• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
the perverse minds of the precure fanbase truly know no bounds to their depravity

Ktt5x97.png

We are the stalwart champions of the garden, we shall not falter!

Oh wow, not bad. Not bad at all.

zeroshiki

Are they sitting on Mononoke for similar reasons? because i've been waiting forever.

pizzaroll probably knows more than I do. I'm just speculating but they've been doing the slow crawl through their catalog for a few years now and Princess Mononoke probably got the short end of the stick regarding that.

jbug617

Banned
Dog & Scissors 2

I don't know what the show is. It's entertaining though.

Man, was the Sentai/Tatsunoko stuff posted in here and I just missed it or did the news crew let me down?

It was posted. Speculation on another forum was that bluray box sets that came out in Japan would probably be part of the partnership.

People calling it awful are either being hyperbolic or aren't too crazy about the standard tropes of the genre. It is a very basic shounen series that rarely attempts to be more than what it is, which is just a fun story about fighting mages and a wild guild.

I don't know about that. I enjoy a good battle shounen, but Fairy Tail is pretty bad. I mean, not Bleach or MAR levels of bad, but it's just a bad battle series in just about every way.

Yeah, it's pretty standard, but the result is that it's also very boring, particularly because none of the characters are in the least bit interesting. I think the biggest fault of Fairy Tail is that it just gives you no reason to care at any turn.

I don't need all of my battle series to be on par with works like Hunter x Hunter, One Piece or Inuyasha, but I do need them to have at least something of merit. Fairy Tail brings nothing to the table. It doesn't even manage to do most of the standard tropes particularly well.

Blusby

I think you'll be glad when it's over actually as you're about to hit that gutwrenching final stretch.

I've heard, by the way which of these two shows would serve as a better anti-suicide measure post-Texhnolyze, Haibane Renmei or Niea_7?

I don't know about that. I enjoy a good battle shounen, but Fairy Tail is pretty bad. I mean, not Bleach or MAR levels of bad, but it's just a bad battle series in just about every way.

Yeah, it's pretty standard, but the result is that it's also very boring, particularly because none of the characters are in the least bit interesting. I think the biggest fault of Fairy Tail is that it just gives you no reason to care at any turn.

I don't need all of my battle series to be on par with works like Hunter x Hunter, One Piece or Inuyasha, but I do need them to have at least something of merit. Fairy Tail brings nothing to the table. It doesn't even manage to do most of the standard tropes particularly well.

Pretty much.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
QJxzMFi.png

(should I keep doing this? :3)

The Count of Monte Cristo 10

So after last episode's poison scare, shit's getting real. Mr. Prosecutor is probably digging farther than he probably should.

Oh ho, here we go. Is the Count gonna reveal his true identity?

God Albert you are dense as fuck.

Ok, you do know that if they catch you guys, you're all fucking dead right? Like, the dude love that guillotine.

Now that's badass way to say "Fuck You Bastards" and reveal your identity in one swift blow

SOMEONE OR EVERYONE GONNA DIE, BUT SOMEONE GONNA DIE GOOD

CorvoSol

Kissing isn't smut bro

Yes it is! I saw an episode of Adventure Time where the reasonable denizens of the Candy Kingdom illustrated that it was.

QJxzMFi.png

(should I keep doing this? :3)

The Count of Monte Cristo 10

So after last episode's poison scare, shit's getting real. Mr. Prosecutor is probably digging farther than he probably should.

Oh ho, here we go. Is the Count gonna reveal his true identity?

God Albert you are dense as fuck.

Ok, you do know that if they catch you guys, you're all fucking dead right? Like, the dude love that guillotine.

Now that's badass way to say "Fuck You Bastards" and reveal your identity in one swift blow

SOMEONE OR EVERYONE GONNA DIE, BUT SOMEONE GONNA DIE GOOD

Let's be honest, Albert is not ever going to learn anything. Like, ever. Franz and Eugenie hang out with him because it makes them look good to have a dumb friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom