• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Turning Girls 3

NICE MUSCLE!

I almost want to have jg's face on her to punch it or something, I had to suffer her existence every episode, it's the least I could do. Yellow is pretty cute.

Oh, and Red Fujoshi messed her arm up so it's difficult for her to carry her fujoshi goods, muscled dudes came by and broke her arm by being distracted by Yellow's Kawaii-ness.

How lewd

How many episodes of this is there?
Is it short like Aiura?

It's all the things you hate about yourself rolled into one extremely awkward person that makes you think "no one is THAT awkward" and "yeah, I've totally done/thought that" at the same time. It hits WAY too close to home at points, at least for me.

Im not sure how much the show will hit me on a personal level but im definitely interested to watch it. Highly doubt it will make me cringe. But never know.

Rozen Maiden

Oh my god, the characters are so annoying. I couldn't even finish the episode. No thanks.

Are you familiar with the previous two series? The characters do take some getting used to.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It would seem that one of AnimeGAF's favorite writers, Reiko Yoshida, is trying her hand at some live-action work, teaming up with one of the longtime directors on the Power Rangers and Super Sentai series (and recently Kamen Rider as well), Koichi Sakamoto.

Somehow, this sounds cool and cringeworthy at the same time. I'll watch if it's ever available at some indeterminate point in the distant future.

Love Lab 1

iJAssvmFSdMBC.jpg

I'm not entirely sure why, but this episode didn't really light my fire like it apparently did others. I will say THAT ANIMATION is great and that Riko is handsome McHandsome doki doki etc. and there were a few scenes that gave me a good laugh. I didn't really care for the first episode of Yuru Yuri either, so the entertainment of the show can only go up with the introduction of the other characters.

cjkeats

Many years ago I bought this magazine, because of the dude on a sick looking red bike and something about Dragonball was in it. One of the stories was "Top 50 anime DVDs" and in there near the top was a show featuring a bright pink haired girl and a fascinating description that I was mesmerized with. I never could find the show, and eventually forgot about it....

....Until animeGAF and it's never ending discussion and constant string of new people watching it and loving it. So tonight, 12 years later, I've finally started it.

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Episode 1
First things first, the music is really awesome. The animation is superb too. Character designs are a little strange, but not offensive.
Other than a bunch of set up at the beginning and a small fight, it was a pretty standard first episode. Not gonna say much about it, just gonna move on and watch more.
I haven't really been spoiled on anything other than the fact that there's crazy symbolism in the later half, or something like that.
Something about an egg?
I dunno, I've avoided spoilers like the plague for this one and plan to keep it that way till I finish.
39 episodes is a lot for someone with my attention span to take in, a 24 episode show is hard enough for me sometimes, but I'm determined.

Articalys

Somehow, this sounds cool and cringeworthy at the same time. I'll watch if it's ever available at some indeterminate point in the distant future.
Oh, the article does say it'll be streamed worldwide on viki.com -- looks like this is the series page. There's also another plot summary:
When the new students arrive at the White Witch Academy, the young girls have come to learn the art of witchcraft but must all put the pains of their lives behind them to focus on their studies. As they are given assignments and tasks to develop and hone their magical powers, the girls must also earn the rights and privileges to use those powers. But will they be able to complete the ultimate final challenge to become a full-fledged White Witch?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Happy birthday Hatsune Miku's #1 fan! Happy birthday pizzaroll!
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Episode 1

I haven't really been spoiled on anything other than the fact that there's crazy symbolism in the later half, or something like that.
Something about an egg?
I dunno, I've avoided spoilers like the plague for this one and plan to keep it that way till I finish.
Do not google anything about this show.

mAcOdIn

I've been planning on watching this show for quite some time now, maybe I should move it up on my backlog list.
You totally should. I like it better than Black Lagoon. The girls in Jormungand are better than Black Lagoon, because, lets face it, Roberta and Revy suck. There's less cheesy over the top adversaries in the show but that also means that a lot of the battles in Jormungand are one sided and less dynamic, but still, less cheese. Did I mention that Revy sucks and Jormungand doesn't have Revy? That's totally a plus. And Koko rocks. There's no whiny punk like Rock in Jormungand.

Articalys

They've done it! JAST USA has licensed and will officially release Steins;Gate!

"This is our top priority to get this out asap... it's almost done, all we have to do is put it together and test it and other special stuff... it should be up for preorder very soon"

cajunator

Banned
This season better not end with Kurumi falling for Shido and getting saved or some shit. She needs to stay super evil, cause that's what makes her so awesome.

I think you will be happy..

Friends, can your hearts withstand the Love Lab + Going Home Club + C3-bu + Neptunia combo this season?

Hell yeah it can! And if it cant, my buddy Zel is on standby with the defibrillator!

Cajun, mind explaining please?

The music sounded very lounge-like and jazzy during the mock battle.

wonzo

Banned

"This is our top priority to get this out asap... it's almost done, all we have to do is put it together and test it and other special stuff... it should be up for preorder very soon"
Steam release plz.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh, the article does say it'll be streamed worldwide on viki.com -- looks like this is the series page. There's also another plot summary:

Oh, neat. Thanks! *bookmarks*

IT SO COOL, SONOFABITCH.

I found this on Amazon

There are companies that churn personalized crap out for every name in existence. There are probably a few Yayois in English-speaking countries.......probably.

Still, this begs the question--what were you doing searching Yayoi on Amazon?

Oh, neat. Thanks! *bookmarks*

There are companies that churn personalized crap out for every name in existence. There are probably a few Yayois in English-speaking countries.......probably.

Still, this begs the question--what were you doing searching Yayoi on Amazon?

I was looking at video games and then I realized I didn't know what to look for, so I randomly typed Yayoi in.

Then Tsubomi, and I saw chibiarts stuff for a reasonable price, then I saw other Figuarts for Precures. I want those now ._.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Have a great birthday, Zel!

I was looking at video games and then I realized I didn't know what to look for, so I randomly typed Yayoi in.

Then Tsubomi, and I saw chibiarts stuff for a reasonable price, then I saw other Figuarts for Precures. I want those now ._.

Personally, I hate S.H. Figuarts. The few I've owned have been ugly sculpts with derp faces and often have loose ball joints and pieces that won't stay on when you try to pose the figurine. I own Figuarts Nagisa and Honoka and they're both pretty awful. Figma is infinitely better and it's a shame that Figuarts is used for Toei properties because I disproportionately buy figurines from One Piece and Precure compared to other franchises.

Figuarts Zero is okay, though.

Have a great birthday, Zel!

Personally, I hate S.H. Figuarts. The few I've owned have been ugly sculpts with derp faces and often have loose ball joints and pieces that won't stay on when you try to pose the figurine. I own Figuarts Nagisa and Honoka and they're both pretty awful. Figma is infinitely better and it's a shame that Figuarts is used for Toei properties because I disproportionately buy figurines from One Piece and Precure compared to other franchises.

Figuarts Zero is okay, though.

What about chibiarts, which I noticed.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What about chibiarts, which I noticed.

Never owned any but Regulus and DiGiKerot both do and were pleased afaik.

Might want to check HLJ if you're truly interested because I saw cheap Chibi Arts there recently and if you buy there your stuff is guaranteed legit. You can still get bootlegs on Amazon.

Happy Birthday Rurouni!

Free 1

Am I the only one who was amused by symmetrical docking with mysterious water hands? I guess I'm weird like that.

C3 1

Speaking of weird, freaky airsoft girls is pretty decent. How can anyone hate something with gun toting cat eared Russian dolls and jazzy combat music?

Animegaf is pretty harsh to first episodes it seems, shows that don't front load dull introductory stuff are the exceptions and shouldn't count against shows that follow the unfortunate rule. GuP 1 was pretty dull outside of the
aircraft carrier school reveal
and Baccano 1 was the weakest episode of the show. I don't know, just seems drastic to be so critical so quickly.

Never owned any but Regulus and DiGiKerot both do and were pleased afaik.

Might want to check HLJ if you're truly interested because I saw cheap Chibi Arts there recently and if you buy there your stuff is guaranteed legit. You can still get bootlegs on Amazon.

HLJ eh? Wuzzat

SIDENOTE: Happy Birthday RurouniMiku!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom