• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

No, but it did start at an even higher MSRP and isn't being sold only at Comiket to start -- well, anyway, this is a new venture for everyone, even Trigger, so I guess they will probably price it equally across the board. Whatever.

I think it could possibly be cheaper if there are more distribution outlets selling it in the US (like TRSI), but if it's only direct order from the website, probably not. We'll see.

e_i

http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/news/20130713.html

The Little Witch Academia blu-ray will be released in August. The price is 6000yen (probably 60 USD), and will include the blu-ray with 7 subtitle languages, audio track in 5.1 and stereo, the 66 minute Making of feature with English subtitles, the complete soundtrack CD, and a 112 page artbook which includes commentary by Yoshinari, design materials, selected key animation frames and storyboard portions, and the original first draft script.

Take my money!

Articalys

Forget the LWA price discussion. I made a terrible comparison that means nothing so it'll sell for whatever it sells for.

Sticking to only episode impressions and sales posts in this thread from now on so I don't say something fucking stupid ever again.

But they are wearing pants in-universe!

They're not wearing traditional pants is what I'm saying!

GnV47UC.jpg

Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! - 12 END

I have no words for the awesome contained within.

Also:

hDUewJk.jpg

KJXlAaK.jpg

Also it's hard to show people this show with images cause I would probably get banned over 1000 times.

ON TO THE OVAs

Oh geez, every post someone makes about this makes me want to watch it more.

cajunator

Banned
Summer Wars

Pretty decent anime movie. Maybe i'll watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time next, which i believe has the same director.

TGWLTT is pretty great.
Definitely check it out if you liked Summer Wars.
youll also understand the context of Branduils avatar (RIP)

No, but it did start at an even higher MSRP and isn't being sold only at Comiket to start -- well, anyway, this is a new venture for everyone, even Trigger, so I guess they will probably price it equally across the board. Whatever.

Like usual I tried to say something smart and ended up sounding dumb instead. Really need to learn to shut myself up and not try to comment on everything.

Dont worry so much. I comment on a lot and pretty sure I say stupid shit half the time. The trick is having no shame.

Narag

Sticking to only episode impressions and sales posts in this thread from now on so I don't say something fucking stupid ever again.

The self-lamentation is far more "fucking stupid" than any mistake you might make in a comparison. You draw more attention to these things doing that than anything else you might say, right or wrong.

iavi

http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/news/20130713.html

The Little Witch Academia blu-ray will be released in August. The price is 6000yen (probably 60 USD), and will include the blu-ray with 7 subtitle languages, audio track in 5.1 and stereo, the 66 minute Making of feature with English subtitles, the complete soundtrack CD, and a 112 page artbook which includes commentary by Yoshinari, design materials, selected key animation frames and storyboard portions, and the original first draft script.

I wasn't thinking one episode was worth 60, plus shipping, but Trigger with those EXTRAS.

I'm tempted. Very tempted.

E: wait. Isn't the same package hitting the US soon, anyway?

E2: I like how Trigger's main page already has more slots planned for crowdfunding lol.

My Little English Girl 2

The English continues as we see the developments of her few weeks in Japan. In attempts to throw the English teacher under the bus, she reversed the attack by giving praise to Alice for her perfect English. Said Teacher might have more quirks in the future that goes beyond slapping Bunny ears on Alice.

The middle of the episode really gave me a 4koma feel, and it actually persisted for longer than I expected, probably to get through scenarios very quickly or because well.... it was a 4koma.

There was plenty of :SDBurton moments to be had, and come to think of it, I don't really recall a prominent male that existed for a decent amount of time in this episode.

I think what sticks out the most to me though is Shino and her love of England. It's like this anime is about the life of a Westaboo, which doesn't get a lot of focus, so it's pretty interesting. It even pokes fun of that in the 4koma sections of the show where she cosplays as a "foreigner"

Along with the segment where she says that she'll dye her hair blonde (much to everyone's dismay) when she graduates. Only Alice bluntly says no to the idea (eithr because it won't look good or because she fears that Shino will actually look better than her according to her dream)

Humor was had in this episode, and I see some budding love between Aya and Yoko.

cajunator

Banned
My Little English Girl 2

The English continues as we see the developments of her few weeks in Japan. In attempts to throw the English teacher under the bus, she reversed the attack by giving praise to Alice for her perfect English. Said Teacher might have more quirks in the future that goes beyond slapping Bunny ears on Alice.

The middle of the episode really gave me a 4koma feel, and it actually persisted for longer than I expected, probably to get through scenarios very quickly or because well.... it was a 4koma.

There was plenty of :SDBurton moments to be had, and come to think of it, I don't really recall a prominent male that existed for a decent amount of time in this episode.

I think what sticks out the most to me though is Shino and her love of England. It's like this anime is about the life of a Westaboo, which doesn't get a lot of focus, so it's pretty interesting. It even pokes fun of that in the 4koma sections of the show where she cosplays as a "foreigner"

Along with the segment where she says that she'll dye her hair blonde (much to everyone's dismay) when she graduates. Only Alice bluntly says no to the idea (eithr because it won't look good or because she fears that Shino will actually look better than her according to her dream)

Humor was had in this episode, and I see some budding love between Aya and Yoko.

The art style is just adorable on a ridiculous level.

/XX/

Happy Birthday to /XX/.
Also happy birthday /XX/!
happy birthday /XX/!
Fellows, I value highly your words. Thanks for all!

Nope, tha bad guys are over there at Barca now ;)
Seems that way too, nowadays. I still profess a sane envy for that club's structure, specially in regards to La Masía management (although Mr. Laporta has precisely been criticizing a "destruction of its foundations" lately on various mediums).

A new reinvigorating phase of the 'Zidanes y Pavones' philosophy for Real Madrid could be a good step forward in regaining for the young guys at Valdebebas' 'cantera' some more confidence on them actually achieving a future possible place at the first team.

jman2050

Monogatari S2 2

It's so fun watching Senjougahara systematically pick apart Hanekawa in much the same way she does Marararagi-san. Also
I approve of short-haired Black Hanakawa

Shaft bringing the goods this time with the
shower scene.
And how!

railgun s 14

this moment was dumb in index, was even dumber here. Just tell her lets work together and punch accelerator.

So simple.

It's even weirder with touma appearing like a few times at all in railgun and now is her closest friend somehow.

next eps should be fun.

Oh yea the cat was well animated and adorable.

Daybreak Illusion 2

Well this is obviously similar to a certain show that we know and love, as we already knew since last week, and the Fuyuno situation was explained
With Memory Alteration of everyone who knew of their existence. Apparently being stable after regaining the memories show off potential and whatnot. Crow and Cat are assholes because fuck feelings.

The first half of the episode was a bit more happy, and the second half was basically why do you do cruel things you assholes. Kinda like the last episode.

I'm not sure if I said it yet but Mushibugyou is really great now. I don't know what or who did it, but Mushibugyou's action scenes took a huge overhaul. It's way better then before and it's actually cool to see the fights now.

I'm actually anticipating the new episodes now.

-------

Also, Happy Birthday /XX/

il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion Episode 2

Just when it gets boring it gets instantly good again. The soundtrack keeps things interesting and is kind of my favorite for the season along with Free!'s. It makes all the events sound pretty grand and large in scale with a sort of royal flare to it for some reason with a hint of magic. Its odd. The way it is even incorporated into their school for a mission too was memorable.

Good transformation scenes, action, and enemy design along with abilities. Am looking forward to more from the Sephiro Fiore.
No more memory wiping please, seems rather weak and easy to break for the cast

danganropa 2

interesting stuff. Makes me sad that they never did go around to make a Phoenix Wright anime. The manga is good, and the anime scenes from the AA5 trailer looked great.

Can't wait for next week.

Pooya

Someone remind me which episode of attack on titan this was (as in number)
I want to resume watching forgot where I left, ffff >.<

spoiler
It was the episode when army guys were trying to kill Eren, a lot of screaming with that beard officer guy

Day Break Illusion 2

Loved the ending and the seemingly no win scenario the protagonist find themselves in. The transformation sequences are pretty sweet too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

spoiler
It was the episode when army guys were trying to kill Eren, a lot of screaming with that beard officer guy

Sort of hard to answer that lol cuz... hahahah

Soma

spoiler
Think that was either episode 9 or 10

cnet128

Banned

spoiler

Sounds like episode 9 or 10.

Syrinx

Hyouka 19

Pretty simple episode. It was really just Oreki and Chitanda in the club room trying to come up with a theory as to why a person who was called down to the staff room had been called down. It was a game by Oreki to come up with a wild conclusion to show Chitanda that he really isn't that skilled at this kinda thing, but then he kinda accidentally proves to himself that he is after he figures out that he hit the nail on the head.

I liked this episode. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because Oreki and Chitanda have a dynamic that I enjoy watching and that this episode was really based entirely around that.

LordCanti

Monogatari 02

Some rough cuts in this one and some places where the animation gets somewhat lazy, but it was a good episode overall. The roughest cut of all for me was
Black Hanekawa just kind of showing up, and it being all "Yup, mystery solved after one and a quarter episodes...the missing chapters are due to me".
One on one interaction between Hanekawa and Senjougahara is always appreciated, and this one was full of that, so it's a win in my book
Araragi's head would explode if he knew what went on in that shower

Hopefully the directorial mishaps in this one are just a fluke. Still my favorite show of the season thus far, along with Uchoten Kazoku.

Oh and other than having a boring translation style and misspelling Senjougahara, the Daisuki simulcast is pretty good.

Day Break Illusion - 2

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

bjlbRwx.jpg
ZJyANpf.png

This does not sound familiar at all.

All right, so instead of waiting until the third episode like that other show
they decide to throw the whole tragic aspect of this show in the second. So she had to kill her own sibling twice. Ouch.
I'm not really liking any of the characters yet aside from the purple haired ice girl and our main protagonist. But I am liking the scenario so far. As well as the action scenes.

Here's hoping the show doesn't actually pull a Madoka and
have the girls end up becoming these Daemonia things in the end.
Because that would be the most predictable and stupid thing this show could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom