• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Danganronpa - 01

Kc4gtpM.png

Interesting first episode. Going to hold off from picking a favorite to save myself from raging in the future.

Nudull

Banned
Taking a cue from firehead, my current unwatched CR queue at the moment is lookng like this:

Madoka Magica
Devil Survivor 2 (yeah, I know)
YuruYuri
Kokoro Connect
Fate Zero
Angel Beats
School Days
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Natsume's Book of Friends
Hakuoki
Digimon Adventure 02
Hell Girl: Two Mirrors

Reccomendations? Anything to add/drop?

survivor

Banned
Taking a cue from firehead, my current unwatched CR queue at the moment is lookng like this:

Madoka Magica
YuruYuri
Kokoro Connect
Fate Zero
Angel Beats
School Days
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Hakuoki
Digimon Adventure 02

Add Space Brothers and Tsuritama. Drop Angel Beats.

cjkeats

Madoka Magica
YuruYuri
Kokoro Connect
Fate Zero
Angel Beats
School Days
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Hakuoki
Digimon Adventure 02

I recommend putting priority on Madoka, Yuru Yuri, School Days. Add Watamote, drop Angel Beats.

zeroshiki

Ghibli is sitting on Spirited Away for some reason. Probably a good idea too. Alot of the younger generation have fond memories of it and if they time the release right, it will sell gangbusters.

I think Spirited Away holds the record for highest rated movie shown on TV in history.

cajunator

Banned
Pom Poko is the next Ghibli movie to get the Blu-ray treatment, arriving in Japan in early November. For catalog films, this leaves just Ocean Waves, The Cat Returns, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.

Pom poko was interesting. Understandable why its a tough sell here.

Little Witch Academia Kickstarter art.

We did it out of love <3

Danganronpa - 01

Interesting first episode. Going to hold off from picking a favorite to save myself from raging in the future.

Good idea based on the premise :/

Also coming soon to Blu-ray, everyone's favorite crazy over-the-top Gainax OVA, Re: Cutie Honey.

0444_01.jpg

Man do I wish this got a US release!

Madoka Magica
YuruYuri
Kokoro Connect
Fate Zero
Angel Beats
School Days
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Hakuoki
Digimon Adventure 02

Great list!
Angel Beats probably the weakest of them but still kinda fun.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 23

So, uh, I died during the part where Tomoyo sang with Song. My funeral will be held on Thursday, following which my Last Will and Testament will be read (I was going to leave everything to Kirbyguy, but now he's flirting with Chet, so he gets nothing).

Also, shouldn't Tomoyo have gotten the card? She's the one who brought it into its physical form.

Narag

Ghibli is sitting on Spirited Away for some reason. Probably a good idea too. Alot of the younger generation have fond memories of it and if they time the release right, it will sell gangbusters.

I think Spirited Away holds the record for highest rated movie shown on TV in history.

Are they sitting on Mononoke for similar reasons? because i've been waiting forever.

Kagami

Where are you guys watching Love Lab? Do you watch fansubs for shows that aren't licensed yet? Waiting patiently for CR or somebody to grab it.
Some scoundrels in this thread seem to be watching anime via nefarious means.
I'm waiting on the Japanese-region Love Lab stream on Niconico starting on the 14th, but a faster simulcast would certainly be nice so I hope someone outside Japan gets it.

Cardcaptor Sakura 23

So, uh, I died during the part where Tomoyo sang with Song. My funeral will be held on Thursday, following which my Last Will and Testament will be read (I was going to leave everything to Kirbyguy, but now he's flirting with Chet, so he gets nothing).

Also, shouldn't Tomoyo have gotten the card? She's the one who brought it into its physical form.

I wasn't flirting with him, I was making fun of him!

Cheska

Man I am having a hard time finding something I like on CR :(

On the other hand I bought the first collection of Fairy Tail on bluray and am really enjoying that. Is there a reason that a lot of people seem to think it's awful?

wonzo

Banned

Yeah, they're definitely saving that for last.

None of us asking for smut. We're asking for yuri. Which is pure. Difference.
pffft

On the other hand I bought the first collection of Fairy Tail on bluray and am really enjoying that. Is there a reason that a lot of people seem to think it's awful?

People calling it awful are either being hyperbolic or aren't too crazy about the standard tropes of the genre. It is a very basic shounen series that rarely attempts to be more than what it is, which is just a fun story about fighting mages and a wild guild.

Also, there are A LOT of asspulls, but I personally can forgive that for all the fun that is had. The series definitely has some great moments, even if it's generally pretty predictable and not very tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom