• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryugajou Nanan no maizoukin - 10

Excellent episode.
Ryuugajou%20Nanana%20no%20Maizoukin%20-%2010_01.jpg

Seriously ? you were supposed to hate him 2 episodes ago ! Can you start to kick his ass already ?
I get what they were going for ... give us a VERY unlikeable vilain , so that we could all enjoy when he will fail and be beaten up by the power of teamwork.
It works and it was actually very satisfying

The treasure room traps were much more deadlier than usual and the chest even has a lock! I can't wait to see how broken/cheated the item inside it is, especially given how the episode ended ( damn cliffanger )

There is no doubt in my mind given the hints and the forshadowing
that yun died in that room
The question is : what the hell happenned ? They better explain this in the next episode.

Ryuugajou%20Nanana%20no%20Maizoukin%20-%2010_02.jpg

TAKE THISSSSS!!!!

Yep that episode was good. i especially enjoyed the music during the fight.
Hey , four eyes ? couldn't you have more willpower ? you should have kept your trick untill the end! Now i have a cliffanger to see !

Sort of see the girl in Terror as being a
catalyst for giving a more human and relatable perspective to the larger-than-life nature of the two main protagonists.. she is reflects the nature of the viewer more than anything else

Reflects my nature as the viewer?
FUCK THAT, I would've tied those bitches to cement blocks and shoved 'em into the pool at the start. BAHAHAHA.

phaze

Fate/Zero Season 2 Episode 2

Saber cements her how badass she is the second she gets her left arm back. I feel bad for Kariya
gets burnt like hell from Tokiomi's Fire Magic and ends up falling all the way below, only for Kirei to show up and do what seems like torturing him. Unless he's actually healing him and trying to form an alliance.
Must keep watching..

Real F/Z starts now !

Tokyo Ghoul 02

Something felt of with this episode but I can't quite tell why. Writing perhaps, I don't think I can take moral dilemmas of our main protagonist seriously.

Are they going to censor every scene with a little blood in it ? Those inverted colors were hideous and I've no clue what the hell happened at the beginning. Will continue to watch but this was a disappointment compared to premiere.

Terror in Resonance 1

This didn't do much too me and I agree a lot of scenes felt contrived to the max. What self respecting terrorist would save an bystander at the risk of blowing up the whole operation ?
Aizen's character design is better than I earlier thought but his friend is still hideous.

Aldnoah better deliver.

Midonin

Why won't Crunchy do Himegoto.
Darn it.
They're not doing it yet. Sometimes you have cases like Love Lab or GJ Club where the show isn't picked up until well into its run. They're trying to get as much as they can.

Locodol 02

So that's not a confirmation that Yukari is interested in Nyanako that way, but she might still be interested in her in that way. All the small local radio shows and such are giving off similar vibes to WUG, but the show's not really covering the idol part yet - definitely not to the extent of Aikatsu and its song once per episode - but the relationship between Nyanako and Yukarin is lovely to watch. Thursday's full of all these easygoing shows.

She made it quite clear that she was angry because Kaneki was basically talking shit about her life as a ghoul but yeah I'm not even gonna defend how this adaption is being handled, it's pretty mediocre.

Yeh I mean she does say that a bit in but... even then, will the audience of the show at that time give a darn shit about her? Considering she knows that Kaneki is super stressed out, why is she even taking offense to him.

And even then, I just can't stand this laughable 'extreme beating'. It's just one of those shonen tropes I really can't stand anymore.

Thoraxes

Purse Owner 4 the Golden ANIMATION - 01

This feels like a
NG+
swag Yu. Complete with
stats and traits leveled up
lol.

Also thank you for Kanahana. The shitty English dub sucked so bad that I forgot what good sounded like in this series.

Caesnd

Terror in Resonance.

Watanabes normal trio concept is back in full force with this one.

I thought it was a nice contrast to Samurai Champloo, where it is the girl that drags the other two into the story.
Nine and Twelve also made me reminisce even more of Mugen and Jin, with Lisa being the odd one out for this one. It seems like she will be provide distanced perspective on havoc being wrought.

I liked the low key, slightly nonchalant aspect of the inspector. He's the most interesting character so far to me.

I'm looking forward to see how these characters will bond, and in what way they will inevitably change as a result.

Blusby

Yeh I mean she does say that a bit in but... even then, will the audience of the show at that time give a darn shit about her? Considering she knows that Kaneki is super stressed out, why is she even taking offense to him.

And even then, I just can't stand this laughable 'extreme beating'. It's just one of those shonen tropes I really can't stand anymore.

It's because according to her, he's had it real good his entire life so she doesn't wanna hear his complaints. It's like, pardon my crude analogy, a middle class 'murrican going up to an underprivileged person from a poor country and complaining about how they're so unlucky or that their life is hard.
Like I said though, this adaption has been terrible so far so I can understand why an animeonly would find much to critique.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 1:

I press the buttons on my controller but I can't seem to skip these blasted cutscenes. Indeed, another season, another bland Person adaptation. Anyway, yea, this series is suffering from the same problem as Tokyo Ghoul, the adaptation is stepping all of the subtly, grace and nuance from Persona 4 and leaving in its wake an exaggerated pile of bones.
Emphasis on exaggerated as that shadow battle with all the floating tongue balls is so over the top ridiculous it was almost lovely. Still, I preferred the whole team members confronting their inner selves and dealing with the unsavory aspects of their character.
Of course since this is The Golden we have to crowbar a 5 minute interlude with her and the block of wood that is Yu and basically begin the makings of making them the official coupling from the way things progressed.

TsuXna

lool Goku's honesty about
him being dead and coming back afterlife is hilarous.
Here begins World martial art tournaments, excited!

Purse Owner 4 the Golden ANIMATION - 01

This feels like a
NG+
swag Yu. Complete with
stats and traits leveled up
lol.

Also thank you for Kanahana. The shitty English dub sucked so bad that I forgot what good sounded like in this series.

Ahahaha, I fucking love how far they've gone out of their way to change Yu's personality for the beginning parts. And yeah, praise Kana Hanazawa.

Also, Chie and talking about beating meat.

Ryugajou Nanana no maizoukin - 11

I'll say this first ...damn it.
I kinda want a S2.It's an ongoing LN series, right ?i might just read it.

So this anime is over , it was actually pretty good overall. Good production values, a so unlikeable vilain, a good cast of characters witch outside of "darc" fit their roles well.

The real problem there is that nothing is even remotely solved after those 11 episodes ?
What happenned to Yun ? Not explained.
-Murder of nanana ? Not a clue.
-The mc familly ? Explained but it's obvious that it's over now.
At this point , we have seen only 2 of the GREAT 7 and there is a lot of factions in place ( like the district ) that need explaining

So yeah that was Good and it was a nice way to entertain ( i liked all the challenges with the traps ) and while it could have ended better but i can clearly see a certain potential

In other words :
Ryuugajou%20Nanana%20no%20Maizoukin%20-%2011.jpg

no no 1 pudding = 1 hint
7/10

Will watch a S2
Master detective was actually intresting to see and
his final bluff
was excellent

fertygo

Terror in Resonance - 01

That was great, feel like perfect opening episode.. you got straight introduced to main cast, know them well enough, not dragging the premise, and great production value.. dat opening scene and ending man.. no bullshit yo. this is what first episode of Aldnoah Zero should have been.

Although its seem the show gonna closer to Death Note's animuish type of realism scope than nitty gritty western TV/Movie, not that I'm complaining lol

Btw I think the OP is a mess visually, good song though.. but the ED are great, maybe the best of the season.

Ryugajou Nanan no maizoukin - 10

Excellent episode.

I get what they were going for ... give us a VERY unlikeable vilain , so that we could all enjoy when he will fail and be beaten up by the power of teamwork.
It works and it was actually very satisfying

The treasure room traps were much more deadlier than usual and the chest even has a lock! I can't wait to see how broken/cheated the item inside it is, especially given how the episode ended ( damn cliffanger )

There is no doubt in my mind given the hints and the forshadowing
that yun died in that room
The question is : what the hell happenned ? They better explain this in the next episode.

Yep that episode was good. i especially enjoyed the music during the fight.
Hey , four eyes ? couldn't you have more willpower ? you should have kept your trick untill the end! Now i have a cliffanger to see !

Enjoyed the episode (literally just finished it myself) right up to "oh, your lung just collapsed." Like, WTF is that?

Enjoyed the episode (literally just finished it myself) right up to "oh, your lung just collapsed." Like, WTF is that?

What exactly was the problem with that? He showed that power in an earlier episode, too, so it wasn't quite an ass pull.

Indeed, he showcased that hability before so it made sense for him to use it when cornered.
It's just a shame that the other dude had removed his glasses at the time so he couldn't tell anyone about it.

TUSR

Banned
Ryugajou Nanana no maizoukin - 11

I've been waiting for this.

-Jugo's being the heir to the Matsuri thief organization, and the plot with his dad. Gone.
-Boring villain.
-Too many characters, not enough exposition for each with a 1 cour season.
-Yun something happened to her, right guys?
-Jugo still wants to bang a ghost
-What happened to his love interest?
etc etc

survivor

Banned
Glasslip 2

Dumb love drama aside that was expected, I don't like the way the show transitions out of scenes or even general dialogues writing. Feels very awkward and unnatural. Just feels hard to be assed about any of the characters right now, maybe if
the future visions shows one of them dying instead of just dumb love triangles

Thoraxes

Another 01

A nice first day at a new school.

Dead parent, talking bird, random stills of weirdness, sick and injured classmates and a mysterious girl. Am I liking this? You'll find out soon enough.

This show let me write the best review for an episode of any show i've ever done.

Naruto Shippuden 368

Look at best Hokage Tobirama swatting down Uchiha's like a boss.

If only his brother had learned from this instead of going the Naruto x Sasuke route with Madara.

Then none of this would have happened.

Persona 4 Golden - 01

Holy fucking shit. They went crazy with the initial Persona summon. New game+ Yu indeed.
Did he just use an Almighty spell in the first episode?
LOLOLOL.

I've been waiting for this.

-Jugo's being the heir to the Matsuri thief organization, and the plot with his dad. Gone.
Not gone , on hold. i can actually accept only this amount of information since it's enough for now. We have a valid justification for the MC habilities.
-Boring villain.
I disagree.
He was unlikeable but certainly not boring. in fact he had presence made people scared , angry or made them feel powerless.. he was actually doing a great job as a vilain.
-Too many characters, not enough exposition for each with a 1 cour season.
I agree.
There are too many sub plot with so many characters that exist for only 1 scene or a couple of them. 2 cour should have been better for such material.
-Yun something happened to her, right guys?
Probably covered later. Disapointed we don't have an answer but understandable.
Mayve if we had a 12th episode they could have put something in that fit this agenda.
Why 11 eps anyway ?
-Jugo still wants to bang a ghost
According to many anime , it's not a problem.
However i don't think it's love, more friendship
-What happened to his love interest?
Witch one ? the sister-like ninja that teached him all he knows or the bookworm that is his classmate ?
Regardless , things were actually adressed with ninja girl so again it's a case for more episode.

WHAT OF THE OTHER GREAT 7 ?
Dammit ;-;

Tokyo Ghoul 02
La1oCcR.gif

The censorship remains strong within this series, but it's still enjoyable. The fact that
he's losing his shit about whether to eat his friend or not
kinda keeps me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom