• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need some sort of official scale from SDBurton for measuring the authenticity of yuri content in a series.

broken yuri goggles could potentially mean the Yuri content is off the scales.

Then I remembered Yes Pretty Cure 5 breaking those because it threw "yuri" under a bus multiple times.

Mr.Jeff

We need some sort of official scale from SDBurton for measuring the authenticity of yuri content in a series.
He doesn't use a scale so much as a flow chart....

vTu1y3T.jpg

/XX/

The official website for Kingdom of Dream and Insane ('Yume to Kyōki', 夢と狂気の王国), a documentary directed by Asami Sunada about the production of Studio Ghibli's two latest movies made by the both masters Mr. Takahata & Mr. Miyazaki, has been opened:

映画『夢と狂気の王国』公式サイト
http://yumetokyoki.com/index.html

Hunter x Hunter 87

Dont understand the love of Knuckle, pretty dull character type and has no nen proficiency or even a good design, so couldn't get into him at all. Was as bored as Killua was during this whole affair. Hopefully we can fast track through this plotline and get back to the good stuff.

Why are there banners for everything now?
Because peaceiscloser photshop skills were starting to dull because he hadn't created anything new in the span of 24h.

Hunter x Hunter 87

Dont understand the love of Knuckle, pretty dull character type and has no nen proficiency or even a good design, so couldn't get into him at all. Was as bored as Killua was during this whole affair. Hopefully we can fast track through this plotline and get back to the good stuff.
You'll love knuckles ... not now but later.

I choose the worst nights to go to bed early.

I feel the same way.

cajunator

Banned
Love Lab 01

Holy crap. This was cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
I was on team fang at first but now Im not sure if I want to choose. they are both adorable.
Team Maki and Riko!
Or shall I say Team Maki X Riko :D

Also, this show has excellent animation and style and the music works for it.
It also has the most moe abuse since Chuu2.

Actually, can somebody gif the part where Riko smacks Maki with the rolled up papers because that was ADORABLE.

Now onto the Mahou Shoujo!

sonicmj1

Kiniro Mosaic 1

This show is incredibly :firehawk. How much, you ask?

ibzTBFxwGzxcFB.jpg

Friends saying goodbye as vehicles depart.
iEoLynyxgtarg.jpg

Cherry blossoms.
Very much.

This episode spends most of its time setting up the premise by showing us the protagonist's initial homestay experience in England. And as strange and convenient as the mother's perfect Japanese may have been, it was very, very cute, as well as pretty touching at times. The rest is so early that it's kind of hard to tell (definitely a 4koma show), but I liked how it started.

iKp3cSK23sq3w.jpg

ivxlEBfpSult8.jpg

The initial homestay flashback is letterboxed, even though the show is in widescreen. It's kind of like the upcoming horror game The Evil Within, I guess.

I was curious how the English would be handled, and given the standards of anime English, this show does remarkably well. This is no Space Brothers; everyone who is supposed to speak English does, with relative fluency. It may be Japanese-accented all the way through, but it's still admirable. And while I may have mocked cnet before, it is strange to land in England and have everyone speak American. It would have been a lot to ask, but at least us foreigners would have appreciated it!

i8hSiBS9lgDRh.jpg

Unfortunately, there are three grammatical errors in this announcement. I may be wrong about whether or not customs should be capitalized, though.

I don't think it's going to knock my socks off, but it's a nice show, and that's all I needed from the premise.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The new High School D X D ending is... um wow. Great sakuga though!

Chet you have to watch this one (oh you were already gonna check it out anyway).

Mr.Jeff

The new High School D X D ending is... um wow. Great sakuga though!

Chet you have to watch this one (oh you were already gonna check it out anyway).
First 20 seconds I thought "Well I don't see what's so bad about this"

Then the rest of it appeared. Clearly an AT-X airing show then!

Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 5
tumblr_mpkhkfyAgt1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The new characters are good in their own ways. On Feixin crew, Ang is underrated and deserves much more screentime, like what he stands for and want to see him succeed
such an intense moment when the spears and such and he was so brave. I thought the dogs would have came running or something
. Meng Tian is funny and the stuff at the palace
I wonder if the Queen will deliver like the Mountain King did in s1...hopefully she sides with the right side

Taruranto

It's funny to see Monogatari S2 air in the same season as Free!, and how different the mainstream otaku reactions are to these two shows are.

Monogatari 1
This was about as entertaining as you'd expect a Monogatari episode without Araragi and with worst girl as the main character would be. I suppose they at least delivered on the fanservice front.

fertygo

Monogatari 1
This was about as entertaining as you'd expect a Monogatari episode without Araragi and with worst girl as the main character would be. I suppose they at least delivered on the fanservice front.

Very?
I thought its very refreshing environment without Araragi, he ain't shit without Oshino anyway like shown in nise.

And Hanekawa is better romantic affair for Senjou, yay.

Cat still the best girl

Very?
I thought its very refreshing environment without Araragi, he ain't shit without Oshino anyway like shown in nise.

And Hanekawa is better romantic affair for Senjou, yay.

Cat still the best girl
Refreshing environment? The first half was devoted to worst girl's boring maudlin story, the second half was all fan service. There was very little content of worth and even the fanservice scene went on for way too long.

fertygo

I have one, but i think it will get me banned.

just post dakimakura pic or something

Refreshing environment? The first half was devoted to worst girl's boring maudlin story, the second half was all fan service. There was very little content of worth and even the fanservice scene went on for way too long.

I like the girls talk, we don't get too many of that in series.

Most of dialogue come from Araragi's Tokimeki Memorial POV

Pooya

Fate/Kaleid Linear something stuff Ilya -1

It makes Fate/SN anime look like a master piece. It looks hideous, faces are horrible.

18ks7l.jpg

that Fate/SN imagery

As for content, of course it's silly nonsense cute things. If it didn't look this ugly I might have watched it for that Saber Alter in the OP and other summons, I don't know anything about the story in this, it could be cool. Somewhat curious still, but nope.

/dropped

cajunator

Banned
Pretty much the entire episode of Love Lab can be broken down into gifs. The true sign of quality.

yup

Just like K-on !

Fate/Kaleid Linear something stuff Ilya -1

It makes Fate/SN anime look like a master piece. It looks hideous, faces are horrible.

As for content, of course it's silly nonsense cute things. If it didn't look this ugly I might have watched it for that Saber Alter in the OP and other summons, I don't know anything about the story in this, it could be cool. Somewhat curious still, but nope.

/dropped

I was worried about the character designs. too bad. Will still check it out later.

Pooya

monogatari s2 - 1

Monogatari 1

Worst girl? when Arararagi sisters exist how can she be worst girl?

--

There were a few scenes where Senjougahara's face looked way out of form. There is one thing SHAFT was good at in anime and that was detailed character animation and close ups, whenever they wanted at least, even that is failing.

Frosteey

Neo Member
I came out of Free with a positive impression despite thinking that 3/5 of the main cast are clearly unsuitable for max rank social links.

I'd have to think about it but this might be a first since Sailor Moon.

Genshiken Nidaime 1
The change in voice actors was extremely distracting at first, especially since they open up with narrated scene that's just made confusing because I didn't know the voices. But I adjusted rather quickly and I think it'll be fine, the replacements seem to be of good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom