• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rozen Maiden ED

Annabel putting in good work.
I like this song , i like the visuals, i'm hyped!

Well in case anime only watchers are wondering about things...
3v9TF.jpg

Can't take my eyes off you wasn't that great ..but it was still alright.

Cuties was perfect , but only if you've read the manga , go read the manga... everything will make sense , then.

Crayon Shi Chan - 012

Animation took a dip in this one...

Well I finished Usagi Jump and I have to say I liked how it played it. It was a pretty nice first chapter. There was actually more Yukari in the final group of episodes than I expected. Still am surprised they didn't touch on Daichiki potentially dating Yukari though, even if it was just to have him turned down, or have it show Rin being unhappy about it or whatever.

Isn't it Usagi Drop?

jbug617

Banned
Full PR for the Sentai/Tatsunoko deal indicates that eleven shows are part of the arrangement, including Gatchaman and Casshern.

Good speculation in that thread about if Sentai is going to bring out the 50th anniversary Bluray boxes of Gatchaman, Casshern, Mospeada, Speed Racer, Time Bokan, Ippatsuman, Urashiman, Yoroshiku Mechadock, Hakushon Daimao, Gold Raitan.

Would like to see Yatterman come over.

zeroshiki

I woke up this morning, turned on the TV and there was a SHAFT/Madoka feature along with the new Madoka movie trailer.

I think the trailer screens got posted from yaraon earlier.

I have very little interest in the franchise as a whole so I wasn't paying too much attention but here is the info I got:

- SHAFT has not given any info on what the movie will be about yet
- They interviewed Mitsutoshi Kubota (I think?), CEO of SHAFT, and he was super cagey about the whole thing
- They showed an animator working on Homura. She was holding some kind of light ball with effects and everything. The animator wouldn't give up what was happening.
- Kyubey has a new design. His ears are longer and are more pink.

Then they showed the trailer and it was alot of words and Homura pointing a gun at her head.

cajunator

Banned
Well I finished Usagi Drop and I have to say I liked how it played it. It was a pretty nice first chapter. There was actually more Yukari in the final group of episodes than I expected. Still am surprised they didn't touch on Daichiki potentially dating Yukari though, even if it was just to have him turned down, or have it show Rin being unhappy about it or whatever.

Though despite already knowing where the manga stories goes (and I'll admit after watching Koi Kaze I am kind of curious to know how its treated) I guess that final bunch make me feel like in the anime version there would be a relationship or an attempt at one down the line.

Also started watching Kurenai. It seems I've a bit of a thing for stories of guys taking over the parenting duties of children. Watched this, Usagi Drop, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! and Koi Kaze in the recent past. I think that is saying something abut me.

Watch Aishiteruze baby

Tenumi

Banned
Motto To Love-Ru: 03

3 Hidden images

It can be so difficult to find relevant semi-SFW screenshots for this show... Anyway, we get the return of Riko, so its not all bad. Not to mention the see-through-clothes glasses, and its another day at the office.

Articalys

By the way, that Aniplex USA panel had the most atrocious planning I've even seen for a major company con panel. They actually got cut off at the end with even more stuff to say and barely had time to announce the F/Z news. Also spent ages going over info about known streaming, upcoming releases, etc. (that the panel audience probably already knows about) in way too much detail.

JordanN

Banned
Free! 1
Show does nothing for me. But then I always knew I was straight. Might watch more if I'm bored. The red haired guy seems interesting at least character wise.

I also get I name of the show.
Freestyle
, ha.

New announcement from Aniplex USA: domestic Fate/Zero BD/DVD release! Naturally, it will include the dub from Neon Alley. LE box set goes live for preorders on Monday. Check http://fatezerousa.com/ for details later.

After watching it three times, dont know if I like it enough to buy (good dub). Guess it depends on the cost and date as Aniplex already has me for three other releases this year.

I hope the package weiss schwarz? card is ryuunosuke or someone...but it will most likely be saber right?

cajunator

Banned
I woke up this morning, turned on the TV and there was a SHAFT/Madoka feature along with the new Madoka movie trailer.

I think the trailer screens got posted from yaraon earlier.

I have very little interest in the franchise as a whole so I wasn't paying too much attention but here is the info I got:

- SHAFT has not given any info on what the movie will be about yet
- They interviewed Mitsutoshi Kubota (I think?), CEO of SHAFT, and he was super cagey about the whole thing
- They showed an animator working on Homura. She was holding some kind of light ball with effects and everything. The animator wouldn't give up what was happening.

- Kyubey has a new design. His ears are longer and are more pink.

Then they showed the trailer and it was alot of words and Homura pointing a gun at her head.

That light ball is
a time travel device

New announcement from Aniplex USA: domestic Fate/Zero BD/DVD release! Naturally, it will include the dub from Neon Alley. LE box set goes live for preorders on Monday. Check http://fatezerousa.com/ for details later.

Yay now the masses can enjoy this series.
I dont regret my decision though. Those were very nice sets.

Nafe

Team visor is on the rise!

Nafey-kins, what is it about Irisu that makes you such a fan of her? I like misaki of course because shes nuts and her hair is the most adorable thing Ive ever seen but what stands out to you about Irisu?

Just Nafe is fine.

I really like Irisu's character design as well but also just her character in general with things like how she talks and the kind of atmosphere she presents. Plus Yukana has a pretty nice voice as well.

cajunator

Banned
Team visor is on the rise!

Just Nafe is fine.

I really like Irisu's character design as well but also just her character in general with things like how she talks and the kind of atmosphere she presents. Plus Yukana has a pretty nice voice as well.

But nafey-kins is such a cute name dont you think?

Gargantia - 10

Now it's time to watch the last 4 eps of this show ..

Chamber argument make sense and i'm glad things are moving , but i dunno if it's the the right direction ...

Dat ending , is that a sect ?

Defuser

Servant x Service ep 1

eqbWvw4.png

Gintama joke ahoy!

The OP isn't catchy as Working!! but the visuals are equally or even more impressive than Working!!.

So far this episode is average but its because its the first episode, hopefully it gets more better when more characters are introduced just like Working!!!

And I want a Working!!! Season 3 :(

Oh and Yamagami is :chet

Edit:
On the side note I do know somebody who have 4 names combined together to become a long ass name but its rather cathcy to say it.

Krogan

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Just finished a marathon of the series and really loved the humor and overall happy tone.
I didn't care much for the love triangle near the end but at least it wasn't long.
Now I just need to decide a non rom com to watch next. Valrave or Berserk?

Gargantia - 11

Chambers is still quite logical but i don't like this turn of events

Suisei%20no%20Gargantia%20-%2011.jpg

Your logic sucks !

Oh and the sect is ..how should i say it :" vulgar ", "annoying" , "so expected ?"

Anyway , the cliffanger was yet again obvious...

Don't let me down ledo , chambers , it's time to change your objective !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom