• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not enjoy anything about that Ghibli trailer.

Course I'm not a huge Ghibli fan either, their movies have always been hit or miss with me.

mankoto

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 15
Pretty cheap win. At this point I'm convinced Polnareff deserves whatever comes his way.

Chariot

「山賊の娘ローニャ」 予告動画 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsYWw0AzMAs

First look at their upcoming TV series Ronia The Robber’s Daughter.
No! No! No no no no no!

Certainly nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition to appear in Mobile Suit Patlabor...
Ok, now I REALLY need to watch Patlabor.

Chihaya x Taichi
Arata x Moving Train
:(

jgminto

The CG doesn't even look good. It looks exactly the same as all the other third rate TV CG that we've seen pumped out a thousand times. I would have expected Ghibli to at least raise the bar with a CG attempt.

The CG doesn't even look good. It looks exactly the same as all the other third rate TV CG that we've seen pumped out a thousand times. I would have expected Ghibli to at least raise the bar with a CG attempt.
Looks almost exactly like Knights of Sidonia's CG.

Finalow

why.

anigif_original-grid-image-29778-1389388548-8.gif

Did you just label Legend of the Galactiv Heroes as kinda bad? And for that matter the other shows?

And I guys, I thought I said reasonable, not godlike, perfect or this should be everyones taste. Reasonable.
he probably meant the whole list is kind of bad, I'm sure he likes some of those anime. I don't know, considering the top 5 - FMA 1st and Clannad 4th - it doesn't really look very solid or reasonable to me.

NeonZ

Yessss. He's probably my favorite part about that season because they firmly define him as strongest and never back down from that. It's just rare to see an upper limit be put so firmly in place. Solved the typical power creep issue right fast.

Except in the final battle, where he doesn't display that kind of strength at all. That part of Sengoku Basara 2 always disappointed me.

/XX/

Oh, they sure raised the bar... more than a decade ago with the second Ghiblies episode, among other support work for their film projects. Unfortunately, they ended up disbanding their in-house CG department helmed by Mitsunori Kataama (that precisely works at Polygon Pictures Inc., the ones who are aiding with the animation production of this upcoming series).

Chariot

All this time and my POV just changed.
I guess i need to watch it again with this new mindset !

Yeah with all the seafaring they do and the themed teams I kind of forgot that. :p

I thought they were international schools since they are
located on international waters
I know, right. The names aren't helping much either.
Also I still don't know why schools have to be on aircraft carriers.

he probably meant the whole list is kind of bad, I'm sure he likes some of those anime. I don't know, considering the top 5 - FMA 1st and Clannad 4th - it doesn't really look very solid or reasonable to me.
Don't look so much on the rankings themselves. What would be solid and reasonable for you?

Finalow

Don't look so much on the rankings themselves. What would be solid and reasonable for you?
but the ranking is the whole point of that list. even if it isn't I wouldn't put mediocre or arguably bad stuff in a "top 20 best anime ever", that should be a start for a solid list.

Nordicus

First look at their upcoming TV series Ronia The Robber’s Daughter.
Mmmm eh, I guess I'll take a peak at that. I've only read Ronja Rövardotter once in elementary school. More familiar with Emil and Pippi Longstocking stories.

I remember the story being darker than what the trailer shows. Probably was, even Emil once had to drag their farmhand on a sled through a snowy forest to a doctor so he wouldn't die of blood poisoning

Hugstable

Banned
Fate/Zero Season 2 Episode 3

REALLLY!? Lancer is already dead and the forced Archibald into using the command seal to make Lancer commit Suicide!?! NOOOOOOOOOOO :(((

I hated Kayneth especially with how dirty he was getting in the end, but to be given an Ultimatum in which he either watched his fiancé die or killed off his own servent. And even after using the command seal to kill Lancer, he and Sola-ui are both betrayed anyway and sniped right now sight. This anime got dark realllly damn fast.

Also Sola-ui looked like a combination of Persona 3 characters lol. It was Yukari's hairstyle with Mitsuru hair color lol -____-

fertygo

Wait, you guys didn't know about this yet?

LOOOOOOOL

Honestly though, its didn't looks bad.. and they not using that limited framerate thing.

Narag

Except in the final battle, where he doesn't display that kind of strength at all. That part of Sengoku Basara 2 always disappointed me.

It's been awhile since I'd seen it but Ithinkiing back I have an impression his strength was eroding by then what with the imminent loss of Hanbei, Keiji's pleas, and the memory of his wife all taking a toll in different ways. Still the strongest but no longer unassailable.

Terror in Tokyo - 1

Decent start. Not so much a fan on the interactions with the bullied girl, I wish she was more angry and irrational and less pure hearted anime girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom