• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Lab - 1
iblxkVi1HlOvpM.JPG
I'm completely shocked. This was really good! It's energetic, funny, and features a ton of sakuga. Riko and Maki bounce off each other so well that I'm curious how they will bring the other characters into the mix. Best first episode of summer so far.

Danganronpa Chapter 2

Chihiro ;_;

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm keeping up with the anime just so I could hear that glorious Miyukichi again.
Genocider Shou is best girl.

Servant x Service

This feels like "working" but in another location ...but since i need my working fix , i'll forgive this anime.

And watch it every week

survivor

Banned
I keep forgetting what Watamote actually has an anime. I hope I can actually last through the whole episode without dying from cringing.

Necrovex

So I just rewatched Tokyo Godfather, and it reaffirmed its status as my favorite Satoshi Kon film. Those feels in that film runs deep. I teared up at a few segments. Everyone in Anime-Gaf should really watch Kon's magnum opus.

Articalys

As awesome as that gif is, it would look even better if you edit it so Maki stays in one position, since there's not a smooth transition between the two.

CSX

Hello Animegaf. Got a couple of questions. Didn't want to make a thread about it.

I went to Fry's the other day and saw at the corner of my eye the blu-ray collection of Black Lagoon. I was in impulse buy mode till i saw the $45 price tag lol. Can you recommend me other shows similar to Black Lagoon ? I liked the gunfights and dark humor from the show. Also does the show look great in blu-ray ? It's currently 25 bucks on Amazon and I might bite for nostalgia sake if it is.

Going Home Club 1

Alaska getting name dropped, we're moving places. Expect 4th wall breaking and tales of valor of fighting bears. Also Ahoge-chan being the straight man.

Turning Girls 1

3w8qa.jpg

I want to punch her in the face.

cajunator

Banned
Servant x Service

This feels like "working" but in another location ...but since i need my working fix , i'll forgive this anime.

And watch it every week

More anime like Working is a great thing. Except theres no Yamada and thats a disappointment.

Should be airing on the 8th.

Thanks.

I keep forgetting what Watamote actually has an anime. I hope I can actually last through the whole episode without dying from cringing.

I dont understand whats so cringeworthy about it? Can somebody list an example?

Hello Animegaf. Got a couple of questions. Didn't want to make a thread about it.

I went to Fry's the other day and saw at the corner of my eye the blu-ray collection of Black Lagoon. I was in impulse buy mode till i saw the $45 price tag lol. Can you recommend me other shows similar to Black Lagoon ? I liked the gunfights and dark humor from the show. Also does the show look great in blu-ray ? It's currently 25 bucks on Amazon and I might bite for nostalgia sake if it is.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

And Jormungand (ought to be releasing this fall).

I recall it being a bit ugly and the main character doing things that people relate to, so they cringe to it. I never kept up with it after a bit, not because it's bad, but just because.

Turning Girls 2

In the next low budget animation, we have a fujoshi, who fantasizes about young/old dynamics, Shota, and even Boiling Water and Cold Water cups having sex.

The mind of a fujoshi is scary. GREEN GIRL IS BACK! I want to put a face on her the next time I see her.

cajunator

Banned
So I just rewatched Tokyo Godfather, and it reaffirmed its status as my favorite Satoshi Kon film. Those feels in that film runs deep. I teared up at a few segments. Everyone in Anime-Gaf should really watch Kon's magnum opus.

One of his best but Millennium Actress has a special place in my heart. Easily my favorite anime movie.

new hype gif GET

C5lTMbx.gif

I havent the slightest idea whats happening in this gif.
why are the cups floating?

Black lagoon is pretty brutal but fun. Revy is a tough crazy bitch. Shes great.
I would recommend Gunsmith cats and Armitage the Third.

Turning Girls 3

NICE MUSCLE!

I almost want to have jg's face on her to punch it or something, I had to suffer her existence every episode, it's the least I could do. Yellow is pretty cute.

Oh, and Red Fujoshi messed her arm up so it's difficult for her to carry her fujoshi goods, muscled dudes came by and broke her arm by being distracted by Yellow's Kawaii-ness.

How lewd

I agree with this so much. Absolutely adore it.

Dresden

Silver Spoon and Gatchaman has yet to air, and there's like three to four decent-to-good shows out already. It's not a terrible season.

It's all the things you hate about yourself rolled into one extremely awkward person that makes you think "no one is THAT awkward" and "yeah, I've totally done/thought that" at the same time. It hits WAY too close to home at points, at least for me.

cajunator

Banned
Going Home Club 1

Alaska getting name dropped, we're moving places. Expect 4th wall breaking and tales of valor of fighting bears. Also Ahoge-chan being the straight man.

Turning Girls 1

3w8qa.jpg

The
I want to punch her in the face.

More shows I need to see. Tentatively Ahoge chan looks like best girl.

Date a Live 10

Not enough Kurumi.

So now Shido's gonna have to go on a date with Kotori. Oh joy.

Oh man that episode. Tohka was so jelly and it was precious. There in never enough Kurumi though. Unless she gets a spinoff or something.

Syrinx

Oh man that episode. Tohka was so jelly and it was precious. There in never enough Kurumi though. Unless she gets a spinoff or something.
This season better not end with Kurumi falling for Shido and getting saved or some shit. She needs to stay super evil, cause that's what makes her so awesome.

Articalys

It would seem that one of AnimeGAF's favorite writers, Reiko Yoshida, is trying her hand at some live-action work, teaming up with one of the longtime directors on the Power Rangers and Super Sentai series (and recently Kamen Rider as well), Koichi Sakamoto.
TV Asahi x TOEI, the team who brought live-action movie series such as the “KAMEN RIDER” and “Power Rangers” to a big success, took on the challenge of making a long-awaited “Action-Fantasy Heroine Movie”, “Innocent Lilies”.

The scriptwriter to come up with a unique “girls witchery” story that has never been told before is Reiko Yoshida, known for blockbusters such as “K-ON!!” and “GIRLS und PANZER”. The director is a live-action fans’ favorite, Koichi Sakamoto, whose hard-core entertainment films are filled with breathtaking action scenes. The two creators known for their portrayal of the most enticing “heroines” in their own genres, anime and live-action, to work together on a project in itself is an exciting news in its own right!

Moreover, the main casts will be played by the six members of “DEMPAGUMI.inc”, a unique “geek-idol” group with the biggest potential of becoming the next hit sensation. The characters of the girls suffering from broken hearts in the story have poignant connection to their own past in real lives. “Innocent Lilies” is a miraculous story, made possible only with this perfect casting!

The story has abundant action scenes as well as variety of “moe” scenes for additional excitements. The meticulously, constructed perspective of the world brings about a “reality within unreality”. When the girls of “Innocent Lilies” succeed in changing the world, the genre of “action-fantasy heroine movie” also takes its first step into a new generation of films!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom