• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
CyfzufO.png

... either I just really don't get this or just don't find it funny. :(

I think it's fine fujoshi are thrown a bone every now and again. God knows how often boys are catered to. Besides, after Free's done they're back on Chuu2 afaik...

cajunator

Banned

I think it's fine fujoshi are thrown a bone every now and again. God knows how often boys are catered to. Besides, after Free's done they're back on Chuu2 afaik...

Fujoshi deserve some love too.
still want some more Chuuni.

Think it's suppose to be a political comic

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It is definitely dated but Stellvia's good enough to like it despite the bad CG.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's excellent. I had seen all of it when it came out both as fansub and DVD release, I was just commenting on the CG striking me right away rewatching it.

Theonik

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's excellent. I had seen all of it when it came out both as fansub and DVD release, I was just commenting on the CG striking me right away rewatching it.
It doesn't help that Japanese studios with some notable exceptions don't really have access to studios capable of producing that CG in the first place. There is probably a variety of reasons for that.

XiaNaphryz

It doesn't help that Japanese studios with some notable exceptions don't really have access to studios capable of producing that CG in the first place. There is probably a variety of reasons for that.

I have to wonder, if the Japanese film industry was a lot stronger could there possibly have been a world-class level film CG studio created over there. Sony has ImageWorks, but they've always primarily operated in California.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I have to wonder, if the Japanese film industry was a lot stronger could there possibly have been a world-class level film CG studio created over there. Sony has ImageWorks, but they've always primarily operated in California.

I think Japan needs to get basic film-making under control first. :p

Theonik

I would imagine that would be the case but at the moment, the Japanese film industry can't even grasp things like lighting and using a camera quite right. So they'd have a long way to go in getting a strong film industry.

cnet128

Banned
I really don't have any memories about DtB2 other than Hei drinking booze. Damn that season was a mess.

I have a few memories from DtB2:

a) Hei being a hobo.

b) Suou being incredibly cute.

c) That one other girl from the first episode's plotline being really unsatisfying

d) The ending making me go (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

XiaNaphryz

I think Japan needs to get basic film-making under control first. :p

That's what I meant - if their film industry had grown and matured over the past 20+ years, perhaps they would have generated their own high level CG studio at some point along that time.

Syrinx

I never watched DtB 2 because I only heard awful things about it. My brother watched it. I'm not sure how he felt about it.

cajunator

Banned
I have a few memories from DtB2:

a) Hei being a hobo.

b) Suou being incredibly cute.

c) That one other girl from the first episode's plotline being really unsatisfying

d) The ending making me go (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Suou is so cute that I acknowledge the existence of S2.

Majestic Prince 14

Last week had me on the verge of dropping this, but the show redeemed itself for now with an highly entertaining action sequence. Now if only they'd get rid of Tamaki and the new guy/girl.

Recorder to Randsell Mi 1

Oh hey, more pedo jokes. WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED!?

Did they seriously make the OP/ED a slideshow of random photos they took of objects around Tokyo?

Westlo

I've read the LN's the anime covers and I'd say read them as they cut out a bit to fit it into 1 court. You'll get into the minds of the characters and there's set up for an overarching story in the early novels IIRC (Read them about a year ago).
Plus it's always nice to get a refresher on the series.

Start from the beginning. There's enough differences that you're better off knowing the book canon.

Thanks guys, will start from the beginning!

MJP ep 14

Holy shit, the last few mins of 1v1 battle is fucking intense and awesome. Going DBZ against each other.

Upto episode 10, worth catching up on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom