• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusby

I love how people complain about Shirou being a terrible character as though they are being willfully ignorant of what the story saying in relation to Archer.

Along with because of DEEN they have this idea of Shirou being some Touma-clone harem MC when that's just not the case.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm sure if I had my monocles or whatever on, there would be a ton of problems I might have with FSN but at the end of the day, it's fun. It's not high literature or even high pulp literature but it's an engrossing story in an engrossing universe. Shirou has plenty of GAR moments and the story is dynamic for a large extent. Add onto ufotable's godlike animation and direction and I expect the new season to be super good even if the writing isn't the classiest.

Future Diary 24

JFcC3Yw.jpg

No wonder Yuno is messed up.

And now Yukki have to save Yuno from uh... herself :p

Once a show becomes a chore to watch drop it. I did that with Majin bone. And one week friends. And white album 2. And many others. Brynhildr would've been a chore to watch but then glorious second op happened and saved anime. Also the awesome writing.

One Week Friends was a chore to watch? I thought it was great until maybe the last episode which I thought ended kind of bluntly.

Edit- I'm also confused about Persona 4 Golden. As someone whose only experience with P4 is the Giant Bomb ER, is it worth watching the original P4 Animation first? I think its way more convenient with Golden being on CR, but I'll hold off if its worth watching the original instead.

Along with because of DEEN they have this idea of Shirou being some Touma-clone harem MC when that's just not the case.
I just like to pretend the DEEN anime doesn't exist because it does such a disservice to those who want to understand FSN's story and characters more. You honestly have to just go through the VN and the multiple routes, good and bad, to fully understand it all.

Whereas F/Z was just a LN so everything is very straightforward and or course the story and characters are going to make much more sense.

One Week Friends was a chore to watch? I thought it was great until maybe the last episode which I thought ended kind of bluntly.

Edit- I'm also confused about Persona 4 Golden. As someone whose only experience with P4 is the Giant Bomb ER, is it worth watching the original P4 Animation first? I think its way more convenient with Golden being on CR, but I'll hold off if its worth watching the original instead.

I guess just wait for impressions of the first episode? no one really knows how theyll do the whole game in 12 or so episodes, or etc.

My understanding was that the persona 4 anime was largely for those who had played the game as they skip information and development and expect you to already know it.

Also no waifu courting. What's even the point of the anime without this.

Pooya

Arg- arge vollen - 2
1405011092-capture2.jpg

Still continues to be visually quite boring, not that everything else seems better. It could use some of that 'exposition dialog', I've no idea what they're doing or where they're going.

OP/ED are not worth mentioning, zero effort. lol

Encounter in the end was also underwhelming and way too short. I'm not sure what I'm thinking not dropping this...

1405011091-capture.jpg

(ok BAARF)...yet.

TUSR

Banned
My understanding was that the persona 4 anime was largely for those who had played the game as they skip information and development and expect you to already know it.

so its persona minus persona?

alright.

Yeah, the games are infinitely better.

The Persona 3 movie(s) is much better than P4A, simply because of it giving the main character a new perspective. It also has the courting of the best waifu.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As a rule, anime adaptations of video games are usually poorly conceived cash-ins.

duckroll

Persona 3 Trinity Soul - Bad anime, boring, doesn't have anything I like about Persona in it

Persona 4 The Animation - Terrible anime, pretty much unwatchable, shit direction, bad animation

Persona 3 Movie 1 - Decent production values, incredibly boring

Persona 4 The Golden - Why are they doing this again?

Conclusion: Persona does not make good anime.

jman2050

I love how people complain about Shirou being a terrible character as though they are being willfully ignorant of what the story saying in relation to Archer. I am going to enjoy the hell out of this and sing its praises.

Being a terrible character on purpose does not make him any less of a terrible character.

If anything it's worse because you gotta go through 20 hours of reading for any payoff on his terrible character.

(I did kinda enjoy FSN as silly power-fantasy magical nonsense but you gotta call a spade a spade)

Argevollen 02

Another trash episode. I can smell the beginning of harem antics. I mean they've already set Jaime up to fall in love with the MC for absolutely no reason already, but in order to keep that going some of the other girls on the squad will also be all over him soon too. And its funny how I found the enemy red mecha designs much more appealing than the god mecha's design. There's just a whole lot that isn't making sense in this show right now.

Misuta

Free! Eternal Summer E1

The new opening sounds less edgy than Rage On! but it has still the amazing animation like in season 1. The ED theme is not as catchy as Splash Free! but you can’t top it anyway because it is perfect. Though I liked the theme where the boys were shown in their occupations (Haru -> chef, Makoto -> fireman, Rin -> policeman, Rei -> scientist, Nagisa -> astronaut) and holy shit, Rin’s dance moves are hot. How is this even possible?

The episode has got some parallels with the first episode from S1 that brings back the nostalgia. I cringed at the scene where they presented their club to the student body because their arm waggling looked so ridiculous. It was too embarrassing to watch.

Let’s see how Sousuke will be in the future episodes. In the beginning he looked like the protagonist of Watch Dogs. XD

Overall a nice episode with a genki Rin who interacts more with the Iwatobis.

Free! Eternal Summer E2

The love triangle between Haru, Rin and Sousuke begins. The music that was used in the scene with the medley relay sounds awesome.

Makoto's younger siblings are cute and I loved how they greeted Haru and Rei. And the piggy back moment. hnnng

What's Nozaki-kun?
I'm on mobile so I'm sure somebody will do more justice in linking you properly. But it's a slice of life comedy about our titular character. A stoic and serious tall high school student who does romance manga and the girl who has a crush on him. The manga is hilarious and all of the characters are well written. It doesn't even focus on romance too much at all outside of gags dealing with romance Shojo writing. Also its OP is one of the best ones this season. 2good4woof.

Who does he go for in the movies? I might watch the p3 movies due to that.

Yukari

Persona 3 Trinity Soul - Bad anime, boring, doesn't have anything I like about Persona in it

Persona 4 The Animation - Terrible anime, pretty much unwatchable, shit direction, bad animation

Persona 3 Movie 1 - Decent production values, incredibly boring

Persona 4 The Golden - Why are they doing this again?

Conclusion: Persona does not make good anime.

True, but it sells doesn't it?

Defuser

Tokyo Ghoul ep 2
censor1l9bvl.jpg

censor2nyyqg.jpg

Censoring at it's fucking finest.
What the hell happen to this episode?! There's no tension or atmosphere,feels too lifeless,animation production went to shit. And that inverted colours during the goring is terrible.

Did the last part of the episode just went Bleach's Shinigami cup golden?! PIERRRRRRROTTTT!!!!

What a total opposite from the first episode. Only thing good is the OP.
Space Dandy S2 is going to save this season.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHA

_hekk05

Banned

I remember thinking he was a shit MC, then
archer summoned those swords and suddenly everything made sense, the reason why tousaka summoned archer

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Adventure: 02 (Not to be confused with Digimon Adventure 02)

So this episode establishes that the Digimon have several stages that they can evolve to, although they cannot stay in them indefinitely, at least right now.

Blusby

Tokyo Ghoul 02: A bit better than the first episode, they skimmed around but they at least this time decided to include some of Kaneki's key monologues, there's also another unintentionally hilarious scene that you all will enjoy. Also the censoring is absolutely terrible.

Kansoku

Sengoku Basara Judge End - 1

Awful OP aside, this was AMAZING. The fight between Date+Koujiroo and Ishida, was great. And looking at screens I thought the character designs would bother me, but in motion everything was great.

Spice and Wolf + Spice and Wolf II

This was actually pretty great. Even tough I know jackshit about market and stuff (and boy, I was lost with some of the stuff the talked about), it managed to grab me. Mainly because of the characters, which are all pretty interesting and Horo specially. She is the cutest thing ever, and I loved her schemes and the conversations she had with Lawrence. I confess I have no idea what the conclusion in II was but oh well, the journey has been great enough , so I don't care as much. (But I wouldn't mind someone explaining it to me >.>).
Anyway,
O seven apples on a witches tree, with seven seeds to plant inside of me.
In spring time I grew a magic song, and skipping along, oh I sang the song to everyone.
I looked at the world trough apple eyes, and cut myself a slice of sunshine pie.
Until time would teach me, to say hello and wave goodbye.
A thousand sugar stars. (A thousand sugar stars) Oh put them in a jar.
And whistle around the world. And whistle around the world.
I'm a little wolf inside a girl, you say, off I'll go from June to May,
Oh whistle around the world. And whistle around the world.
Yeah whistle around the world. And whistle around the world.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I thoroughly enjoyed Persona 3 The Movie: No. 1, Spring of Birth actually :)

Sadly, I'm dropping Argevollen - it's unbearable

Looks like Free!, Sailor Moon Crystal, Sword Art Online 2, Glasslip, Akame ga Kill! and Aldnoah Zero are my shows for the summer! Could not be happier!

I also recently finished Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - great anime with rich production values, worth a shot!

The first two seasons of Sengoku Basara were great, Neptunia was fun and I actually liked the Valkyria Chronicles anime.

I do too till I played the game. The game is so so so much better. No stupid love triangle for one.

I thoroughly enjoyed Persona 3 The Movie: No. 1, Spring of Birth actually :)

Sadly, I'm dropping Argevollen - it's unbearable

Looks like Free!, Sailor Moon Crystal, Sword Art Online 2, Glasslip, Akame ga Kill! and Aldnoah Zero are my shows for the summer! Could not be happier!

I also recently finished Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - great anime with rich production values, worth a shot!

Tried Barakamon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom