• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just watched Nerawareta Gakuen. What a mess of a story, lol. I watched the end twice to be sure if I wasn't understanding something because I was distracted, but that wasn't the case.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 2: This show really wants to be Madoka Magica, like ready to wear its skin and eat it heart bad. The show also seems t obewearing the skull cap of Mai Otome.

jbug617

Banned
Love Lab 2:

You know what I like the little violence in the show. Also pleased don't turn into
a harem with all the girls falling in love with the Wild One.

Danganronpa Episode 2

Wow, you weren't kidding about the opening being... weird. I kind of dig it though - it sounds exactly like they were trying to rip off Persona 3/4 and kind of succeeded at it. I'm okay with them using the title music from the game as a base for their tomfoolery. Seductive Monokuma dance is also pretty great.
Anime itself is kind of shitty though. There's no way it would hold my interest if I hadn't played the game beforehand because they've entirely done away with the characterization. Even Naegi, who in the game is a dull and dimwitted self-insert vessel of a character, is now made entirely unlikable. I'm not sure if I'll check out episode three. I don't think I can handle Naegi's incomprehensibly moronic brainfarts over 11037 a second time in my life. Togami, Kirigiri and Celes are total swaglords by the way. But this is just the source material being decent and not a virtue of the anime.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Episode 1

Wow this is
tits.

Is Attack on Titan back, then?

Apparently. I watched the first episode and thought it was really good. I would watch the rest, but apparently episodes 9-12 have stuff where absolutely nothing happens. Yeah in a Shounen anime that's acceptable after a big arc but not in a mega-serious show like this.

Theonik

Also pleased don't turn into
a harem with all the girls falling in love with the Wild One.
This would make the show 100% better though. Why must you hate on good things. The harem genre is sorely lacking on pure yuri offerings.
It's not happening anyway. ( ´Д`)y━・~~

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pacific Rim:

first half -

PUjPDHq.gif

second half -

ibr80t4gNGnNj4.gif

verdict -

0.1 End of Evangelions

10 3.33's
SUCK IT MITSUO ISO HATERS

Conan-san

So what I'm getting here, is that Gatchaman Crowds is so scared of being Gatchaman that it might as well be called Battle of The Planets Crowds for all it counts.

Also Daybreak Illusion is Poundland Madoka and is only fit to be savaged by Ashens.

Jex

Pacific Rim:

first half -

PUjPDHq.gif

second half -

ibr80t4gNGnNj4.gif

verdict -

0.1 End of Evangelions

10 3.33's

That's pretty fair, although End of Evangelion certainly had the benefit of having a whole series to establish it's characters. Although that doesn't excuse the script in Pacific Rim.

CorvoSol

Apparently. I watched the first episode and thought it was really good. I would watch the rest, but apparently episodes 9-12 have stuff where absolutely nothing happens. Yeah in a Shounen anime that's acceptable after a big arc but not in a mega-serious show like this.

Last time I sat around through episodes of nothing Goku's Spirit Bomb did NOTHING to Freeza. I don't have the same amount of years of my life to waste watching nothing happen in an action show again.

survivor

Banned
Pacific Rim

Good mecha battles with weight and large scale to them. I just wish they were more creative with some of them and be less visually confusing with all the explosions. The characters and script were damn bad and forgettable.

Female lead was cute.

So today my sister came to me saying, "I've got this really cool anime to show you, its soooo good you have to watch it"

I jokingly said "Is it your favourite anime of all time?" and she replied saying "Close. Def in the top three with Cowboy Bebop"

"What is it called?", I said.

"Sword Art Online", she replied.

I just stood there staring into her eyes and she wasn't joking, there was genuine excitement there. The worst part, the part that made me want to rip my fucking heart out and piss on it was that I had to sit through three episodes, seeing all the stupid shit on that show and not being able to say anything on how stupid the premise, how lame the characters were because it felt like I would be a party pooper, someone who was ruining the fun. All I could say was moronic useless tripe like why do they have hammers if its called sword art online :(

So today my sister came to me saying, "I've got this really cool anime to show you, its soooo good you have to watch it"

I jokingly said "Is it your favourite anime of all time?" and she replied saying "Close. Def in the top three with Cowboy Bebop"

So, about your sister, yourself, SAO and incest...

cajunator

Banned

I just stood there staring into her eyes and she wasn't joking, there was genuine excitement there. The worst part, the part that made me want to rip my fucking heart out and piss on it was that I had to sit through three episodes, seeing all the stupid shit on that show and not being able to say anything on how stupid the premise, how lame the characters were because it felt like I would be a party pooper, someone who was ruining the fun. All I could say was moronic useless tripe like why do they have hammers if its called sword art online :(

My roommate loooooves sword art online and I cant figure out whats so great about it. I just fucking cant.

Hopefully shes a huge fan of Kirito...
tumblr_mj2l4ncduP1qcd4vbo1_250.png

I am, definitely in the top three, though I put him way higher than Spike.

Theonik

I know a lot of people who like SAO. I tend to dodge the subject whenever possible, as it always makes me sound like a condescending prick. More than usual.

So, about your sister, yourself, SAO and incest...

I don't get it....

My roommate loooooves sword art online and I cant figure out whats so great about it. I just fucking cant.

You and me. Never understood why people liked it so much.

Hopefully shes a huge fan of Kirito...
tumblr_mj2l4ncduP1qcd4vbo1_250.png

I am, definitely in the top three, though I put him way higher than Spike.

Why and I hope not.

I know a lot of people who like SAO. I tend to dodge the subject whenever possible, as it always makes me sound like a condescending prick. More than usual.

Yeah exactly how I felt.

Edit; I've just learned how to multiquote :eek:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hate gifing (and optimising) panning scenes. So while I experiment to find a way that makes the background not smear have another paper fan slap Love Lab gif.

iTE6a7OW0OkkL.gif

BluWacky

Also, just watched Nerawareta Gakuen. What a mess of a story, lol. I watched the end twice to be sure if I wasn't understanding something because I was distracted, but that wasn't the case.

One of these days, I'm going to buy a whiteboard, and scrawl equations and half-formed sentences across it to attempt to give a rational explanation for NeraGaku's narrative collapse (because I genuinely do love the film).

Then they won't laugh at me any more. No, they won't. I'll show them all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HOLY MONKEYS ON A SPACE HOPPER! Kayos' post is like 40MB in size.

Whole episodes of Puchimas are smaller than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom