• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teekyu 13

YtBFeUgl.jpg

I'm glad Bobby found work after Binbougami-ga!

Yeah, the OP doesn't really fit the fast paced show, a shame. But I feel instantly awake after watching this show.

Oofuri 10

I like all the time when they arent playing baseball directly, it can be so funny
studying scene and makeshift bday part

But for the baseball part surprised at the captain choice
would have thought Abe and not Hanai, odd

So out of all the shows that have aired so far, is there anything that is:

1. Legitimately good

2. Terrible but funny (Valvrave)

So out of the loop and fishing through the thread for impressions is very time consuming!

Thanks

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou is so something, that it's something. Symphogear is also legit good if you like action.

That's pretty much all I've watched so far.

/XX/

The new High School D X D ending is... um wow. Great sakuga though!
Really, how does Hironori Tanaka manages to be not only in every series but also doing solo works like this ending? Incredible...

*reading more of Bakemonogatari novel*

Oshino just asked Senjougahara what her birthday is.

She said the 7th of July.

Happy birthday, Senjougahara.
NISIOISIN makes always a big deal out of this with all the references to 'Tanabata' protagonists Hikoboshi-sama & Orihime-sama, like the first ending for the series also did.

If the images that duckroll posted are, then they don't look bad as a static image. I'm just imagining that crazy-ass scissor sword thing tethered to the fembot in motion and....eugh.
The news outlet I checked with these same images all seem to imply that those were extracted from the opening made by Kamikaze Douga... anyway, I'm quite confident in that studio works as they put much emphasis in a quite energetic movement.

They've come a long way since their decent involvement in things like FREEDOM (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57318868), and now they appear as a much mature studio, although showing a funny side of what also looks like a tight-knit group:

神風動画2012年求人について About 2012 Kamikazedouga Recruitment Information - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZUuceIhL2c

cnet128

Banned
Kayos' suffering avatar really is adorable. I hope he keeps it forever, lol.

So yeah, I just finished reading Hitagi Crab. Just one snail, one monkey, one snake and one cat left before I can get to reading Kizu =p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This surprises me. I think 4chan skewed my sense of what it was all those years back.

I only knew about Rozen Maiden through rozenweapon art. The actual character designs in the show look p. horrendous but I might watch this season if the brave taste-testers continue reporting good direction week after week.

The news outlet I checked with these same images all seem to imply that those were extracted from the opening made by Kamikaze Douga... anyway, I'm quite confident in that studio works as they put much emphasis in a quite energetic movement.

They've come a long way since their decent involvement in things like FREEDOM (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57318868), and now they appear as a much mature studio, although showing a funny side of what also looks like a tight-knit group:

神風動画2012年求人について About 2012 Kamikazedouga Recruitment Information - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZUuceIhL2c

So, those won't be the same CG models that appear in the actual show? Kamikaze Douga does awesome work but they're unfortunately the very rare exception.

How long does it take Funimation to premiere something they've acquired the rights to stream? I'm wondering when Danganronpa is going to show up. Unless there's another way to watch it.

faridmon

OK, that art style is fucking amazing. I really dislike Mecha, but I will watch that, especially since I am a big fan of tee old Tetsunoku Animes.

Gargantia is surprisingly good.

BluWacky

That's because the original was junk but they new one looks promising. Especially surprising given it's DEEN.

I don't think the original Rozen Maiden is that bad. I think the show as a whole, as with many anime, isn't that good at mixing its dramatic elements with the comedy hijinks, particularly for Hina Ichigo and Suiseiseki, but it always had a great sense of design during the Alice Game sequences in particular.

It does remind me, however, of a particularly creepy poster on AnimeSuki several years ago called ArseneLupinIII, who was utterly obsesssed with Rie Tanaka and would post endless essay length rhapsodies in her honour every time the characters she played opened her mouth. The first season of Rozen Maiden was one of those times...

How long does it take Funimation to premiere something they've acquired the rights to stream? I'm wondering when Danganronpa is going to show up. Unless there's another way to watch it.

I would imagine they'll talk about it later today since they got a panel at AX, later today at 3 PM.

I like the Gatchaman Crowds shots when they aren't in the suits. I don't really like the suits.

Theonik

Depends on the show.

I don't think the original Rozen Maiden is that bad. I think the show as a whole, as with many anime, isn't that good at mixing its dramatic elements with the comedy hijinks, particularly for Hina Ichigo and Suiseiseki, but it always had a great sense of design during the Alice Game sequences in particular
I don't know, it's probably indicative of the time it was made too, but I find the original Rozen Maiden so hard to look at.

/XX/

So, those won't be the same CG models that appear in the actual show? Kamikaze Douga does awesome work but they're unfortunately the very rare exception.
That I'm not sure of myself, probably Tatsunoko Pro handles in-house the 3DCGI production for the show (as in KARAS) and they shared the assets with Kamikaze Douga just for that task in the opening creation.

And duckroll comes again in the meanwhile with even more images! Looks nice to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom