• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll find the .gif.

irPVPSMbDbQ0R.gif

Pooya

aldnoah is only possible through the MAGIC of CGI, get over it...

girls und panzer anzio ova

so is GuP.
this match wasn't shown in the series because Italian 'tanks' suck? duh.

Girls und Panzer - 02

The volley ball girl team left me #dead. Actually lots of things killed me. Student council's still annoying though. Particularly the president. Wonder if that group will ever become bearable.

As the show progresses, they end up taking more of a backseat if I'm remembering correctly.

Good to know.
---
Girls und Panzer - 03

I'm in love with Mako (the one who can't wake up in the morning to save her life).

That is all.

Girls und Panzer - 04

Alright! One rival school befriended(tm)! Flower arrangement chick
getting disowned
was such a ridiculous scene I had to laugh, but maybe that's what they were going for? Definitely getting Saki vibes from the whole elder sister thing, but hopefully this'll actually have a resolution some time this decade (unlike Saki).

At above^

My favorite scene of Barakamon is any scene where Naru laughs. That laugh is pure joy and makes me grin until it hurts.
---
Girls und Panzer - 05

Ohoho
a "cheating" team
right off the bat, eh? Loving how this is playing out, though I do hope this'll be the last match where such methods are used. Interesting that the enemy commander doesn't know about it. Glad her personality isn't fake.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Aldnoah Zero 02

They're invading a planet with a population that numbers in the billions, but I have to watch some overblown characterization of evil physically run down a single man parachuting and this is somehow supposed to carry weight after we watched an entire city get blown up.

This is kind of a weird complaint but the armaments on the mechs bugs me. One of the few combat advantages a mech would have over something like a tank would be its effectiveness inside an extremely close range. Earth's mechs our outfitted with...boxcutters though. Conceptually the Martian mechs are maybe even worse, with the one most prominently featured lacking almost any weaponization so it can...slowly stomp around.

The whole chase/battle scene near the end all felt nonsensical. If the area is mostly evacuated what purpose could possibly exist for a small contigent of Earth mechs to make a stand here? What a pointless waste of resources.
blame Eva

Defuser

Aldnoah Zero ep 2
Gawd damn at Mar's technology mechs. Everything gets disintegrated just by being touch. RIP MC's friend whoever that is. Other than that the MC is fucking lifeless, who the hell wrote this character personality?

And why didn't the mech just continue chasing the truck through the tunnels? The mech can disintegrate anything it touches so a tunnel wouldn't be a problem.

Kino no Tabi 00-07

Perfect atmosphere the anime. New idea why I never finished this series the first time I started watching it years ago. It is amazing. I am in love with the overall atmosphere of the anime. I also love how even though there is a magical, fantasy feel to it all that I don't feel like the show is constantly trying to remind me of that. Not to mention
the different countries Kino visits and all their weird customs.
Though Kino can come off very apathetic or indifferent at times(which isn't a bad thing considering her character and what she's doing) to the things she see, you can tell how things see encounters effect her more in her words rather than actions at times. Can't wait to finish this up.

Kino no Tabi 00-07

Perfect atmosphere the anime. New idea why I never finished this series the first time I started watching it years ago. It is amazing. I am in love with the overall atmosphere of the anime. I also love how even though there is a magical, fantasy feel to it all that I don't feel like the show is constantly trying to remind me of that. Not to mention
Though Kino can come off very apathetic or indifferent at times(which isn't a bad thing considering her character and what she's doing) to the things she see, you can tell how things see encounters effect her more in her words rather than actions at times. Can't wait to finish this up.

Great choice. That one's in my top 5 on MAL.

cajunator

Banned
Kino no Tabi 00-07

I honestly feel that everybody should watch this anime at some point.
Its not the best animated nor does it have the most appealing art but writing wise its really just masterfully crafted for what it is. A bunch of taut well crafted episodes that tie into a message that hits you like a ton of bricks when you least expect it. One of anime's best.

Quasar

Tokyo ESP 1 - interesting change from the manga start. I think the in media res start worked pretty well, and whilst there are lots of questions I felt enough context was given during the episode so people aren't completely lost.

Persona 4 Golden 1 - So I'm a guy who has not played any Persona but did watch and like the non golden anime. And this is definitely not for people who are new to Persona. I wondered if they would do anything for newbies..and I guess this makes sense given the whole conceit.

Blusby

SAO II Ep. 02: Oh wow, an actual cool episode. It'd be nice if the rest of the show is like this, but that sounds to unbelievable.

Girls und Panzer - 06

After all the strategy, I'm a little disappointed the match came down to what it did.

Girls und Panzer - 07

I can't recall the last time I've hated a grandmother character in an anime this much. I'd very much like the girls to shoot her point blank with one of the tanks. Or maybe run her over. And then back up on her corpse. And then forward again. And then shoot the corpse with all five tanks.

Something like that.

Girls und Panzer - 07

I can't recall the last time I've hated a grandmother character in an anime this much. I'd very much like the girls to shoot her point blank with one of the tanks. Or maybe run her over. And then back up on her corpse. And then forward again. And then shoot the corpse with all five tanks.

Something like that.

Hehe. I thought she was funny :p

jgminto

Haikyuu!! 15

Inter-high time! It'll be interesting to see how the pacing handles the tournament, it seems like it's always the make or break point for sports shows. The new OP and ED aren't very good. The first ED was so much better.

Chariot

I dont know why but c3bu was nowhere near this witty and just all around fun. Typically thats something that Gainax excels at.
Not since Trigger left it. Medaka Box, Dandalian? Gainax isn't Gainax anymore.
I know a lot of people didn't enjoy KLK, but it's pretty clear after LWA, Inferno Cop and KLK that Trigger took all the people that loves to pump life into shows.

cajunator

Banned
Not since Trigger left it. Medaka Box, Dandalian? Gainax isn't Gainax anymore.
I know a lot of people didn't enjoy KLK, but it's pretty clear after LWA, Inferno Cop and KLK that Trigger took all the people that loves to pump life into shows.

I didnt mind Medaka Box too much but Gainax shows havent had that something that gave them life. I do notice that.
Who animated Sabagebu?

phaze

Girls und Panzer 7

gup1lmp98.png
gup263oim.png

Preferring Guderian to Monty ? You're kaput to me. Damned Wehrmacht fanboys

Poor Italians can't catch a break can they ? Named after not their operation and lost in 2 seconds.

Girls und Panzer 8

Almost missed this.
dq8cskv3eobz.gif

Also it'satrap.jpg, Miho is a terrible commander.

Huh. How lucky for me. The Girls und Panzer OVA that covers the match that was just skipped came out like last week and is subbed. Guess I'll go ahead and watch that before continuing with the rest of the series.

Chariot

Ah. not bad. A bit derpy sometimes but decent.
I can't even tell how Pierrot+ is, since it's not directly Pierrot. Apparently they made Beelzebub and Tegami Bachi. I didn't watch the former and the only thing I remember of the latter is Lag Seeing crying.

Preferring Guderian to Monty ? You're kaput to me. Damned Wermacht fanboys
*kaputt
*Wehrmacht
/grammarnaz... guy.

Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht.

Aria 02

Heh. That's just like me 2 1/2 weeks ago.

There's a scene that reminded me of one in Chobits, just with splish, splash instead of pantsu, Himeya seems like a big company and then a small rebellion, a little rivalry and lots of ara ara.

Really liking the mood, the soundtrack and the funny reaction faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom