• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should try it then. I liked S1, but never tried S2 because of all the hate it got.

You should.

DAT SEASON 3 GOODNESS
KZUabjc.gif

cajunator

Banned
After Haruka, I could have stopped and been happy. Hell I'd be happy with the whole series just being him and Haruka.

But I like the anthology romance format it used. And about the only other time I've seen it is with Photo Kano, and it suffered with it being one episode stories rather than 3-4 episode arcs.

They treated Rihoko's arc like shit so I want nothing to do with S1.

Quasar

Thinking about this episode again, I was inspired to write it up again in greater detail. I love the show quite a bit and I figure I should try to elaborate some more (and I just want to practice, really).

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ 8.5

This little gem was recently subbed and watching it instantly brought me back to Takehara and the world of Fu-chan and her friends.

Finally!. Been waiting so long for this its not funny.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bah. More Haruka is always good, and I liked S2 Haruka. Really...I liked all of the S2 stuff aside from the final episode.
I only liked that arc because it gave us a chance to have two characters voiced by the girl that plays Haruka. WAAAA-OW!

Still sad that there's no teacher arc. :(

Finally!. Been waiting so long for this its not funny.
The best anime after Aria!
(Well, in my heart at least!)

I only liked that arc because it gave us a chance to have two characters voiced by the girl that plays Haruka. WAAAA-OW!

I have Aria, then Hidamari Sketch in my heart.

But if Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ever got a proper anime, it might even top Aria.

Quasar

Was that in the game?

Part of why liked it was that we got a proposal. The only one IIRC.

Heh. So wish they'd announce a new season for me.

Chaika 11

Someone tell me
that Fredrika isn't dead... Not at the hands of some shitcunt derpy-derp spider-looking mother fucker. Not like this....
. No words can convey my rage.

Syrinx

I should probably pick back up Hidamari Sketch at some point and see if I can get what's so beloved about it this time. Show is nearly universally loved around these parts.

Branduil

:D Getting back to it right now

btw, I forget, was this a noitamina show? Just wondering as its 22 eps. I do like how the episodes range from 25 to 27 minutes, longer than your usual show, a little more time to breathe in each ep.

No it wasn't noitaminA. And technically it's 23 episodes with 11.5 included.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Was that in the game?

Part of why liked it was that we got a proposal. The only one IIRC.
Well, we already know he marries Haruka since they had a flashforward in the first season.
And I think the original game had the teacher be a "Bad End" but they "fixed" it for subsequent releases.

Heh. So wish they'd announce a new season for me.
They NEED to do a season where Fu and co graduate. Bonus if Fu gets a kohai to carry on with the club, K-On style. Hell, Yoshida would write it anyway so I know it would work.

I have Aria, then Hidamari Sketch in my heart.

But if Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ever got a proper anime, it might even top Aria.
For me, Aria is in my top 5 television of all time regardless of medium and country of origin. I'm still not sure if it tops The Wire though. The order of my top five keeps changing. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I should probably pick back up Hidamari Sketch at some point and see if I can get what's so beloved about it this time. Show is nearly universally loved around these parts.
In terms of graduation arcs, Aria > K-On > HidaSketch > everything else. lol
But broadly, it's very much a learning + healing anime done well, but I guess it hits with more people than Aria for some reason.

seirei tsukai no blade dance 1

you gotta give them props. naked dfc pretty much out of the gate. No pussyfooting, you know EXACTLY what ya getting into asap.

protag got swag which is good.

yeah this is as generic as i recall reading the first vol of the ln's.

if you like your lolis that turn into swords... well I got a show for YOU.

Syrinx

In terms of graduation arcs, Aria > K-On > HidaSketch > everything else. lol
But broadly, it's very much a learning + healing anime done well, but I guess it hits with more people than Aria for some reason.

I didn't like the first ten or so episodes of Hidamari when I watched it last year, but I'm liking Aria now, so...*shrugs*. I guess I'm thinking a fresh perspective could do some good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't like the first ten or so episodes of Hidamari when I watched it last year, but I'm liking Aria now, so...*shrugs*. I guess I'm thinking a fresh perspective could do some good.
I very much like HidaSketch, but I just vastly prefer Aria because of the wonderful world it evokes. I feel like Akari and Yuno are very much built from the same mold though.

Syrinx

I very much like HidaSketch, but I just vastly prefer Aria because of the wonderful world it evokes. I feel like Akari and Yuno are very much built from the same mold though.

They certainly have similarities, but I found Yuno annoyingly childish. While Akari can be naive, she also has her moments, particularly in her correspondences with Ai where she seems a bit beyond her years. And I feel like Aika, Alice, and their teachers compliment her personality better than Yuno's friends complimented hers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They certainly have similarities, but I found Yuno annoyingly childish. While Akari can be naive, she also has her moments, particularly in her correspondences with Ai where she seems a bit beyond her years. And I feel like Aika, Alice, and their teachers compliment her personality better than Yuno's friends complimented hers.
Hrm, well, I think the dynamic completely changes when Yuno gets into 2nd year and has her own juniors to look after, if that's worth anything.

Syrinx

Hrm, well, I think the dynamic completely changes when Yuno gets into 2nd year and has her own juniors to look after, if that's worth anything.

I have seen people say that the sequel seasons to Hidamari are significantly better than the first season, so I'll guess I'll see if I get around to it.

I have seen people say that the sequel seasons to Hidamari are significantly better than the first season, so I'll guess I'll see if I get around to it.

I don't particularly think the juniors change Yuno enough for it to change what you didn't like about her, but I do think that every season beyond the first season of Hidamari continually improves. First season to x365 is the most drastic change though, in my opinion.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't really remember the first, but I do remember liking the last two seasons quite a bit.

Fffffffuuuuuu. Too late
Go back and watch it!

11.5 sucks. Don't bother. You didn't miss anything.
Pffff. This man is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom