• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the videomaker use a picture of Taiga? This is just wrong.
Ami's song isn't bad either. Yes!

No clue. Just grabbed the first video I found that didn't have toaster sound quality. Not to say the sound quality in the one I linked is perfect or anything.

But yeah, I liked pretty much all the character image songs. AND THEN THERE'S THE ONE BY ALL THE GIRLS WHERE THEY TALK ABOUT LOVE VIA BASEBALL METAPHORS:

Karakuri

This song is crack, cutesy, and high pitched, so if that ain't your dig, you've been warned.

Thoraxes

Alright, here's a bunch of pics in the Vol. 1 Kill la Kill LE set in a high resolution.

2014-07-1502.22.07puf2u.jpg

Chariot

Oh, I really like the simple covers of the cases and the cute pictures on the BD's themselves. We need more pictures of Satsuki drinking tea.
No clue. Just grabbed the first video I found that didn't have toaster sound quality. Not to say the sound quality in the one I linked is perfect or anything.

But yeah, I liked pretty much all the character image songs. AND THEN THERE'S THE ONE BY ALL THE GIRLS WHERE THEY TALK ABOUT LOVE VIA BASEBALL METAPHORS:

Karakuri

This song is crack, cutesy, and high pitched, so if that ain't your dig, you've been warned.
Those are the moment's I really wish that I could understand japanese. heaven knows how many songs with funny and cool texts went over my head. Hell, I could've heard songs about genocide and not know it.

Oh, I really like the simple covers of the cases and the cute pictures on the BD's themselves. We need more pictures of Satsuki drinking tea.Those are the moment's I really wish that I could understand japanese. heaven knows how many songs with funny and cool texts went over my head. Hell, I could've heard songs about genocide and not know it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not fluent yet but I'm getting there. Also minoring in it for my second degree.

But hey! At least for this song in particular there's a translation already available:

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/toradora/karakuri.htm

co1onel

Glasslip Episode 01

So uh...what? I thought this was about glass blowing but it's about chickens? And random drama already for some reason,I'll keep watching but this show needs to get more focused.

Your first mistake was not expecting random drama from a PA works show. Also chickens were just symbolic of the main group (David being the hawk, coming to prey on them), they're already gone in the second episode.

Ami's song isn't bad either. Yes!

Karakuri

Not liked a lot of character songs I've heard for other shows, but these are actually pretty good.

Not liked a lot of character songs I've heard for other shows, but these are actually pretty good.

Glad you liked 'em. Seriously though, those lyrics and Horie Yui's godlike voice. #Dead without question, every time. If it comes on in the car when I have friends with me I have to change it for fear I'll embarrass myself.

cajunator

Banned

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah I tend to use demographics as labels, but recently I've been trying to say "shonen action" to correct myself. Shojo on the other hand I tend to not put the romance part because, from my limited knowledge, there's not many shonen romance so I almost imply it and it sounds awkward when I read "shojo romance" out loud. Mistake made I guess.

wat

Chariot

TheRancor

I'm glad you haven't posted the other image from this batch that included a photo of the old GAiNAX pre-fabricated shed near Higashi-Koganei station... :-D

No, no... they own it, like, the entire building (something unusual for a studio). In fact it is called the 'SHAFT BUILDING' ('SHAFT BLD.'). You can see it for yourself here:

〒167-0021 Tōkyō-to, Suginami-ku, Kamiigusa, 1 Chome−29 シャフト - Google Maps
https://www.google.com/maps/place/J...ome−29+シャフト

It is a damn pity that the nice compilation of handy information about many different Japanese animation studios and their site's exterior photographs that was hosted at the AnimeChic web site has disappeared, and in the Internet Archive only the text and some photos remain...

It must be heaven compared to their cramped old place!
Well, at least there is a compilation of some current anime studio exteriors here. http://imgur.com/a/MlWbT

Examples:
A-1 Pictures
lUBnmoX.jpg
GoHands
sDaMdGR.jpg

In the basement
Ordet & Trigger (and Sanzigen)
mZsacTX.jpg

Ordet Headquarters, Floor 3
Trigger, Floor 3
Sanzigen, Floor 17

Vylash

Glasslip Episode 2

igWmlYNIWEZ1o.gif
iJ0zYNc0j4gGl.gif

Brown dude got rejected, STILL NO FOCUS ON GLASS BLOWING, I'm still not impressed. Also the PA Works/nano.ripe blood pact continues

duckroll

Barakamon - Episode 2

The episode was pretty funny at first, and I liked how they were introducing more of the characters while playing up the gag about how in a small town like this there isn't really much privacy, but it got a bit much really quick. The entire episode felt like 20+ different 4koma gags on after another without any breathing room at all. The hectic pace made it a bit hard to appreciate some of the jokes before the next one just rolled out. Maybe the intent was to make the audience feel the same way the character does, but it's a pretty exhausting feeling and isn't much fun by the end.

I really like the animation styles they use on the show though. Some really great scenes throughout with loose but energetic movement and lots of smears and character distortions. :)

---

Nozaki-kun - Episode 2

Now this was a really solid follow up to the first episode. It's paced well, the jokes are pretty funny, and I love the deadpan reactions to how ridiculous some of the character traits are. It's a really fun show with silly characters and a the group dynamics they're developing seem like they'll work pretty well. There's also that killer moment where knowing the inspiration for the manga lead totally destroys the illusion. It's like how they say that you don't really want to know what happens in the kitchen if you enjoy your meal. Lol.

duckroll

Is AIC still doing anything?

They are semi-alive and still seem to provide production assistance to some shows by ex-AIC staff. They helped with the final episode of Inari Konkon Koi Iroha, and they also worked on some CG assistance on Aldnoah.Zero recently. I think they're also working on the upcoming Strike Witches OVA.

But overall the studio family has taken a huge hit. Lots of top-level staff have been leaving the various AIC studios in recent years to start up new studios, there have been financial issues, etc. They've also had major productions they were involved with taken away from them, a sign that they're probably not seen as a stable studio anymore. They were taken off Yamato 2199 after the first 10 episodes iirc, and after working on the first Persona 3 movie, they were replaced by A-1 Pictures for the second movie, even though pretty much all the staff stayed the same. At some point I recall AIC was also credited for doing the animation work for Persona Q, but I haven't seen the credits for the game so I don't know for sure.

They are kinda dead last I heard.

I really REALLY hope this studio is doing ok. They have made some really great stuff.

Well, just hoping that they're not completely dead. Then I can at least pretend that they'll someday make more Ah! My Goddess :p

They are semi-alive and still seem to provide production assistance to some shows by ex-AIC staff. They helped with the final episode of Inari Konkon Koi Iroha, and they also worked on some CG assistance on Aldnoah.Zero recently. I think they're also working on the upcoming Strike Witches OVA.

But overall the studio family has taken a huge hit. Lots of top-level staff have been leaving the various AIC studios in recent years to start up new studios, there have been financial issues, etc. They've also had major productions they were involved with taken away from them, a sign that they're probably not seen as a stable studio anymore. They were taken off Yamato 2199 after the first 10 episodes iirc, and after working on the first Persona 3 movie, they were replaced by A-1 Pictures for the second movie, even though pretty much all the staff stayed the same. At some point I recall AIC was also credited for doing the animation work for Persona Q, but I haven't seen the credits for the game so I don't know for sure.

Ah.

Vylash

I actually enjoyed both seasons and I am waiting for the next great arc that I already read in the manga. Try to use the dark theme for a bit and you'll see what I meant by that :D

No! I switched to the white theme so I can ignore it! That was my best attempt at getting rid of all the white around it

cajunator

Banned

Sad state of affairs. Didnt they make Jinrui and Acchi Kocchi too?
Not to mention Date a Live!

Chariot

No! I switched to the white theme so I can ignore it! That was my best attempt at getting rid of all the white around it
I am not good with these things, but I tried my best.

jbigripe9Qs44c.png

Still looks a bit honky, but not that chaotic like your avatar is now.

edit: ah, Mike did it properly.
Nice one, Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom