• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Top lewd cut Summer 2013:
tumblr_mpf2weLc8D1qbgi6oo1_500.gif

Articalys

More info on that upcoming Akuma no Riddle yuri action anime seems to have surfaced.

Director: Keizou Kusakawa (Nanoha A's/Strikers/1st/2nd, Sekirei, Asura Cryin', Dog Days S1)
Production: Diomedia (Campione, Mondaiji, Squid Girl)

Thoraxes

Going Home Club First Impressions:

Cute girls doing cute things, fighting bears, making references, and breaking 4th walls. It was a very 'meh' first episode, but there was enough to keep me interested in what the next episode might bring.

Picked up so fast!

Gintama is already tricky enough to dub, adding a bad voice cast on top of it just killed any humor for me from what I've seen. I mean, it's going to be near impossible to match the JP cast. So many of the character's voices in that show are so iconically tied to their character. Sugita is Gintoki, for example. I can't imagine him any other way. Same for at least Hasegawa, Katsura and Kagura. The fact that sentai was so far off the mark only made the problem way worse.

Very true. When I first heard the dub I couldn't really think of any good VA's that could voice Gintoki. Kagura and Shinpachi seemed pretty simple but I couldn't think of a good one for Gintoki. I was thinking Troy Baker could do a good Gintoki since his performance on Kanji and Vincent from Catherine showed that he'd be good at the sarcastic/shock voice.

I'm just happy to see that the Gintama movie was Eng dubbed in the first place. It shows that NA really likes Gintama and they took the time to dub it.

wonzo

Banned
Tamayura ~more aggressive~ 1

tamayurama1.jpg

It didn't even take 5 minutes before the first flashback kicked in and I got all teary eyed. I pretty much stayed that way till the little montage at the end… and then that ED just wrecked me. ;____;

sato jun da gawd

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Servant X Service 1

First things first: Chihaya is best girl. Lucy is pretty great too though! Also, this must be the season of ahoges or something. And
I'm certain that it's going to be Hasebe's father who allowed Lucy's ridiculously long name to go through

Loved the OP too, but overall sometimes I wondered if A-1 put their B-team on this, as the animation looked a bit weird at times (at one point Hasebe's head looked way, way too small for his body). Still, definitely enjoyed it, and going to stick with it.

Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen 1

As I only recently watched the other two anime series, this wasn't as difficult to follow as I was expecting. Though, the stuff with Hinaichigo was really friggin confusing.

Still, it was damn fast, and I imagine someone with no knowledge of this franchise would be overwhelmed by the amount of time you're given to process each super important piece of information, which isn't much before some other crazy thing happens. This seems more like a "which scenes would you want animated with good production values" request for manga fans rather than a coherent product to follow the basic rules of narrative structure.

I will say this looks great now that the franchise has entered the shiny modern era. I'll probably follow it for now.

Full Metal Panic! Another Volume 2

Ok, that was really enjoyable. A lot of volume 2 is spent on Tatsuya going back to Japan and attempting to balance two very different worlds. It's hardly super dramatic, but it's a lot of fun. Lina is growing on me a lot, especially the way she
feels guilty for tearing Tatsuya from his peaceful life. Seeing him get better as a pilot is a great thing to be proud of, but she realizes that she's bringing him into a world he was never apart of.

The final battle was also pretty great too. You win, FMP! Another. I'm 100% on board.

Onward to volume 3!

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu 1

TEA AND CAKE! And then what we really are! Sort of reminded me of K-On! right there.

I like how they got off at calling Yura a weirdo, but that's because they're also weirdos. I will be sticking with this to see where it goes, because cute girls with weapons seems to be the best genre ever.

Articalys

Stuff I watched today

C3-Bu -- Fun characters. Hope we get more
war delusion scenes
like the first one.

Servant x Service -- Alright for now. Never watched more than a few episodes of Working so I don't have that to really compare it to. Hope the variety of gags increases in the next couple episodes.

I just realized Ai Kayano has a major role in both the above shows, btw.

Kitakubu -- I'm glad some of you enjoyed it, but this is doing nothing for me. Won't continue.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
She's certainly precocious for a Sailor Senshi of justice and love. Or maybe it's because of it!

Hey, man, they're just reincarnations, not necessarily CHOSEN ONES in the sense that the power sought them out because of their virtue. Sailor Moon is still progressive for mahou shoujo in that purity isn't a requirement to have the power!
The fact that Haruka and Michiru are scissoring all night errnight was proof of that already.

Kagami

Is anyone subscribed to Funimations site for streaming? Would you say it's worth it?

Lately their site hasn't been working well (I can't get HD video for Red Data Girl to play at all) but supposedly they're re-launching this month.
Whether it's worth it or not is a matter of looking through their catalog or simulcasts and seeing if there's something you want to see in HD or that's exclusive to paid members.
With a few exceptions, Funimation stuff isn't on Crunchyroll or TheAnimeNetwork, but they do have (some of?) their stuff on Hulu (in SD) and on their Youtube channel.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Fresh Precure!] 23
Dragon Ball Precure.

I know Toei pulling the fourth Cure card at the title screen only to not show her until the very end is a staple, but it doesn't get any less irritating.
I hope the mini-arc with Setsuna not wanting to be a Precure gets resolved soon, because I think we've already had enough moping as much as I like seeing Eas in various states of despair.

I also just realised that Toei reused a bunch of tracks from Fresh in Heartcatch. Good music, but the recycling is nonetheless disappointing!
SetsunaXLove doujin recommendations are always welcome. Just send me a PM.

[Fresh Precure!] 23

Dragon Ball Precure.

I know Toei pulling the fourth Cure card at the title screen only to not show her until the very end is a staple, but it doesn't get any less irritating.
I hope the mini-arc with Setsuna not wanting to be a Precure gets resolved soon, because I think we've already had enough moping as much as I like seeing Eas in various states of despair.

I also just realised that Toei reused a bunch of tracks from Fresh in Heartcatch. Good music, but the recycling is nonetheless disappointing!

SetsunaXLove doujin recommendations are always welcome. Just send me a PM.

Pfft PMs please. I do it in the open. Anyway, give it about 3 more episodes.
EDIT: For such a pairing, there isn't a lot of material on this pairing. It's not right....

cnet128

Banned
Wait there are two cute girls in club shows?

More like four.

There's Stella C3-bu, where the club is about shooting each other with model guns.

There's Love Lab, where the club is a Student Council, but they spend all their time doing what the title implies, ie. faux yuri.

There's Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, where the club is a "going-home club", which I presume means they just do whatever the fuck they feel like. Haven't actually started watching this one yet.

And finally there's Kin'iro Mosaic, the only one that hasn't started yet. It may or may not involve an actual club, but looks like the same kind of show either way. Cute girls doing cute things. And one of them is English!

...Why am I at work right now, I want to be at home watching the anime I didn't get around to yesterday =(

The screenshot I posted is from Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku (Going-home Club) it's a horrible looking show that was so bad that that I didn't finish the first episode before dropping it. The humor was poor, but even if it hadn't been, I don't think my eyes could have handled it.

I've heard good thing about Love Lab, it's our last hope.

cajunator

Banned
More like four.

There's Stella C3-bu, where the club is about shooting each other with model guns.

There's Love Lab, where the club is a Student Council, but they spend all their time doing what the title implies, ie. faux yuri.

There's Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, where the club is a "going-home club", which I presume means they just do whatever the fuck they feel like. Haven't actually started watching this one yet.

And finally there's Kin'iro Mosaic, the only one that hasn't started yet. It may or may not involve an actual club, but looks like the same kind of show either way. Cute girls doing cute things. And one of them is English!

...Why am I at work right now, I want to be at home watching the anime I didn't get around to yesterday =(

Im at work now but in 2.5 hours im totally watching all of these.

Blusby

Servant x Service ep 1: Pretty boring, not sure if I'll be following it.
Also the Knights of Sidonia preview looked so, ugh, I'm not a fan the cg revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom