said "available for streaming this summer only a few hours following the original airtime in Japan" but they haven't mentioned the exact time or service yet, even at their panel today.

Oh, nice! Definitely going to try Silver Spoon out.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't seen the show yet but it's on my list. It might be a while though as I believe it's a longer series, something like 200 episodes.

I have to admit that I got a bit of a laugh when I first noticed you changed over to the shades, haha.

Aint she precious with the shades? Komugi is the best!

C3-bu 1

c3bu1.jpg

This was pretty fucking dull outside of the mock battle bits. Maybe it'll get better when they introduce the Sawashiro character but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure the gunweebs will lose their shit over it regardless.

Im a gunweeb. Sorta.
I have an Ar15, a shotgun, and a cz 527 rifle heehee.

Hattori

Banned
Same. I still enjoy Inuyasha to this day, despite it's flaws. Maison Ikkoku does sound interesting, now that you mention it.

Give it a go when you get a chance, Sumi Shimamoto as Otonashi Kyouko is pure bliss. It's a must watch in my book!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 10

Dat Tomokazu Sugita! I haven't experienced anything from this series outside of Phantom Blood, so this is really exciting for me!
Joseph's no gentleman like his grandfather, but damn if he isn't kickass! The dude just doesn't give a fuck. I love it! I like how he was going all Sherlock on the goon in the bar before proceeding to destroy him. And grandma Erina is such a boss. But I couldn't believe Speedwagon died! I look forward to the inevitable revenge-filled ass-whooping Straits will receive, courtesy of Joseph.

Branduil

Free! 1

Free! is a series from KyoAni, the well-regarded maker of many shows full of cute girls. And this series is no different, as we follow the plight of young high-school girl Gou and her wretched fate of being given a boyish name.

There's also some subplot with her brother falling out with a group of swimmers he used to be in a club with, but I didn't really follow it.

Dresden

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu - 01

Not a good start to the show. Dull, flat introduction to the characters and the setting, and the long-haired girl's voicework is distractingly monotone. The setup is Girls und Panzer without the stellar direction or the urgency. There's some references here and there. Blah blah blah. There's a blurred, filtered look to the composition and the animation is passable for the most part, with a few flourishes here and there.

:firehawk said:

But it picks up quite a bit once the shooting starts, and it's enough to keep me watching for now. With a bigger focus on the competitive aspects of the game, this could be enjoyable.

Suisei no Gargantia 13:

This ended a lot better than it should have, to be perfectly honest. They did manage to cram everything into 26 minutes though and it worked out okay. Dat Gen Butch writing magic, I guess. In the end it was a fun little series with some nice characters, though everyone was underused and everything was rushed to fit it into 1 cour. This show could have been epic with a 26 episodes run, even though the overarching story ended up being rather flimsy. God knows they've dragged out much worse mecha shows than this one for longer than 13 episodes!

Well, I guess we have the extra episodes being included with the Blu-ray releases to look forward to at least.

Free! is a series from KyoAni, the well-regarded maker of many shows full of cute girls. And this series is no different, as we follow the plight of young high-school girl Gou and her wretched fate of being given a boyish name.

There's also some subplot with her brother falling out with a group of swimmers he used to be in a club with, but I didn't really follow it.
Ql1s1KZ.png

fertygo

I liked working. But I found it too shiny, so I wasn't really fond of the art as much.

Well that and it's kinda messing around without really concluding anything, so that's kinda wearing it down.

Why its need concluding anything? Its sitcom.

I love Working! btw

firehawk12

Subete no aware
C3-bu
CwV11Uxl.jpg

This is what happens in SDBurton's mind all the time.

You know, despite the fact that I think airsoft is kind of stupid (inasmuch as why would make all these different types of rifles and machine guns if they all take the same pellet ammo and don't fire like their real life counterparts), the dudebro in my actually likes the show.

Somehow, that battle felt more real and interesting than most of the Jormungand battles, and the use of the slow jazz soundtrack was something completely unexpected and... just works. Although, based on the three episodes of Cowboy Bebop that I watched, I guess it's not really all that new for anime.

Of course, Tamayura will be my favourite four-plus girls at school anime of the season, but this and KKK just fills different niches. One is for gundorks and the other is for people who want a lower rent version of Joshiraku. lol

Dresden

C3-bu

You know, despite the fact that I think airsoft is kind of stupid (inasmuch as why would make all these different types of rifles and machine guns if they all take the same pellet ammo and don't fire like their real life counterparts), the dudebro in my actually likes the show.

It has a deagle and a skorpion making sweet love in the OP. That was enough for me.

The only one who loses in the end is Manami. She could have fixed that fool.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
C3-bu
CwV11Uxl.jpg

This is what happens in SDBurton's mind all the time.

Somehow, that battle felt more real and interesting than most of the Jormungand battles, and the use of the slow jazz soundtrack was something completely unexpected and... just works. Although, based on the three episodes of Cowboy Bebop that I watched, I guess it's not really all that new for anime.

Of course, Tamayura will be my favourite four-plus girls at school anime of the season, but this and KKK just fills different niches. One is for gundorks and the other is for people who want a lower rent version of Joshiraku. lol

Guilty! The jazz music was a pleasant surprise, and like others have said I do hope that we have more focus on the battles moving forward. Judging by the OP it looks like that will be the case. Looking forward to next week!

Ojamajo Doremi 29

On topic of Dog girls vs Cat girls, Doremi becomes a Dog Girl!.... Before she gets transformed into Sarah Jessica Parker.

And Doremi Dog is back by public demand...

Ojamajo Doremi # - 14

...and this time with Hazuki Dog too.
I was watching with my brother(
this one don't watch anime anymore =/
) in the room and he started to laugh when he saw
the Ojamajos turning into dogs, Hazuki isn't ready to be a dog, instead of barking she was waving her paws.
Junichi-sensei is going to be a harem mc oneday too.

Free! 1

Deep inside I sorta want Gou to end up being the protagonist after all. Wahaha

Nudull

Banned
Stockingggggg <3

Im still debating whether or not to double dip since they fucked me over with a dvd release followed laterby bluray. Sell them together you shits or not at all..

I had interest in watching Panty & Stocking in the past, although, well...it's Panty & Stocking. XD
Guess I just need to be in the right mindset for it, when I do come around to it.

I had interest in watching Panty & Stocking in the past, although, well...it's Panty & Stocking. XD
Guess I just need to be in the right mindset for it, when I do come around to it.

I watched part of the first episode and just was so dumbfounded.

I'll probably get back to it sometime, too. I'm in the same boat as you.

cjkeats

I watched part of the first episode and just was so dumbfounded.

I'll probably get back to it sometime, too. I'm in the same boat as you.

If you have a crude sense of humour, it's a riot. The dub is really good too.
I loved it.

I have the soundtrack too, it's so good.

Hattori

Banned
FREE! First Impressions:

...something about a guy that is obsessed with water, a very friendly osananajimi, a very effeminate guy, and a fiery redhead rival... and a cute teacher named Ama-chan sensei and a cute imouto that has her name mistaken for a guy's name. It wasn't as bad as I thought, will keep watching. (ED is pretty entertaining.)

v8nYonI.png

hadaka apron

C3-bu -1

It was boring as sin outside of the fighting scene, but the main take-away from this was a brutal reminder at how far Gainax has fallen. The art, coloring, and lighting in this is just an eyesore.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm gonna say though, you have the better one.

I suddenly feel like I need to draw the shadow that the hair is casting on the visor to make it perfect, but not right now.

e: unless you just mean that Makoto has more "talent" :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom