• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

You forgot:
ibfVFCsnGT2hmB.gif

Buahaha

Lurky

Fate/Kaleid: episodes 1-3

Jeez this show is just pure fanservice shit...
I can't wait to stare at more Illya ass.

Ro Kyu Bu SS: episodes 1-3

I probably should have watched the first season before getting into this. I hope that there's less basketball and more loli as the show progesses. They're all way too cute! Especially the twins and Saki.

Dynedom

Uchouten Kazoku - 03

Man, this show is legit.

We get some more lore and some character/relationship backstory. Definitely another character driven story but done really well with the fantasy element. They blend together so seamlessly. I really enjoy Yasaburo's relationships with the various characters in the series. I do hope we get some insight into his other brothers (we've got some with Frog-kun at the start of the show, which I thought was great).

Benten is seriously the hottest character this season. Just the right amount of intrigue, allure and overall danger. That final scene was amazing as well. She really is one of the main reasons I'm sticking with this show.

Articalys

Remember the third shoujo manga anime adaptation from the Fall 2012 season besides Kamisama Kiss and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Say "I Love You" (Sukitte Ii na yo)? The one that bombed sales-wise so hard we never saw any numbers for it, at all?

Well, it's getting a second adaptation chance with a live-action film next year. Power of :kurita at work, or something.

survivor

Banned
Remember the third shoujo manga anime adaptation from the Fall 2012 season besides Kamisama Kiss and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Say "I Love You" (Sukitte Ii na yo)? The one that bombed sales-wise so hard we never saw any numbers for it, at all?

Well, it's getting a second adaptation chance with a live-action film next year. Power of :kurita at work, or something.
Why must the worst shoujo of the three get another adaptation? I want a sequel to Kamisama Kiss damn it.

/XX/

Halves are ok, but decimals or any other form of high granularity is a crime against nature. Rating something a 87 instead of an 88 has no real meaning.
For math, sure, but ratings are a measured quantity and show ratings only have one significant digit. Any higher degree of precision is bogus and inappropriate.
cifras
This is in addition to the issues of such numbers being used as a form of communication as I touched on before.
And what is the real meaning of measuring something unempirically? Any kind of numerical rating seems bogus to me from the get go (I'd go as far as saying that EVERY kind of ranking is) so, why bother with this matter? There's no scale that reflects what I feel or the punctual state of mind in which I was when I saw any given work. How can I faithfully count, order and put a grading to each of the sentiments a piece of entertainment brought to me at a very specific moment of my life? Anyway, the importance given only to figures on a scale can also become the lazy way for those not wanting to see the complete worthy impressions behind those numbers.

This show is so gif'able.
What studio did this again?
DOGA KOBO, INC.

Seriously the idea of a E7 doujin is almost as sacrilegious as a LWA doujin.

both of these exist.
Whaaaaat?
Nononono :(
Well the good news is that the LWA one is futa.
And C84 is around the corner, guys... which makes me think if the end of their Kickstarter practically coinciding with that event hasn't thrown off balance the budget of many people. Maybe it wasn't opportunely timed.

My mom watched RANMA 1/2 with me.
Same here! As well as Saint Seiya or Dash Kappei (Chicho Terremoto around these parts). The most surprising thing nowadays could be, and I may have mentioned this before, that Kimagure Orange Road (here it was named Johnny y sus amigos) had such a following at the time on this country it even reached a 20% of TV audience share for the Sunday's afternoon in Spain. Of course all the families watched it together, mine included!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
And what is the real meaning of measuring something unempirically? Any kind of numerical rating seems bogus to me from the get go (I'd go as far as saying that EVERY kind of ranking is), there's no scale that reflects what I feel or the punctual state of mind in which I was when I saw any given work. How can I faithfully count, order and put a grading to each of the sentiments a piece of entertainment brought to me at a very specific moment of my life? Anyway, the importance given only to figures on a scale can also become the lazy way for those not wanting to see the complete worthy impressions behind those numbers.
All very true, but I'm only pushing back against where it truly gets silly.

Site update for the Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ TV anime reboot, with a new key visual and character profiles:

http://yozakura-anime.jp/index.html
http://yozakura-anime.jp/chara.html

Also confirms the October 2013 start date that leaked before.

Those character designs look like butt, the bad kind! Hopefully it'll be better than the first TV series though.

Darker than Black Season 2
After years of people telling me how bad this was, for some reason today I felt like seeing it for myself. And yeah, it's not just terrible, it's the sort of thing I wish I could forget seeing because I'm afraid it will taint my memories of the first season. Why? Someone send me a dmail 10 hours ago telling me not to watch this.

We are both not very wise people for watching this. At least there's Suou.

Theonik

Eureka Seven Thirty-Seven
ibnE8lZpjpuIPS.png
i0vx7k50M4HXc.png
iou5ePESfBwXa.png

Anemone charming a crowd of :wonzos.
And so Dewey makes his move.
Man that priest really is a slob. It's how I envision Holland in a few decades.
Can't wait for Renton to realise Eureka is about 1000 years older than him at least.

Wait that's what :wonzo means ?

Dammit i should have said that there was a lot of :wonzo in the last dokidoki episode aside from the stock footage.

/XX/

All very true, but I'm only pushing back against where it truly gets silly.
Well, I can understand that compromise after all. Somehow I had the sudden urge to say all that, so sorry if it sounded too one-sided. It is only one of many opinions after all!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 4

Enticing people to buy products for a handshake? IDOL CULTURE

Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi 5

zdSt7fU.jpg

Ok, seriously now. We've had an Igarashi, a Junichi, and now "Jun Satou"?

Well, I can understand that compromise after all. Somehow I had the sudden urge to say all that, so sorry if it sounded too one-sided. It is only one of many opinions after all!
Haha, don't worry about it.

School Days - 12 END

So Katsura hooked up with Makoto once again. Lord knows how long that's gonna last before his next waifu knocks on his door. Sekai is royally pissed off, as I'd expect.

Damn, you two. You guys are just rubbing salt in her wounds now.

Oh, Sekai came back.

WHAT IN THE NAME OF EVERLASTING CHICKEN MCFUCKNUGGETS DID I JUST WATCH?!?

BluWacky

Why must the worst shoujo of the three get another adaptation? I want a sequel to Kamisama Kiss damn it.

Well, of the three of them Kamisama Kiss is the least likely to get a live action adaptation, what with all the supernatural elements and all.

Someone with their fingers on the sales figures can probably say for certain but I think it sold the best out of all of them.

now that's more like it

i'll say it since i've seen all of your kingdoms iimpressions, but you're not actively seeking such animes ? You're just finding them by luck ?
Right ?

----------------

High school Dxd New - 03

Issei goal may be short sighted , but it's a clear goal i can relate too , especially after becoming a devil !

Lol @ Xenovia looking down on Kiba , if you know the books you know
that this is the only time this happen because xenovia was a strenght baka swordwoman, this is somehow weird to see now that she is only starting to mix up sword styles

Regardless that was a cool episode. It reminded me also how irina barely changed, even after learning "the truth"

But the moment us fan were waiting for ...

The first lines of VALI !!!!
I think the introductions are done , now ..next weeks should be packed with cool things to see
*grin*

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I can't wait forever for Danganropa if I don't even have a date :(

I'll probably buy the game on Vita anyways and not play it, so if your only worry is helping Vita sales, don't worry about that. I'm more interested if HD graphics, english VA, touch screen, convenience of it being on a recent system, and any extras would make it worth it to wait.

Theonik

Eureka Seven 38
iPkjRKL2owlJw.png
ihT3WUEveq6NF.png
iY6pxMIY9KNcM.png

Look at all those misunderstandings.
So they finally decide to do something about Dewey's Coup, a bit late though.
Almost at the final arc now.

Quality ? oh QUALITY !!

This QUALITY ?

The "Hey! we don't have budget for animating since we spend it all on Cure ACE stock footage !"

I understand and i'll keep it in mind.
Best part is by far the tea cart. They can't even draw the wheels right.

Mushibugyo - 16

And an excellent arc continues ..

Oh i'm hyped by the things that are coming

But first :

Mushibugyo%20-%2016_01.jpg

It's dangerous outside , take this !

Ahem sorry bad joke.

This episode was trully packed with some great promise as the princess group is going forward in a situation that will lead them in more danger , all while the dangerous men are luriking ...i should hope a huge amount of fights for this arc, right ?
Even more devious is the preview that will lead the party in a more complicated situation , as it's obvious now that
the ship they are building
is a clear treat that must be taken care of ( yet another objective to fullfill ).

Oh i'm hyped i don't know how the writter will manage to make it work , but he has to.

Next week can't come soon enough.

Mushibugyo%20-%2016_02.jpg

Without a doubt the best girl.

Trully the character i'm rooting for..so cute :)
I'm almost at the point where i would buy a fig.

Kazzy

[Free!] - 03

There is a difference between having your protagonist act a certain way, and having them feel downright contemptible. It's a fine line to straddle, and some can execute on it (Evangelion gets that with the majority of its cast), where you will often have an aversion to their behavior, yet you appreciate that they are good characters.

Haru firmly sits at the opposite side of this equation, and only serves to drag down everything he is involved in. His sullenness isn't really a foil for the other characters, and raises that familiar quandary of thinking "if this was real, no one would be friends with him." Simply put, he acts like an asshole, with no real justification for doing so. Even as a character within the medium, it's bordering on the ridiculous. Bizarre.

It's really at odds with the rest of the presentation, and is a clear burden to the rest of the show. It's supposed to a breezy anime about swimming, I don't need brooding.

Summary:
You can't spell "fun" without boring!

Quality ? oh QUALITY !!

This QUALITY ?

The "Hey! we don't have budget for animating since we spend it all on Cure ACE stock footage !"

I understand and i'll keep it in mind.

its not like the show was lacking :wonzo before ACE :)

probably planned ahead. Season's budget piechart probably has 1/3 of it go to ACE's henshin.

fertygo

Uchouten Kazoku - 01

This kinda boring, but the ending bit are awesome.
Ended up in stew
bwahahaha.
Ms. secretary seem amazing character just by that.. Time to check eps 2.

probably planned ahead. Season's budget piechart probably has 1/3 of it go to ACE's henshin.

yeah but before ACe came , they spend their budget animating that 4 cure finisher !!

it's a vicious circle , by the time they could have recovered from this , they'll have another stock footage to animate !!

yeah but before ACe came , they spend their budget animating that 4 cure finisher !!

it's a vicious circle , by the time they could have recovered from this , they'll have another stock footage to animate !!

Well in 10 eps or so, we can expect the 4 minute long final form transformation + finisher.

Last quarter of precure episodes tend to have mostly weak fights because of that...

cnet128

Banned

So what you're saying is, stock footage is the cancer that is killing Precure.

I can think of only one solution to this. Kidnap Ikuhara and make him direct a Precure series so he can show everybody how it's done.

I've had hours to think about this statement and yet it still perplexes me.

It perplexes me how this statement is capable of perplexing you. It seems quite straightforward and natural to me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Sunshine's transformation and attack in Heartcatch had the budget of two full episodes allotted to them, and Ace's were at least that sumptuously-animated, so it's no surprise that corner-cutting had to come somewhere, especially considering that Doki's production values are lower to begin with.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It perplexes me how this statement is capable of perplexing you. It seems quite straightforward and natural to me.
I find it odd that you would rather have fat slobbering greasy men than lovely looking ladies when it comes to the role of the penis in a doujin.

Tenumi

Banned
School Days - 12 END

So Katsura hooked up with Makoto once again. Lord knows how long that's gonna last before his next waifu knocks on his door. Sekai is royally pissed off, as I'd expect.

Damn, you two. You guys are just rubbing salt in her wounds now.

Oh, Sekai came back.

WHAT IN THE NAME OF EVERLASTING CHICKEN MCFUCKNUGGETS DID I JUST WATCH?!?

Congratulations!

Theonik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom