• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Back from work now, and psyching myself up for ALL THE ANIMES THURSDAY.

With Silver Spoon starting today, I will now have seven Thursday anime I'm watching weekly. Thursday, you never disappoint. Plus I'm hoping to start watching Yes! Precure 5 this evening. (I might want to leave some of those episodes for tomorrow, though, since Friday is particularly bare this season. The only Friday anime I have on my list is Gatchaman Crowds...)

Dresden

my eyes

VHbh1fy.jpg

Back from work now, and psyching myself up for ALL THE ANIMES THURSDAY.

With Silver Spoon starting today, I will now have seven Thursday anime I'm watching weekly. Thursday, you never disappoint. Plus I'm hoping to start watching Yes! Precure 5 this evening. (I might want to leave some of those episodes for tomorrow, though, since Friday is particularly bare this season. The only Friday anime I have on my list is Gatchaman Crowds...)

How do you have seven thrusday anime? I only have two...Naruto Shippuden and Majestic Prince...

Theonik

The Skullman 07
i5zjYxjv6W9Uz.png

This guy :lol
Ha! I knew this was going to end up being a red herring. Of course
he'd use the Skullman as a pretence for his dirty work. Poor girl though :(
Oh I've been meaning to mention this before but the music for this show is excellent.

The Skullman is a thoroughly excellent series and I'm sure I'd fine many who'd agree. I'm sure duckroll would be quick to defend it, if he ever materialises in these parts again.
Well I've been enjoying it so far, just saying that if he intended to warn me it's too late now!

Narag

The Skullman is a thoroughly excellent series and I'm sure I'd fine many who'd agree. I'm sure duckroll would be quick to defend it, if he ever materialises in these parts again.

He's abandoned us for GTA V threads, leaving Desden as the rear guard in a manner not too dissimilar from Mellowlink's fate.

cnet128

Banned
What airs on Saturday?

My list looks like this:

Kin'iro Mosaic
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou
Monogatari SS
Kami no Inai Nichiyoubi
Shingeki no Kyojin
Fantasista Doll

Plus the aforementioned Futari wa Milky Holmes and Kimi no Iru Machi which are starting this coming Saturday.

...For completeness' sake, I believe there are also quite a few series I'm not watching on Saturday as well, including Neptunia, Kingdom and Genshiken. It's terrifying how much Saturday anime we've got, really.

cajunator

Banned
My list looks like this:

Kin'iro Mosaic
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou
Monogatari SS
Kami no Inai Nichiyoubi
Shingeki no Kyojin
Fantasista Doll

Plus the aforementioned Futari wa Milky Holmes and Kimi no Iru Machi which are starting this coming Saturday.

...For completeness' sake, I believe there are also quite a few series I'm not watching on Saturday as well, including Neptunia, Kingdom and Genshiken. It's terrifying how much Saturday anime we've got, really.

Kiniro and fantasista on Saturday for me then.

Can't wait to see Silver Spoon today! Silver Spoon (depending if it's actually funny), Watamote, and Blood Lad seems to be the comedy anime's of the season so I can't wait for it. I hope it's good because I know the story summary sounds really good.

Nafe

I thought I'd go Free! and sport an avatar of Haru-chan.

t's not like one has to struggle to find a replacement:
LrRqpmq.jpg

Great! I didn't even know this picture came in basically wallpaper size or that supposedly the shorts were also made in HD.

I'll have to put up some comments since I haven't for awhile but with watching Heartcatch PreCure! and then recently taking another look at the first of the shorts done by SHAFT it's interesting that Palutena herself is voiced by Aya Hisakawa, who does the voice of Cure Moonlight in Heartcatch, but I also found out this time that Pit is voiced by Minami Takayama, who does the voice of Dark PreCure in Heartcatch. Just kind of funny with how these two different characters are in the different series.

Now that Pit is in Smash Brothers it would be nice if Palutena became a playable character as well in the next upcoming game.

Theonik

The Skullman 08
Sounds like I might be right all along
White bell = pharmaceutical and there seems to be some old experiment the military was involved in and VENGEANCE
Skullman doing more Skullman things and threats!
Wonder what that weird looking guy will bring still introducing him in 07 and having him vanish is such a pisstake.
Why do best girl candidates have to go mess with stupid cult in this show. That was a deathflag as it ever gets.

Go_Ly_Dow

...I hate this show.

School Days - 11

We get it, School Days, you want us to be as aroused and depraved as Makoto is, even in the wake of the previous ten episodes of pain. Good for you. Also, it seems that the harem has claimed another, and yet I love how nonchalant and accepting Makoto and Hikari are about it all. There is no goddamn hope.

Um...what exactly is under those rags, Katsura? :eek:

Hikari, you are the fucking worst, in so many ways. So many.

Oh fuck me, the harem is reaching pandemic levels, we need to nuke this school yesterday!

I think Katsura's completely gone, guys. I just can't. ;_;

No. NO. Fuck you, School Days. You're not bringing a pregnancy into this. Fuck you, fuck Makoto, and fuck everything.

And speaking of everything, everything seems to finally be falling apart for our dear, brainless protagonist. I feel like I should be happy, but this is such a hollow victory that I'm way too worn to even call it as such. And fuck this ending, Makoto doesn't deserve shit.

Fuck Christmas.

So. I don't know if I should feel accomplished or disturbed at myself for making it this far. I need something to hug.

hahahaha

Great! I didn't even know this picture came in basically wallpaper size or that supposedly the shorts were also made in HD.

I'll have to put up some comments since I haven't for awhile but with watching Heartcatch PreCure! and then recently taking another look at the first of the shorts done by SHAFT it's interesting that Palutena herself is voiced by Aya Hisakawa, who does the voice of Cure Moonlight in Heartcatch, but I also found out this time that Pit is voiced by Minami Takayama, who does the voice of Dark PreCure in Heartcatch. Just kind of funny with how these two different characters are in the different series.

Now that Pit is in Smash Brothers it would be nice if Palutena became a playable character as well in the next upcoming game.

Holy shoot that comment was (relatively) a while ago.

But thanks for bringing it up again, I must know how I can watch a higher quality version of that short.

I thought it was kinda interesting how the humor in the short was actually kinda worse than the humor in the actual game lol -- at least in the English dub. (still bought the game because of it though)

Palutena's such a shoo-in that if she isn't in I'm losing faith in Sakurai's executive decisions.

CorvoSol

OH now I get it, Corvo thinks the Madoka OP sounds like Sword Art Online's OP.

Shit I can't get rid of the connection now.

You know that's an entirely possible scenario.

Valvrave episodes 10 - 12

5O7IbSRl.jpg

I'm crying over here. This is what I wake up to? I needed this.

Kyoko is best Magical Girl.
Mami's soul gem materialized into a hair bow on her head when she transforms.
Her soul gem got destroyed when the witch ate her head.

I don't really like Red's little fangly things cuz I'm not a huge fan of that, but her weapon rocks.
If Yellow's head got bitten clean off, though, she should've been saveable. Of course the only one who knew this was Kyube and LOL at the devil ever being helpful.

Theonik

One of the mystery of life is; I will never get the love for Skullman. Absolutely awful plot with the worse villain ever.
From what I've seen so far it has some good direction with instances of good animation, good music and he Skullman himself is pretty cool. He kind of reminds me of the Phantom the Opera. The OP rules too.
Can't speak for others though.

cajunator

Banned
Kiniro Mosaic 1

Oh my god this is adorable.

Also, dat Engrish. "Aren't you going to eat that desert?" Heheheheh.

Loved the first episode of Servant x Service. A show that I can really relate to. Can't wait to see more!

Both of these are on my watch list for this evening.

Nife just reminded me that there isnt a Palutena anime yet and it makes me sad.

cnet128

Banned
Silver Spoon 1

FARMING FARMING FARMING

This was very FARMING

COWS HORSES CHICKENS EGGS BLOOD

It's certainly easy to identify with the main character. I doubt I could deal with any of this either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom