• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
So yeah, my Windows 8 died on me yesterday, and I just spent yesterday trying to restore it (to no avail). Ended up reinstalling Windows 7, so I spent the whole day setting that up. Took 3 hours alone for the updates. Needless to say, I haven't had much time to work on the backlog.

At least my files are still intact.

Narag

Girls und Panzer Anzio OVA
VaKRaVzl.jpg
sX78x4Xl.jpg

CyFJUQil.png
MQE4LdOl.jpg

That was really good, nice balance of school stuff and tank antics so the fan of either could leave satisfied. More importantly this felt like one of the most complete team battles in the show, giving everyone a chance to shine. That extended past the tank battles as well as the OVA helps integrate future teams as well as expanding on the current ones. Caesar's character bits was a really nice touch given how little development the other teams typically had in the show proper.

Thinking that integration of this and special 5 into a main showing viewing would only enhance the experience with a stronger end product.

Firemind

Barakamon #2

The animation is staying surprisingly solid for a slice of life show without any romantic undertones. Often the quality drops a bit after the premiere episode, but you can see these little touches like when whatshisname-sensei got bumped when unconscious. Twice. It happens so often when children accidentally do something without knowing what they did. The magic of childlike innocence. Stay free, Naru. The characters that got introduced were pretty amusing too, especially the middle schoolers. The yaoi is strong in this one. Even the mom of one of the secondary characters got some gags going. Truly the sleeper hit of the season.

Oh, yeah, I also watched SAO, but nothing really happened since Kirito-kun wasn't in the spotlight. Meh.

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 31

Mousse is a dunce, but I gotta give him credit for being the first one to come up with the idea of taking the water from Jusenkyo and using it as a weapon.

Shampoo is good and all, but whatever happened to Kodachi? Or that ice skating pair? I saw the former once in that one episode but nothing since.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
haly on LOGH:

Ahaha so it's like blob warfare in EVE.

OUR BLOB IS BIGGER THAN YOUR BLOB.

EXPOSITION EXPOSITION EXPOSITION

So if I'm understanding this correctly LOGH isn't really sci fi at all. It's just a political/war drama on an interstellar scale. Like Gundam but without the gundams and.... I dunno, WW2 era tactics/strategy?

space bloooobs.

Superflat

Girls und Panzer Anzio OVA
That was really good, nice balance of school stuff and tank antics so the fan of either could leave satisfied. More importantly this felt like one of the most complete team battles in the show, giving everyone a chance to shine. That extended past the tank battles as well as the OVA helps integrate future teams as well as expanding on the current ones. Caesar's character bits was a really nice touch given how little development the other teams typically had in the show proper.

Thinking that integration of this and special 5 into a main showing viewing would only enhance the experience with a stronger end product.

Excited to finally watch this!!

mankoto

Aldnoah.Zero 2
Inaho is probably the most cold hearted MC I've seen in a while. At least Slaine has emotions. Great episode altogether and damn that Mars tech is crazy.

Aldnoah Episode 1

That was a pretty great episode, the direction wasn't bad but good. The CGI isn't the greatest but I forgive it due to the amazing visual, which is splendid. The OST may come off as over the top, it still good though as it gave off a bit of tension. But damn the war is pretty much one sided with the human side dying one by one. Though I shouldn't be suprised considering the Butcher is helping with this series. As for the MC I'm interested in his background and don't have any problems with him as others do. Overall it was a great episode and so was the Opening.

cajunator

Banned
It's all about [self avatar quote], Miyukichi saving the unsaveable.

But she couldnt save c3bu

Chaika 11

Saboteur vs saboteur was some hotness.

Fucking dresden too, he put that starter pokemon thing in my head. Ilost it at "yellow Chaika" and "blue Chaika" because of it.

@cajun: laughed so hard at what happened to Fredrica as I didn't expect that. No one could expect that

White > red > blue
yellow doesnt count but shes a cutie!

Mokoi

Banned
Barakamon 2

This is a really good adaptation. Villagers have no sense of privacy, but that was to be expected. Naru is just great with her antics. Overall it's going to be a nice show to watch this season.

SAO S2 E2

I feel like I blinked and this episode was over, felt like nothing happened yet the battle lasted almost the entire episode I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing but at least it was over quickly. Also LOL at making the loli a victim of tentacle rape AGAIN

cajunator

Banned
God dammit cajun. Sinon episode was awesome. :p

Ill hold you to that!

So yeah, my Windows 8 died on me yesterday, and I just spent yesterday trying to restore it (to no avail). Ended up reinstalling Windows 7, so I spent the whole day setting that up. Took 3 hours alone for the updates. Needless to say, I haven't had much time to work on the backlog.

At least my files are still intact.

Win7 is the familiar old friend who wont let you down. I still use it on my newly built PC.
Most stable windows os.

Superflat

SAO 2 Episode 2

Most of the episode serves as a introduction to Sinon, and it's just okay. Not much characterization, but has some good action.

In the first half of the episode practically nothing happened. If it was directed/written well enough, it would have been a good build-up of tension but it just fell flat.

When shit hits the fan the action is very nicely animated and cool-looking as expected. Good return to form in that aspect.

Last scene returns to Kirito and the gang. Can't wait for them to leave that dumb fairy MMO where everything bad with the first season happened.

Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? - 1

Wait, wait, I've heard this one. A ghost, an underground person, a magical girl, and an alien are all sitting in a room with one guy.

The punchline is pineapple right?

I usually thought the studio Kinema Citrus was average in adapting anime. But looking at Barakamon it seems they stepped up their game. Is there a reason why.

Link Man

Banned
Ill hold you to that!

Win7 is the familiar old friend who wont let you down. I still use it on my newly built PC.
Most stable windows os.

And I just downloaded Chrome, after logging in it automatically installed my extensions and loaded up my bookmark bar.

We really are living in blessed times.

Firemind

I usually thought the studio Kinema Citrus was average in adapting anime. But looking at Barakamon it seems they stepped up their game. Is there a reason why.

Tokyo Magnitude wasn't a terrible production, although it's original and co-produced by BONES. And, uh... Black Bullet? .hack? No idea.

Didn't they do Code:Breaker? They were awesome then too.

Yeah Code Breaker is an exception, but usually the anime they animate aren't that good like Black Bullet. And seeing Barakamon its seems they stepped up. But it probably has to do with the source material and the staff.

Aldnoah Zero 2

Something is just off about this series, and I really can't place my finger on it

The animation and action are great, the intrigue and suspense are well done too.

I guess where this series is losing me is that Earth is so completely boned and nothing in the series has seemingly indicated they have any chance of victory. Obviously I get that a certain martian faction
is intentionally starting this war by framing Earth for the death fo the princess for some unknown reason
and of course humanities only ace is that
the teen brigade has both the princess and the girl who knows the assassination was done by martians hiding on Earth

Perhaps I would care more if the main human teens weren't so boring. I didn't give a rats ass when
the one boy died because I didn't know him to care about his death
. I also would have had no idea who the MC was until maybe the final 5 seconds had it not been for the OP smothering his face all over it. I honestly thought at the end of episode 1 the story's mc would be the white/blonde haired Earthling who was with the princess in episode 1.

I'm really hoping this series gives a bit more direction and a bit less bloat. Episode 2 was certainly better then episode 1 in this regard, but masterpiece this series is not yet.

Also while I hate the Shinji esque characters in mecha anime, I really hate how boring the AZ human protagonist is 10x more. He doesn't fucking have a character he's just Commander Shepard picking every neutral option to advance the story forward as quickly as possible. There is a difference between a character staying level headed and having more reserved reactions to the events around him, and then there is being a fucking brick with no emotions who feels like they're more along for the ride despite being the one taking charge.

Vylash

Persona 4 The Animation Episode 11

ilmMgabWHxNuD.gif

Oh man they added a scene where Kubo almost messed up Nanako in Junes, that was such a nice touch, this adaptation is adding some really cool things.

Heck I'd rather have a Kirito/Onii-Sama/gary stu copy cat for the main character, even if there character is just being perfect and having everyone love them unconditionally that's still more of a character then our supposed lead of Aldnoah Zero. I get that some people are horribly beaten down with an infinite number of shinji clones and Inaho is a breath of fresh air compared to them... but he's honestly worse and unless they do some really cool stuff with him and his character the only good thing he can do is sacrifice himself and hope his no personality rubs off on the martians and they stop giving a crap and just leave Earth.

barakamon 2

good fun, drop in quality isn't as bad as i'd expect. will keep watch!

tonari seki kun ova 2

abusing snow animals :<

feels like a 2 parter eps, give me a second one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom