• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
tumblr_mz3hc76kIm1sycuvlo2_250.gif

Mokoi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 4

Rose bride getting picked on again. I'm going to start taking a shot each time she gets slap. Seems like a fun little game to start. Mickey seems like a cool bro. He plays piano so he's alright with me.

I love these two peps whoever they are. However, when I watch the dub I hate these two. Those english voice actors just can't capture the magic it has in the subs. Also red hair guy sister is annoying! I hope to never see anymore of her. Although I know that's not happening.

Mokoi

Banned
You can watch it like i did if you want to see how bad it becomes.

This anime does break some boundaries.

Heh, I'm going to do that. It gave me a good laugh.

Yeah, it feels like that sometimes - which are actually the best times.

And yes, Love Live Songs were removed, as were some of the OPs and EDs, but it's still looks better than it would on YouTube, I think. Luckily Dailymotion is not YouTube, they just "decline" the videos without further actions.

Boo Boo! Although it's cool that you don't get any strikes or blocked from uploading.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

cajunator

Banned
How is it any different than watching the same pack of cute girls doing the same things every season

because those are usually 12-13 episodes and theres at least a variety of them instead of being stuck in one story universe for the duration of hundreds of episodes. Im not saying its bad just I cant personally deal with it.

Ryuuroden

Kotaku out to destroy any respect for anime storytelling, quality of animation, and depth of characters by anointing the worst of the worst as the best anime ever to casual viewers and newcomers who don't know any better. Is this a consistent practice of theirs?

Chariot

Yikes. Are you throwing parfumed shit at each other?
Every genre has tropes that gets repeated (partly because they define the genre) and sometimes shows just handle them badly and copying just what others did. It's a shows job to keep being entertaining (or be entertaining at all) and most shows people like here manages this one way or the other. No need to be upset.
Kotaku out to destroy any respect for anime storytelling, quality of animation, and depth of characters by anointing the worst of the worst as the best anime ever to casual viewers and newcomers who don't know any better. Is this a consistent practice of theirs?
I never had a high opinion of Kotaku.

cajunator

Banned
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I just have no sense of humour, I'm not THAT low on the food chain :p

Give me some credit. I don't wear Y-fronts.

(also Madoka is fine and all but...)

Indeed moe fans are important. somebody has to buy anime for the studios to keep making it ^^

Mature

Yes, it is. And other anime websites casual people might stumble across too. The chances of a fledgling anime watcher stumbling upon good recommendations is extraordinarily slim. That's why I'm always so quick to jump at recommending shows to people when they ask in here.

Yes, it is. And other anime websites casual people might stumble across too. The chances of a fledgling anime watcher stumbling upon good recommendations is extraordinarily slim. That's why I'm always so quick to jump at recommending shows to people when they ask in here.
I feel guilty for always recommending attack on titan to newbies but it really is the new gateway anime. Start with that then watch better shit.

cajunator

Banned

Same.
I recommend shows I think theyll like depending on what theyre asking about.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

but people here just recommend school days lol

Ryuukan

I actually haven't seen that in a while? People in here are typically good about picking apart people's interests and giving them a laundry list of great shows when people just ask.

you have to look in between all the "i like this girl the best because tumblr.txt"

mankoto

Chuunibyo S2 7
Satone's back story doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Well, at least their relationship got even closer because of it...

Seirei tsukai no blade dance - 01

Generic , expected

Nothing ground breaking a typical harem anime in a fantasy setting...

I guess i'll watch to see if it get better but somehow i doubt it.

fertygo

Watching Magical Sisters Yoyo and Nene, I see Ufotable already going far for their FSN preps.
Joking ofc if that wasn't clear enough,

UBW route confirmed

Btw this movie is pretty, based ufotable.

jbug617

Banned
It's here. Ready to cry my eyes out. At first glance I think the Persona 3 movie has better packaging. Also really disappointed on what they did with Silver Spoon (which is basically Sentai level of bare bones).

Jex

Barakaemon 2

I didn't really like this episode at all and it was extremely disappointing compared to the first. It just felt incredibly rushed, nothing had anytime to breathe and the direction was amateurish.

Jex

I have absolutely no interest in Gintama (I don't find it funny. Paging AquaWateria!) but more importantly it has taken me about half an hour to realise that the visual is inspired by James Bond. I'm getting slow in my old age.

Wow, that sounds rough for you on both counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom