• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would enjoy seeing Tonnura-san getting an anime too. Just look at that cat.
If you are good he may let you pet him.

110720.jpg

I started reading Tonnura-san last year. My brain melted. And I liked it.

DO NOT READ THIS if you're currently watching Another.
Fucking seriously though, do umbrellas (outside purposeful weapon hybrids) with tips that sharp actually exist? In any time period? I mean, I loved Another, but the entire time I saw that death unfolding I was like "No, really? Like, is that...no way...YES, YES IT REALLY IS. AHAHAHA"

With enough force, anything can pierce anything, the thinner it is, the easier it gets.

Films are harder. Maybe From up on Poppy Hill?

yeah i kinda figured its pretty hard getting decent romance anime films :T ill check out poppy hill although i have mixed impressions of miyazaki (though i generally love his animation and fluidity his stories are kinda of a mixed bag for me )

GlassLip Episode 2
BsNmbYrCIAEpv0q.png

More entertaining than episode one, but it feels as if the ability feels tacked on to the concept not really adding anything. The anime could focus on other characters as well, my favorite was really up to his own in his room for many scenes while the megane one seemed to have little to nothing important to contribute to the anime. I also dont feel as if they did anything to make us care for everyone stick together or even honouring the no dating rule.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
yeah i kinda figured its pretty hard getting decent romance anime films :T ill check out poppy hill although i have mixed impressions of miyazaki (though i generally love his animation and fluidity his stories are kinda of a mixed bag for me )
It's Goro, and it's fine. lol

---

Oh wow, they put out a game on Steam for DTL!

Someone made their own UtaPri. lol

Persona 4 Golden 1

The swag king has returned and taken back his rightful place on the throne.

Why was I not made aware that Marie was voiced by Kana?

She sounds perfect for the role and I'm already really enjoying Marie's tsundere act.

Not sure about my stance over how hard they seem to be shipping the two together just yet. Still more of a Yukiko/Rise fan myself, but I'll see how this plays out.

DO NOT READ THIS if you're currently watching Another.
Fucking seriously though, do umbrellas (outside purposeful weapon hybrids) with tips that sharp actually exist? In any time period? I mean, I loved Another, but the entire time I saw that death unfolding I was like "No, really? Like, is that...no way...YES, YES IT REALLY IS. AHAHAHA"
I have an umbrella just like that umbrella.

Persona 4 Golden 1

The swag king has returned and taken back his rightful place on the throne.

Why was I not made aware that Marie was voiced by Kana?

She sounds perfect for the role and I'm already really enjoying Marie's tsundere act.

Not sure about my stance over how hard they seem to be shipping the two together just yet. Still more of a Yukiko/Rise fan myself, but I'll see how this plays out.

Seriously, like, I fall in love every time Marie does her rapidfire halfhearted insult schtick, all because of that heavenly voice. It was definitely not so endearing playing the English dub.

I have an umbrella just like that umbrella.

Terrifying.

Firemind

Whisper of the Heart is one of my all-time favourite feel-good films, though it's not because of the romance.

Terror in Resonance -1

Anime is saved...?

I have problems with the show, but it's head and shoulders above everything else this season, So I will let it slide. Really all just nitpicking anyways.

CorvoSol

Persona 4:The Golden

Narukami begins his New Game +. I don't think anybody can debate that when Izanagi drops a fucking Maziodyne combo'd into a Megidolaonn in his first fight.

But anyway, animation is better, and the focus seems heavily on stuff specifically from Golden. At least, the episode preview makes it seem like next episode is taking place months of play time after the first, so I'm guessing this is also meant to serve more as an adaptation of mostly just Golden stuff. Anything else go back to The Animation.

Which I'm okay with. I mean, The Animation had all kinds of problems, but I, for one, accept Chie's twin sister as canon.

Majin Bone 15

I guess Luke isn't good enough to get his own power up without it being tied to a Majin unlike Shugo, pains of not being the main character

Superflat

Glasslip episode 2

Another good episode. First episode was all about establishing tone, second is about characters.

Following PA Works' most notable shows, they've cornered the market on "nostalgia/high school life + supernatural" for a while now, and this look like another one of those. That said, there's more eccentricity and quirkiness to the presentation to this show than something like Nagiasu. It's a bit weird, but it also shakes things up a bit for PA Works.

Locodol episode 2

More good local idol goodness, shedding some light onto how Japanese variety show programs operate, and some of the conditions and thought processes that go into that kind of work. Plus some good character moments too; they're both really charming protagonists.

Persona 4 Golden episode 1

Really pleased that they went with max stats NG+ "swag Yuu" for this time around, keeps things a little fresh. They also play around with the chronology more and play fast and loose with the order of events, as well as expediting. I feel like this is going to be more of a "Greatest Hits" sort of adaptation, where it's more for the fans than people coming in as first-time watchers.

Is it just me or does it feel like Argevollen's OP isn't finished? I mean half of it is just random shots of random mechs in a white space awkwardly moving

So rewatching the first episode and turns out there was a school trip to the Tokyo Metropolitan building. She either was following or happened to run into them. It's not a stretch at all.

Then later, the elevators are shut down and 9/12 are both running from floor to floor so they have to use the emergency stairs, same as her.

You are right, the whole class was in the building, it was a school trip.
Though personally I wouldn't commit a terrorist attack when there is a record that morning a class was visiting, a class where I'm in.

But of course, I also wouldn't post a youtube video that gives away my genre, stature, complexity and voice (never mind the possible digital trail), so whatever :p.

I had no idea Terror in Resonance is directed by Watanabe......why have I never heard of this.......summer has suddenly become one of the best seasons in a long time.

Blue Spring Ride 1

Getting some strong Say "I Love You" vibes from this show. Except this show has some pretty decent comedy to it. Some of it falls flat on its face and other bits are really funny. I think this may be my Engaged to the Unidentified of the season. We will see. Definitely a better first episode than most this season.

Argevollen Episode 2
BsNtlnUCAAA4aUj.png

That was pretty good for one to follow the typical main character needs to learn how to use the mecha type episode. The enemy pursuing them aspect and tight quarters with the action just gave a good feeling. Probably the anime is best during its action moments, so hopefully they focus more on that and less on the others. Also want an Argevollen too.

Midonin

Gundam Build Fighters 09-12

I really liked episode 9. China and Caroline's fight was different from everything else, in a good way. A cute knight and a chubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff, and the way it inspired Sei tied into the main storyline nicely. Plus, Chiwa Saito is amazing in nearly anything she does.

The two-part battle royale against the giant Zaku was pretty neat. The world tournament is, once again, a super common arc, but it's as much what's going on behind the scenes that makes it feel interesting as it the matches themselves. I'm glad that they didn't drag out the "Kawaguchi" thing at all - Sei and Reiji immediately knew it was him, and he confirmed it just as quickly. China/Sei and Aila/Reiji look to be the main shipping pairings the show's trying to build up here.

Even with my limited knowledge of Gundam, this is still pretty appealing. The lighthearted tone is something that I know exists in very few other Gundams, but it's exactly what drew me to this one. Glad to see Kirara sticking around, too. Hoping for more Caro in the future, as well as some of the more unorthodox fights I've heard about from the (Japanese) blogs.

Chariot

Black Butler - Book of Circus 01

I was strangely delightful to see
Sebastian just straightup murdering these mooks while preparing the dinner at the same time, a glorious scene. I am so looking forward for the end of this arc, even if my heart hurts a bit just thinking at it.
LILINESS
Blind? Yuri? Tenderness? I don't understand D:

Argevollen 2

This isn't a super original mech anime, but it at least is doing the basics well enough so far to keep me interested. There are enough pieces here that are either good enough or potentially interesting to make me want more. Don't really see the harem comments for our main character, none of the girls have really shown any kind of attention towards him outside of what you'd normally expect in a military operation when a rookie somehow ends up with a great power only he can control.

mankoto

Zankyou no Terror 1
Now I understand why this show was so hyped. I really think Nine has a weirdly drawn smile, but eh. Other than that
I wasn't expecting the whole terrorism thing. So is this going to be a cat-and-mouse thing where they post their plot on Youtube (which was pretty funny to be honest) and the cops have to attempt to stop them before it's too late? I guess I can go for a thriller right about now.

Midonin

How does Funimation get everything up besides Barakamon.
I don't even understand this.
I'm not sure why, but I know that in cases like Riddle or Haganai Next, the first two episodes were put up at a later date and a regular schedule was established afterward. Maybe it's because they announced it the same day it was supposed to go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom