• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

I am not good with these things, but I tried my best.

jbigripe9Qs44c.png

Still looks a bit honky, but not that chaotic like your avatar is now.

edit: ah, Mike did it properly.
Nice one, Mike!

Ow, my eyes!

Have this:
TJfFJ88.png

Well those look a lot better, thanks guys!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just realized at some point I started using Gaf mobile dark and never switched back. My Pc uses the light theme though.

Laptop: light
Work PC: dark
Phone: light
tablet: dark
Wii U: dark

But I'm very careful to make sure things work on both, as you may have noticed with my Xenoglossia review, AOTY thread and SAOII OT.

Is that fucking Jill Valentine cosplay
She lovesz cozsplay so the answer is YES

It's been FIFTEEN YEARS. Why are they still looking for the One Piece?
Hey we've passed the middle point 3 years ago ( author own words) so have hope.You still have 9 more years of one piece at least.
Nope, it's just an image I had up on my monitor:
I guess i have a new wallpaper for me 2nd laptop.

cajunator

Banned
Laptop: light
Work PC: dark
Phone: light
tablet: dark
Wii U: dark

But I'm very careful to make sure things work on both, as you may have noticed with my Xenoglossia review, AOTY thread and SAOII OT.

Im well used to light on my desktop. Its very dark in my room. When Im at work its very bright, so dark works better on my phone. Seems to just depend on lighting conditions.

Did not know imgur had an app. Regardless I didn't know I was known as meme guy now when all I do is find pictures of dogs doing faces.

If that's a crime then send me to Guantanamo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I misunderstanding the definition of meme here?

Depends on what you think a meme is. If you think it is '"funny" internet image' then, yes, there is a misunderstanding.

Meme is collective thought, thus the meme here is we see you post and think 'pictures of dogs doing faces'.

Depends on what you think a meme is. If you think it is '"funny" internet image' then, yes, there is a misunderstanding.

Meme is collective thought, thus the meme here is we see you post and think 'pictures of dogs doing faces'.
If memes now count as Internet images in general then that's new because my understanding is that they were specific images and/or phrases that grow in popularity and are used everywhere. At least Internet memes are. If you see my posts as me giggling and wanting your thumbs up then that's another thing entirely.

I never said my dog reaction images are the definition of hilarity I just use them in the same sense say people like Kirby use his precure reaction images.

Jintor

Memes are pretty much just ideas that can be replicated and spread; image macros fall under this. Popular internet definition is just a specific image or template that is passed around. So if you repost a funny dog pic, then yes, you're spreading a meme. But we do it all the time so whatevsssssssss

Akame ga Kill! - 01

i want to say "never trust anyone" but damn those events ... at least the MC has a good motivator now

Animation was ok, story was ok too , the night raid group seems alright.

Yep , seems good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never said my dog reaction images are the definition of hilarity I just use them in the same sense say people like Kirby use his precure reaction images.

Neither did I, I literally copied and pasted your words.

Memes are pretty much just ideas that can be replicated and spread; image macros fall under this. Popular internet definition is just a specific image or template that is passed around. So if you repost a funny dog pic, then yes, you're spreading a meme. But we do it all the time so whatevsssssssss

Yeah, the definition means that a lot of stuff online can be considered a meme, but the trick to remember is that it isn't necessarily something that has to be humorous, it's just humour is something that spreads quicker than most other thing since everyone wants to try and be funny.

Vylash

I have no idea what you people are talking about but if you're trying to subtly convince Woofington to change his name to Admiral Uguuuton and get an anime avatar then i'm with you

Fools this isn't even my maymays final form.

Speaking of that phrase, I hear dragon Ball Kai removed all the belovedly bad phrases such as 9000 and this one. Can somebody confirm?

Hugstable

Banned
Finished Fate/Zero yesterday, what an ending to a great anime.
Seeing Kiritsugu digging through the rubble just to save that one life after everything he had done was just such a powerful and emotional scene. Those final episodes starting with Kiritsugu's backstory is just so good and I can't believe I never watched this anime until now.

I'm gonna write up longer impressions for it later, but now I need to start a new anime. I thought Psycho-Pass, but I got 10 minutes in and realized I need a break off the depressing, so I thought it would finally be time to check out Idolm@ster or something.

Akame ga kill - 02

Ok I'm In , seems like this capital has a lot of things to take care of

So hyped i might just start reading the manga.

The night raid base is a little big for something secret but "Oh well"

mankoto

Ao Haru Ride 2
Tanaka-sensei and Kou look waaaaay too similar for my liking. If sensei was an actual student, I probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Although it's pretty funny after that episode in Nozaki after they made fun of characters that suffer from same-face syndrome.

The scene where Futaba
told off her friend, and more or less said "lol JK" right afterwards
came off as extremely awkward as well as when she tried to resolute the matter.

Finished Fate/Zero yesterday, what an ending to a great anime.
Seeing Kiritsugu digging through the rubble just to save that one life after everything he had done was just such a powerful and emotional scene. Those final episodes starting with Kiritsugu's backstory is just so good and I can't believe I never watched this anime until now.

I'm gonna write up longer impressions for it later, but now I need to start a new anime. I thought Psycho-Pass, but I got 10 minutes in and realized I need a break off the depressing, so I thought it would finally be time to check out Idolm@ster or something.
Miki is best idol. Do not believe BGBW's lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom