• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Steins;Gate
Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare
Clannad: After Story
Gintama'
Gintama': Enchousen
Gintama
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen
Code Geass: Hangyaku no
Hajime no Ippo
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
No Game No Life

That's actually a solid list with new shows that will drop over time.

Seeing Clannad After Story so high up on the list always puts a smile on my face. :)

Now if only we could get Hyouka and Chihayafuru higher up on the list.

Aldnoah Zero 02

Enjoyable episode. I think they've well established how much more insanely advanced the Martian tech is compared to Earth tech. However since it is
confirmed Princess is alive and that traitor girl lived as well the only way I can possibly see this resolved is if a part of the Martian faction defects cause Earth clearly has no means of dealing with them.

Sword Art Online S2 02

This show is always at its best when it isn't about Lord Kirito.

mankoto

Onii-sama?
34108.jpg

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
SAO II episode 2 was great!

I didn't enjoy SAO as much but the pacing in SAO II is really good so far!

WUT

I thought we had escaped from that hell. I was just looking at the front page, blissfully thinking it was over.

Well I'm not worried. Thankfully we have several good animes running this season to talk about.

WUT

I thought we had escaped from that hell. I was just looking at the front page, blissfully thinking it was over.

Well I'm not worried. Thankfully we have several good animes running this season to talk about.

What hell, you must of have forgotten it is paradise that has been brought.

Another 11

Or how about you find out who the dead one is first? That would take 5 seconds or something.

Crazy shit happened, people made some wrong conclusions and lots of people died.

Maybe it's that asthmatic kid in the car? I dunno.

Branduil

Another 11

Or how about you find out who the dead one is first? That would take 5 seconds or something.

Crazy shit happened, people made some wrong conclusions and lots of people died.

Maybe it's that asthmatic kid in the car? I dunno.

I won't spoil it, but just know that it's dumber than you can possibly imagine.

Clov

Just watched Aldnoah.Zero 02. It was a pretty good episode, very tense at times. I hope there's a good reason why
Inaho was so apathetic to his friend's death. He didn't seem to care at all.
For the most part, the CG mechs blend well with everything else, though there were a couple really bad shots, like when
Inaho's friend was killed.

Midonin

Captain Earth 15

Hana has awakened her Livlaster, which means the possibility of an Engine for her is looking good. Maybe that red one in the opening? (and the preview confirms it's exactly that. The Flare Engine.) And of course, Puck turns a man into an ass.
Some of the Shakespeare references were obvious before, but I'm noticing them even stronger now. Using mythology for technology in mecha stories is hardly unheard of, but it's telling that they went with the most whimsical and dreamlike of the Bard's plays.
Setsuna's awakened, as well.
I think it's time for the metaphorical house of cards to topple. I've come to look forward to this show quite a bit. Next to Crystal, Super Hero Time and Rail Wars on Saturdays.

StormKing

Just watched Aldnoah.Zero 02. It was a pretty good episode, very tense at times. I hope there's a good reason why
Inaho was so apathetic to his friend's death. He didn't seem to care at all.
For the most part, the CG mechs blend well with everything else, though there were a couple really bad shots, like when
Inaho's friend was killed.

He looked a bit shocked to me.
Then right after that he declares that they should get mechs from the school to fight the martians.

Maybe he's not doing that just to protect the civilians but also to avenge his friend.

Jex

I don't think Jexhius is being serious here.
I know he likes a good number of the titles in that list.

To clarify, there are a few number of "decent" titles on the list, but as a list of the top 20 greatest anime (tv, movies, ovas!) of all time it's garbage. Alright shows like FMA:B aren't even in my top 100 anime of all time, let alone number one.

I'm dead serious.

An obnoxious Sawano OST? You don't say.

I didn't have a problem with the OST in AoT, though. I think it was because the overwrought bleakness of the show's tone matched the overwrought and overly loud orchestral and vocals.

In this show, the tone is dialed down and we are early in the series so clearly nothing earth shattering will happened, and yet the OST thinks that this is last episode and goes all out. It's just jarring.

I used to like Sawano but his works feel all the same to me and in the bad way.

Guilty Crown is my favourite OST form him and thats because of Supercell and EGOIST.

The Onii-sama Show 15

Just like expected
nobody besides Suzaku-clone stands even a remote chance against onii-sama. I'm sure Suzaku clone will think he's winning and then he'll get surprised by onii-sama's super secret sauce tactic

Also the most hilarious scenes in the episode:

1. When Tatsuya
wins his first monolith code battle
and the harem members congratulate the sister and she's all "why thank you". Why the fuck would you take credit lol
2. Best part though was when the sister tells the red head, with the most non-ironic calm smiling face, that the red head may have a brother complex. Holy shit woman, are you fucking kidding me? Seriously?

Besides that, the episode focused a lot on Team Onii-sama kicking ass and looks like next episode we have the grandbattle of spin kicks vs brains. So Code Geass 2.0

Puruzi

Banned
I didn't have a problem with the OST in AoT, though. I think it was because the overwrought bleakness of the show's tone matched the overwrought and overly loud orchestral and vocals.

In this show, the tone is dialed down and we are early in the series so clearly nothing earth shattering will happened, and yet the OST thinks that this is last episode and goes all out. It's just jarring.
I know what you mean, but something earth shattering kinda did happen :I

Sword Art Online II 02

Decent ED.
Well there sure were a lot of flattering shots of Sinon this episode.

Is everyone Max Payne in GGO? Activating their bullet cams.

Oh boy, more tentacle action. This series just can't resist.
Actually pretty good episode, but that's probably because Kirito didn't show up until the end.

Another 12

Yeah, ok.

Incredible boring and then the deaths isn't that interesting either. Not even so bad it's funny, just plain boring. It gave my sound-system something to do at certain points at least and it looks ok? Maybe it would have worked better as a short movie instead of a long TV series? I dunno.

1/10 I don't even care to make somethings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom