• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

But worse than mass murder? I dunno, I mean, I feel like killing FOUR THOUSAND PEOPLE is kind of a bigger deal than raping one girl.

If it's anything like the one I've already seen then I'm sure I'll enjoy it ;)

Depends: Did you think Saji Crossroads and Louise Hallevy were a good couple and not having a fork shoved into your sphincter repeatedly? Did you think that Setsuna and Marina was an emotionally meaningful experience?

And you aren't? Your claims are more legitimate than mine how?
Let's see then
They flat out turn around and go back to town at one point. If that doesn't also qualify as a detour to you, then I see no sense discussing this with you.
They have nowhere else to go. where should they have gone ? Fly across the barrier no one can pass across ?
Attempt the dongeon that can't be cleared solo ? ( or that can't be cleared at all )

Yes, I am, because that happened.
Still not seeing any evidence that it happenned ( in the anime ) and i know for a fact that this didn't happen in the books.

And a hearty fuck you right back at you. Where do you get off ripping on me for what I say about a cartoon show?
I disagree with you . i say it .. as far as i'm aware i'm not using any "fuck" words ..please calm down.
Not included an incest subplot and treated it like a good thing.
The "incest subplot" as you said it , never took off because it was nonsense from the start and one sided... You're ignoring all the clues that have been provided and sticked to "incest"... there never was incest.
The second act of Sword Art Online is a hilarious mess. Kirito has to suddenly go back into the game, is suddenly just fine with killing people, praises a murderer and at the very best does a poor job of saying in no uncertain terms to Suguha that he was not interested in seeing her as anything other than his sister.
Before entering in ALo , he is aware that killing in it does nothing irl. the total opposite that Sao, he is the only person using a nervegear to play ALo anyway... Heck it's even explain from the start that the player killed , stay alive as "torches". He is fine to kill player because it does nothing.
There are subplots all over the place that have no real importance and suffer from rushed conclusions. The race wars is a prime example. All that time about the set up and alliances, only for it to conclude almost immediately at the most convenient moment for Kirito.
You said it hold no importance , but then after you say that it's too convenient. what is it ?
Wasn't that part necessary in the end ? The race wars was necessary for kirito journey.
Or are you gonna dismiss that because ...just because ?
Suguha's character is an annoying, overbearing, awful one that interferes with and distracts from the Kirito and Asuna relationship, and over all point of the quest. She is constantly dragging him away from what he should be focusing on.
I don't like suguha character either, i don't care about her
The show delves into the most bizarre of fetishes in the last two episodes for reasons beyond me. The rape slugs in particular, when the abusive Sugou already existed in human form. While drinking tears was humorous, it, like the beat down that followed, was over the top to the point of caricature.
Ok that part wasn't eveyrone cup of tea... but that has nothing to do with the point i was making.
And yes, much as it must surely pain the die hard defenders of Sword Art Online, incest is a very off putting subject for just about every sane human being on the planet. When that incest is then, rather than being handled in a mature way, is treated as a good thing and pandered to on several occasions, the problem is compounded. Do you know what Oedipus Rex did when he found out he was in an incestuous relationship? He gouged out his eyes and abandoned his throne. And that was after years of what one assumes was a loving and cheerful marriage. And this was written a long, long time ago. It has always grossed people out and it likely will for a very, very long time.
Incest is so off putting you covered your eyes in fear of it and failed to realise that there was nothing of the sort, actually in the plot...you can't make incest with only one character, you need at least 2, and when the main character isn't even looking as busy as he was ... there is no incest in ALO , except the doujins you might find on the net.
Please, PLEASE stop acting like it is a surprise, then, when that is the chief complaint against a character and a show.
It's not a surprise , i'm just tired of the failed argument that hold no truth..maybe one day after saying that the sky is green x times , it'll actually come true.

If you actually pay attention to the details you'll see that your assumptions are misdirected... just so you know i'm not talking out of my ass , i was familliar with the source material even before the anime aired.

CorvoSol

I disagree with you . i say it .. as far as i'm aware i'm not using any "fuck" words ..please calm down.

No. Cnet disagrees with me, and he isn't saying stupid shit like "The sad thing here, is that even knowing the above you're serious in the incest deduction part." Fuck that nonsensical, passive aggressive kind of dismissal of what I'm saying. Don't treat someone like they're stupid or beneath you because they see things differently from you. That's bullshit, and you can take your "calm" and go for a walk if being calm involves that kind of shit.

You can disagree with me all you want. But the moment you start taking digs at ME 'cuz of my opinion, fuck you. I'm not going to be calm and civil with you while you're taking passive aggressive digs at me.

I feel like I have to watch it. My history with these sort of shows leads me to believe that I'll actually like it. Plus, I got through Seed Destiny and Purpletown without keeling over so there's that.

00 is my favorite Gundam series. Season 2 included.

Highfive man!

But seriously AGE will ruin Gundam for you. Nearly did for me if not for Gundam Unicorn and my loyalty to the franchise.

If anything skip some of Season 1, watch Season 2 of AGE and skip Season 3 completely for the most part.

Syrinx

I feel like I should watch Sword Art Online just so that I can form my own opinion of it, but I really don't have the where-with--all to. Too much other stuff.

Depends: Did you think Saji Crossroads and Louise Hallevy were a good couple and not having a fork shoved into your sphincter repeatedly? Did you think that Setsuna and Marina was an emotionally meaningful experience?
I enjoyed the journey the first couple's relationship took over the course of the narrative. I was pretty indifferent to the second couple though, but I'm sure I'd find something meaningful to takeaway if I took the time to think about it. It's worth noting that I never saw the film. I liked the way things were wrapped up at the end of the second seasons so I convinced myself that it ended on that note.

No. Cnet disagrees with me, and he isn't saying stupid shit like "the sad thing is you insist on this or that or whatever".

You can disagree with me all you want. But the moment you start taking digs at ME 'cuz of my opinion, fuck you. I'm not going to be calm and civil with you while you're taking passive aggressive digs at me.

Again i never when toward the insult ... that's entirely your fault if you're overreacting.

If you honestly thought my sentence was out of line , you could have just say it and then i would have retracted that statement but you went toward the insult, going that route is your decision and yours alone.

Have fun by yourself then.

CorvoSol

I enjoyed the journey the first couple's relationship took over the course of the narrative. I was pretty indifferent to the second couple though, but I'm sure I'd find something meaningful to takeaway if I took the time to think about it. It's worth noting that I never saw the film. I liked the way things were wrapped up at the end of the second seasons so I convinced myself that it ended on that note.

I can't get past the fact that Louise magically regrew a hand she wasn't supposed to be able to grow back and also that she magically developed piloting skills without having ever touched a mobile suit.

That said, can I interest you in Sword Art Online? It's a great show about the wonderful love shared by a brother and sister.

Again i never when toward the insult ... that's entirely your fault if you're overreacting.

If you honestly thought my sentence was out of line , you could have just say it and then i would have retracted that statement but you went toward the insult, going that route is your decision and yours alone.

Have fun by yourself then.

Or you could've not acted like a smug cunt.

But yeah, be seeing you never.

Except for the manga version, there was never an indication that Setsuna had feelings for Marina. Both denied any feelings for the most part. Some hints from Marina at most.
They get married after the movie for the ones wondering about the manga.
Now if we were talking Gundams that would be a different story for Setsuna CorvoSol. ;P

CorvoSol

Except for the manga version, there was never an indication that Setsuna had feelings for Marina. Both denied any feelings for the most part. Some hints from Marina at most.
They get married after the movie for the ones wondering about the manga.
Now if we were talking Gundams that would be a different story for Setsuna CorvoSol. ;P

I just want to punch Setsuna in the face. I feel like if I did that, and if there had never been a 2nd Lockon, my opinion of that show would be improved.

Pooya

speaking of SAO...

it was exactly one year ago that second episode aired, Kirito-kun meeting Asuna flash-sama for the first time. Them feels. happy anniversary.

In other news, next week is Sachi-chan's anniversary too for the two that still care.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
speaking of SAO...

it was exactly one year ago that second episode aired, Kirito-kun meeting Asuna flash-sama for the first time. Them feels. happy anniversary.

In other news, next week is Sachi-chan's anniversary too for the two that still care.

It's been a year already? Holy shit.

That said, can I interest you in Sword Art Online? It's a great show about the wonderful love shared by a brother and sister.
I did a bad job trying to hint at it with my earlier post at the top of this page, but I've already seen Sword Art and I enjoyed it too.

Are you still there, Corvo?

Hattori

Banned
Monogatari 2nd Season Impression:

That was a very :sdburton first two episodes, and that one scene was very steamy indeed x) I don't remember Hitagi being that playful and candid, but I'm really digging it. It's pretty much the same old monogatari I know, complete with delish fanservice, lots and lots of talking, and head tilting.

some NSFW service

That said, can I interest you in Sword Art Online? It's a great show about the wonderful love shared by a brother and sister..

Thats like 14 episodes in even and kind of a reveal of sorts...

Anyway, I thought people liked the concept of Sword Art Online, its game dynamics, premise and what not for the first 13 episodes. Those interested ought to at least have the full story of the anime and be willing to at least give it a try potentially.

CorvoSol

I did a bad job trying to hint at it with my earlier post at the top of this page, but I've already seen Sword Art and I enjoyed it too.

Are you still there, Corvo?

I kinda got that, but I was like "Well I mean, I don't actually have anything else to name as a bad romance anime. Stardust Memory, I guess?"

The first 14 episodes were okay, and Asuna was a good character, but I dunno. My dislike of Kirito prevents me from saying that they were a good couple. Asuna was a good girlfriend, but Kirito was sort of a schlub.

Asuna should've hooked up with Klein. Yeah he's like, five years her senior, but I mean, he deserved more screen time.

But worse than mass murder? I dunno, I mean, I feel like killing FOUR THOUSAND PEOPLE is kind of a bigger deal than raping one girl.

Society treats it pretty badly, especially in fiction for some reason. Imo, it's not as bad as killing in general, but that's not the kind of discussion this thread needs when it already shows little signs of sanity.

Sounds like a plan. I love Cardcaptor Sakura!

ibj4GIpCbZdcuw.jpg

Or you could've not acted like a smug cunt.

But yeah, be seeing you never.
i never did ?

i'm trying my best to stay civilised ... i know that overreacting got quite popular recently , but could you refrain from such names toward me?

Again , i'm not asking for you to agree with me , i was discussing plot points for an anime ... i don't think i'm aking for much to not be called by names.

Your trying to act like a victim but i'm the one receiving insults.

CorvoSol

Society treats it pretty badly, especially in fiction for some reason. Imo, it's not as bad as killing in general, but that's not the kind of discussion this thread needs when it already shows little signs of sanity.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't evil, though. Sugou was an evil guy and his villainy was basically what got me through those episodes, but I just don't know that it is AS bad as killing several thousands of people.

Asuna should've hooked up with Klein. Yeah he's like, five years her senior, but I mean, he deserved more screen time.
Kirito didn't do much for me except be entertaining with just how far he took his Gary Stu-ness. But Asuna was awesome and Klein was a total G.

Edit: Wait what?

Syrinx

I'm just gonna hope they're short bans so they can cool down a bit.

Man, SAO...it is tempting to at least see what all the fuss is about.

survivor

Banned
Tamayura ~hitotose~ 1
iek1alXtbeSEJ.png

Wait, so she is already aggressive from the first episode of the first season? How more aggressive can she get in the second season?

Gotta marathon this fast so I can start watching the second season while it's still airing. I'm trying real hard to remember what happened in the OVA, but all what I can remember is they went to some mountain to take a picture and then there were a lot of tears. I'm not even sure when it fits in the timeline.

dat insert song at the end

#TeamSSOmega
Sounds like a team I'd like to be a part of but I haven't gotten into Omega yet because it's ongoing. Being the
self-proclaimed
President of the Marathoners Society, I either have to wait for it to be finished or have an episode guide which lays out specific arcs so I know where good stopping points are. Nothing bothers me more than running out of episodes in the middle of an arc.

goddamnit

"Firehawk is the Roger Ebert of anime."
-Warren Spector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom