• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Love Lab] 01
yqlt2oq.jpg
IKUHARA IN MY BREAKFAST

IKUHARA IN MY LUNCH

IKUHARA IN MY DINNER
Kyoto Animation
1981 - 2013
"We should have made a third season of K-ON instead."

cajunator

Banned
Only a fold away from "I <3 YAOI".

Its worth the risk!

I was looking at video games and then I realized I didn't know what to look for, so I randomly typed Yayoi in.

Then Tsubomi, and I saw chibiarts stuff for a reasonable price, then I saw other Figuarts for Precures. I want those now ._.

I know that feel kirbybro.

Have a great birthday, Zel!

Personally, I hate S.H. Figuarts. The few I've owned have been ugly sculpts with derp faces and often have loose ball joints and pieces that won't stay on when you try to pose the figurine. I own Figuarts Nagisa and Honoka and they're both pretty awful. Figma is infinitely better and it's a shame that Figuarts is used for Toei properties because I disproportionately buy figurines from One Piece and Precure compared to other franchises.

Figuarts Zero is okay, though.

I have a figuarts zero. Cure Peace to be specific. Verrry nice sculpt :D

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I almost preordered a 6000 yen Devil Survivor 2 figure tonight, and I a.) haven't played the game, b.) haven't watched the show, and c.) don't have the money.

Amiami is a fucking tool of the devil, man.

Animegaf is pretty harsh to first episodes it seems, shows that don't front load dull introductory stuff are the exceptions and shouldn't count against shows that follow the unfortunate rule. GuP 1 was pretty dull outside of the
aircraft carrier school reveal
and Baccano 1 was the weakest episode of the show. I don't know, just seems drastic to be so critical so quickly.

It's the job of the first episode of any show to make me interested in watching more, and if it doesn't accomplish that I think it's fair to criticize its failings, while keeping an open mind to changing your opinion if later episodes improve - Fate/Zero is the ur-example of that happening to my mind.

Also, the first episode of Baccano is awesome and totally sold me on the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That reminds me, will international fees be a thing here?

Customs fees don't differ where you are from the continental US, right? If so, you'd have to purchase something like $200 (not sure of the exact amount) of merchandise before there even begins to be a fee. America is much more lenient than a lot of other countries in that regard, thankfully.

Poor Canadians, for example. Fees begin at $20.

Baccano had me with the first mention of that ship.

Baccano! had me at the OP. Just, good lord it's nearly unparalleled in its storyboarding/direction.

Railgun S 13
The way they've paced this is awful. It's slower than it was covered in Index despite being a retread of the same material they've already animated. Just page me when they finally get around to reanimating the
Touma/Accelerator fight
, otherwise I don't want to watch repeated material. And they are going into filler territory after this, so there's little hope left.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Railgun S 13
The way they've paced this is awful. It's slower than it was covered in Index despite being a retread of the same material they've already animated. Just page me when they finally get around to reanimating the
Touma/Accelerator fight
, otherwise I don't want to watch repeated material. And they are going into filler territory after this, so there's little hope left.

I'm wondering if they're trying to pace this out to be the entire 24 episodes or some shit. rofl.

Customs fees don't differ where you are from the continental US, right? If so, you'd have to purchase something like $200 (not sure of the exact amount) of merchandise before there even begins to be a fee. America is much more lenient than a lot of other countries in that regard, thankfully.

Poor Canadians, for example. Fees begin at $20.

I was asking because I remember buying Minecraft, and then someone told me that OH HAY, international fees happen, you know, that thing they tell you jackshit about it!

Dresden

Railgun S 13
Touma/Accelerator fight

There's three episodes left of this arc, so . . . probably 15 and 16; not too clear on just where they hit since I stopped watching after sakugagun ended.

I'm wondering if they're trying to pace this out to be the entire 24 episodes or some shit. rofl.

More than 2 episodes for the rest of this arc is just unnecessary. Next episode
Touma finds the plans and then confronts Misaka on the bridge. Episode after that is the fight with Accelerator and wrap-up.
If they stretch it out even more than that....
There's three episodes left of this arc, so . . . probably 15 and 16; not too clear on just where they hit since I stopped watching after sakugagun ended.

3 more? Ugh.
They ended this one with Touma walking into Misaka's dorm.

Blusby

Ga-Rei: Zero (end)-This was a rather surprising series as they made an urban fantasy show that didn't suck. Then again the main duo were so entertaining that I almost ignored what was the barely developed rest of the cast. The soundtrack was one of the better ones I have heard and Yomi is a really likable heroine. I give it a solid 7/10.

It's the job of the first episode of any show to make me interested in watching more, and if it doesn't accomplish that I think it's fair to criticize its failings, while keeping an open mind to changing your opinion if later episodes improve - Fate/Zero is the ur-example of that happening to my mind.

Also, the first episode of Baccano is awesome and totally sold me on the show.

I agree with that level headed sentiment but we've got someone dropping KKK (haven't seen it, maybe it's just that bad) or people saying that Gainax or Kyoani are dead.

Also just to be clear I liked Baccano 1 but every time I introduced the show to people without fail it just didn't grab them until Isaac and Miria's antics stole the show in episode 2. Maybe it's because the circles I hang around in online and in meatspace don't overlap much but it's interesting seeing groups with differing consensus on things.

jman2050

Servant x Service 1

Working: Office Edition, which means it pretty much owns. Hasebe is the best.

Love Lab 1

...........damnit

You win this round 7th... *adds to watch list*

Much like Yuruyuri, if it keeps the blatant :sdburton: to manageable levels and keeps up the comedy we'll have a winner on our hands.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I agree with that level headed sentiment but we've got someone dropping KKK (haven't seen it, maybe it's just that bad) or people saying that Gainax or Kyoani are dead.

I'm fairly certain that all of that is tongue-in-cheek sarcasm/hyperbole.

I was asking because I remember buying Minecraft, and then someone told me that OH HAY, international fees happen, you know, that thing they tell you jackshit about it!

Why would Minecraft have any kind of custom fee? :kayos

Unfortunately level headed sentiments are rare on the Internet. So I can see where you're coming from.

Also just to be clear I liked Baccano 1 but every time I introduced the show to people without fail it just didn't grab them until Isaac and Miria's antics stole the show in episode 2. Maybe it's because the circles I hang around in online and in meatspace don't overlap much but it's interesting seeing groups with differing consensus on things.

Isaac and Miria are the best in a cast of great characters, so that's an understandable opinion. I liked the first episode mainly because it had a stylish setting and went through a whirlwind of cool characters and situations that I was eager to learn more about.

I would immediately find models of Hansode Shiranui, Kino, Kurumi, and Corticarte.

Didn't a Chibi Kino figure come out earlier this year? But yes the GSC one I hear is hard to come by and should definitely get a re-release. If you're willing to go used though I'm sure you can find one to fill that hole in your collection :p

I'm fairly certain that all of that is tongue-in-cheek sarcasm/hyperbole.

but I want the true thoughts and feelings of animegaf, internet hyperbole is keeping us all apart! D:

Why would Minecraft have any kind of custom fee? :kayos

Some banks are assholes and have fees for buying from foreign countries/processors.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It would seem that one of AnimeGAF's favorite writers, Reiko Yoshida, is trying her hand at some live-action work, teaming up with one of the longtime directors on the Power Rangers and Super Sentai series (and recently Kamen Rider as well), Koichi Sakamoto.
Everything about that PR sounds awful. Geek-idol group sounds like Ubisoft's Fragdolls or something.

----

Happy Birthday Zel!

cjkeats

Go ask Mojang, considering I had to pay more than how much it cost back when it was in beta.

That and International fees apparently applied for me for a Canadian purchase.
Really? I bought it back in beta and didn't pay anything extra. Also Canadian by the way.

jgminto

How many episodes of this is there?
Is it short like Aiura?
Yes it's short. It's on the same youtube channel as Inferno Cop, and I believe there are Trigger staff involved.

Are you familiar with the previous two series? The characters do take some getting used to.

Nah I'm not. But I'm not really interested in getting used to them.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Go ask Mojang, considering I had to pay more than how much it cost back when it was in beta.

That and International fees apparently applied for me for a Canadian purchase.

Weird. Are you saying that you used to live in Canada or that you ordered something from Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom