• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magimoji Rurumo Episode 1

I hope its simulcast time wont be as late as it was last night as that time is too late to be watching something slow like this. Though he is kind of pervy he is at least very well meaning and understanding of people to know when to quit and do the right thing so that makes it pretty enjoyable. Second half was better than the first just due to the nature of events and
using magic

Fun.

Never change animeGAF's hyperbole about anything CG related.
I actually don't have a problem with the CG myself, I loved Knight of Sidonia, its just I don't automatically gush at something because Studio Ghibli made it and nothing about that trailer seemed all that interesting.

Nordicus

I actually don't have a problem with the CG myself, I loved Knight of Sidonia, its just I don't automatically gush at something because Studio Ghibli made it and nothing about that trailer seemed all that interesting.
It's a story of a girl and a boy of rivaling robber clans that live in a castle that was split in two by lightning on the night of Ronja's birth. (pretty metal)

There was definitely more material than "yay Scandinavian forest" even if that's a part of it.

Hattori

Banned
The Ghibli Brand is finally over. Maybe next decade!

It’s over, period. Ghibli lost their last ace, and that’s the end of their anime hopes and dreams.

It’s not hyperbole, it’s not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Ghibli. Miyazaki and crew have nothing left, nothing they can reveal in the future would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for anyone, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest their time in a Ghibli project. Except if they want to watch The Wind Rises. Which will also be surpassed by Pixar at some point.

Ghibli took the reason away that anyone would NEED to see a Ghibli movie over a Pixar one (except HIDEAKI ANNO LOL ANIME), and the cavalcade of old titles that will be nice but won’t stir up any sales or Oscars.

There may be some hardcore fans that stick around. Some did for Gainax. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Ghibli is done.

Who says she's pure? Stop imposing your own views on others!

She definitely came off that way, but I guess we don't really know all that much about her inner thought process. I just think the shy, pretty, bullied girl is a bit played out, I'd rather see someone like the girl from Onani Master Kurosawa.

Chariot

The Ghibli Brand is finally over. Maybe next decade!

It’s over, period. Ghibli lost their last ace, and that’s the end of their anime hopes and dreams.

It’s not hyperbole, it’s not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Ghibli. Miyazaki and crew have nothing left, nothing they can reveal in the future would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for anyone, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest their time in a Ghibli project. Except if they want to watch The Wind Rises. Which will also be surpassed by Pixar at some point.

Ghibli took the reason away that anyone would NEED to see a Ghibli movie over a Pixar one (except HIDEAKI ANNO LOL ANIME), and the cavalcade of old titles that will be nice but won’t stir up any sales or Oscars.

There may be some hardcore fans that stick around. Some did for Gainax. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Ghibli is done.
Hm.
I hate the internet, this is most likely a parody of the "Ah, CGI eating our children"-comments, but I am not quite sure.

I kind of like it. By no means perfect, but charming.

Haha the game didn't look that bad, and it wasn't the graphics that was the problem with the game there lol. (Actually I didn't mind the story, I actually really enjoyed Grace >_>)

I understand that it's acceptable because it's a game. That I agree with.

But ask yourself this. Would you accept an anime entirely in that CG? Probably not. I was just making an example as to how bad the CG future can get when that Ghibli trailer honestly didn't seem that bad to me.

Chariot

I understand that it's acceptable because it's a game. That I agree with.

But ask yourself this. Would you accept an anime entirely in that CG? Probably not. I was just making an example as to how bad the CG future can get when that Ghibli trailer honestly didn't seem that bad to me.
I embraced Ars Nova. It was still bad, but I believe that CG can be the future. It only needs more time to evolve.

Seems pretty interesting from what I've read about it. I think I'll give it a watch as soon as I finish with Gintama.

Speaking of which, I'm really enjoying it so far! Really funny stuff. Loved the episode following the Shinsengumi on a TV show.

Man I can't wait for you to get to the Yoshiwara arc and Red Spider Arc in Gintama. You'll find the best girl of the whole show I guarantee you.

Strike Witches OVA

Surprisingly (thankfully) light on the lewd, more concentrating of the general concept of the show in the first half.

This was the highlight though as its effectively a Strike Witches version of Gunbuster Science Lessons complete with Sakamoto as Coach! Consequently, I learned a little more about the world via the production sketches and chibi cast dialogue.

Wouldn't call this essential viewing but it's not entirely without merit.
It's indeed super interesting. If only familiars transferred into the TV series but what can you do? There's this too, which I find hilarious every time I see it.

Reiji Kotobuki (of QUARTET NIGHT) utapri fans, even with less items compared to others, still got great bday love.
BsWjF5uCMAIj5MN.jpg:large
BsWidsjCMAAK-v6.jpg:large

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Adventure: 03-04

Quickly going through all the characters to get their Digimon to evolve once more. Formulatic, but still enjoyable.

Maybe its the nostalgia talking, but I really don't like Japanese TK. He's way too much of a baby and less of a young kid. Again, might be the nostalgia talking, it's been nearly forever since I've seen the first season in English.

fertygo

Black Butler: Circus Arc - 01

Now unlike Sengoku Basara: Judge End, this is proper retcon/reset job.. so glad have the show back again, I love the setting and character of this series, and the funky gothic mood.. very excited to see this arc adapted.

Branduil

Terror in Tokyo - 1

Decent start. Not so much a fan on the interactions with the bullied girl, I wish she was more angry and irrational and less pure hearted anime girl.

Er, not sure where you're getting that? At one point in the episode she says "I wish everyone would just disappear." Being timid and quiet isn't the same as being pure hearted.

Narag

Er, not sure where you're getting that? At one point in the episode she says "I wish everyone would just disappear." Being timid and quiet isn't the same as being pure hearted.

Yeah, she has some real issues that I thought were clear. Intentionally ignoring all the texts she was receiving seemed to support that as well.

Jarmel

Banned
Someone mentioned earlier that Lisa(TiR) had an eating disorder. I viewed it as panic attacks. What do you guys think of that?

duckroll

Someone mentioned earlier that Lisa(TiR) had an eating disorder. I viewed it as panic attacks. What do you guys think of that?

Doesn't seem like she has an eating disorder, seems more like she has a problem handling social interaction of sorts. The pool scene, how she reacts to her mother's messages, needing to hide in a bathroom from time to time - obvious anxiety issues. I think in a way it's similar to how the guy in Kids on the Slope needed to "escape" to the roof too.

BluWacky

Personally I saw it as a panic attack. She reads the messages from her mother - is she overly smothering but loving, or is she keeping despotic control over her? - then feels sick so throws away her lunch. She seemed set on eating it, even if she was going to do so on her own.

Chariot

Personally I saw it as a panic attack. She reads the messages from her mother - is she overly smothering but loving, or is she keeping despotic control over her? - then feels sick so throws away her lunch. She seemed set on eating it, even if she was going to do so on her own.
Yeah, I thought she was just hiding to not be bullied. I imagine the bullies throwing her lunch away or put something in, if she sits in the open.

mankoto

It looks like she was hiding from her bullies to me. Her mother pestering her didn't exactly help so she had an attack.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online II 2

I enjoyed this episode more than the last but I don't really like how they go about showing you shit and don't really explain the many intricacies of the game. The animation looked cool I guess. Judging by the pace I can see this taking roughly 14 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom