• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this type of MC?
J9Z3SSo.jpg

3166676968_1_4_Avu0h94D.gif

jgminto

I didn't watch any show yet, but I watched the Openings and Endings. Usually I like the Openings better, but this time I am not excited by any perticular Opening and the Endings of Rail Wars!, Glasslip and Bakumatsu Rock are very appealing to my ears. And well, Free is ... Free.

Single out Free! but not Bakumatsu Rock? There's some serious dudebutt in the BR ED.

Jarmel

Banned
You know, is the autograph card some kind of standard in Japan? It looks like those Madoka cards they handed out at the theater last year. lol

I didn't know custom drawings were the standard at theaters.

Was this given out at the Trigger panel?

Hahaha ok, so everybody that asked a question or wore cosplay had a chance at getting these gifts by Trigger, who were denoted by stickers. I didn't have a chance to ask any questions at the panel but they recognized me from AnimeNext and "fortune favors the bold" so I asked for a sticker. So now people with multiple stickers played Rock/Paper/Scissors(there were like 6 of them) and the top person won a sketch a sketch of Ryuuko by Sushio. The rest got some minor autographs. Then the rest of us played Rock/paper/scissors. I lost. I lost all of the rock/paper/scissors games I played. The winners then went on to win these one off T shirts of stuff from the Elite 4 or whatever. Ok he then asked if anyone knew Sucy's last name. Nobody knew. He then asked if anybody knew Diana's last name and I called out and got it correctly(Cavendish). He didn't expect anyone to get it correctly so he give me the sketch by Yoshinari. He had like a dozen or so sketches(I'm guessing done by either Yoshinari or Sushio) but I bailed after I got mine because I was way too happy. This whole thing was funny as fuck because you had fifty people all huddled around a backstairs case trying to win original sketches through rock/paper/scissors. Fucking amazing. The Japanese really love RPS because something pretty cool happened at the Urobuchi panel where everybody there joined in one big RPS game to win some posters he signed too. Funny as shit when you had four to five hundred people playing RPS all at once.

Best part though was a guy got a little salty when I won and said that he put $100 into Trigger's Kickstarter. I told him I put in 2k and that ended that real quick.

In short, even when I'm losing, I'm still winning.

Chariot

Single out Free! but not Bakumatsu Rock? There's some serious dudebutt in the BR ED.
Sure, but I singled Free out, mostly because I knew it. I can't say Bakumatsu Rock is Bakumatsu Rock. Also: they're nostly naked and halfnaked while Free is already on Fetish Island.

Chariot

Pretty sure that guy is furiously masturbating off camera.
Why not. In germany there was this guy who wanted to marry his train and said openly, that he not only loves her, but... loves her.
The mermaid bit kinda creeped me out a little.
Haha. I just want to see where they go, if they make a third season. But then again, has KyoAni ever made a third season of anything? I won't to say, that they're anime valve, because people would beat me up, but I want to.
Best part though was a guy got a little salty when I won and said that he put $100 into Trigger's Kickstarter. I told him I put in 2k and that ended that real quick.
2k? My utter respect.

Jarmel

Banned
But then again, has KyoAni ever made a third season of anything? I won't to say, that they're anime valve, because people would beat me up, but I want to.

Sort of *does hand motion*. FMP 2nd Raid was the third season of FMP. K-On the Movie and Disappearance were the third major respective animated work in their franchise.
it was fun while it lasted, 2-3 years I could understand but five years.

thanks for the write ups.

I think that was a rather conservative estimate on their part because I remember them saying it took three years to do KLK.

Oh and the Ninja Slayer panel was uh something. First they had this 2-minute live action and CGI PV(the CGI mostly just being stuff from the manga rather than being indicative of the work done on the show itself). So you had two guys come out who 'represented' the authors since they never appear in public or some other nonsense. They had these sort of Daft Punk-ish goggles where a screen would display some Japanese messages on top of their face. Anyway they helped go through the half-dozen or so character designs(I really don't know if this was from the anime but they seemed to imply that) in their broken English. Like one had a female with her skin-tight black jacket open, similar to Fujiko. Another one was called the Dark Ninja. Really the whole thing felt like an anime of Ninja Gaiden.

Chariot

Sort of *does hand motion*. FMP 2nd Raid was the third season of FMP. K-On the Movie and Disappearance were the third major respective animated work in their franchise.
FMP would count if you look how many seasons the show has, but KyoAni produced only two of the seasons. And movies are not seasons. They're like 2.5.

duckroll

it was fun while it lasted, 2-3 years I could understand but five years.

thanks for the write ups.

I'm sure it'll be closer to 2-3 years if KLK was a larger success. But even then, don't forget that Gurren Lagann to Kill la Kill was 6 years. There was Panty and Stocking inbetween that, but it's clearly a much smaller production. So it's not all that unusual to say "wait 4-5 years for Imaishi's new big show".

Jarmel

Banned
FMP would count if you look how many seasons the show has, but KyoAni produced only two of the seasons. And movies are not seasons. They're like 2.5.

They've definitely done three cours of K-ON. Unlike with Valve, I don't think it's a case of being afraid of threes.

jgminto

How about this type of MC?
J9Z3SSo.jpg

Someone should write a LN about the "Stu Virus", a disease that spreads through society turning everyone into straight teenage boys with no personalities, elite gaming skills and unexplainable harems that the Stus can choose to hold hands with as a source of sustenance (they lack sexual organs so that's as far as they can go). The only vaccine for the Stu Virus is character depth. Sadly once you become a Stu, it's impossible to develop any depth as a character so there's no going back...

Jarmel

Banned
I'm sure it'll be closer to 2-3 years if KLK was a larger success. But even then, don't forget that Gurren Lagann to Kill la Kill was 6 years. There was Panty and Stocking inbetween that, but it's clearly a much smaller production. So it's not all that unusual to say "wait 4-5 years for Imaishi's new big show".

Pretty much what I got out of. In short, "It'll be a while so enjoy our other stuff so we can eat. Please!" Inou-battle really doesn't look Triggerized like I was hoping it kind of would. That said, they might pull a Chuu2 and have the regular school stuff look normal and the fantasy stuff be completely different.

I would say that Ninja Slayer does look to be their next major project and Inou is more for bring bread back to the table(which is fine).

Someone should write a LN about the "Stu Virus", a disease that spreads through society turning everyone into straight teenage boys with no personalities, elite gaming skills and unexplainable harems that the Stus can choose to hold hands with as a source of sustenance (they lack sexual organs so that's as far as they can go). The only vaccine for the Stu Virus is character depth. Sadly once you become a Stu, it's impossible to develop any depth as a character so there's no going back...

Well i seem to recall the same thing but with "moe" as the selling point.

duckroll

Pretty much what I got out of. In short, "It'll be a while so enjoy our other stuff so we can eat. Please!" Inou-battle really doesn't look Triggerized like I was hoping it kind of would. That said, they might pull a Chuu2 and have the regular school stuff look normal and the fantasy stuff be completely different.

I would say that Ninja Slayer does look to be their next major project and Inou is more for bring bread back to the table(which is fine).

Are you sure Ninja Slayer isn't some gag thing like Inferno Cop? The entire thing seems like such a joke...

Jarmel

Banned
Btw I didn't fully appreciate how old Nakashima was until I saw him. Dude looks older than my dad. I then realized how awkward it must have been for guys their age writing something like KLK....

Are you sure Ninja Slayer isn't some gag thing like Inferno Cop? The entire thing seems like such a joke...

That was my initial impression/assumption but they're making this into a big deal. I mean we don't even know Inou's director yet they announced this one a year in advance essentially. The panel was clearly more oriented around Ninja Slayer with the Slayer posters everywhere. The posters look really Afro Samurai so I wonder if they're going for an approach like that. I thought it would be a gag too but it looks like somebody is pumping some money into it.

The story is so fucking stupid though that I actually sort of want to see it. It really is Ninja Gaiden: The Anime.

Chariot

They've definitely done three cours of K-ON. Unlike with Valve, I don't think it's a case of being afraid of threes.
I meant offical show seasons and not running seasons. Like with K-On they had two seperate seasons. I don't think many people would part K-On!! in K-On!! part 1 and part 2. I'm still mad they never finished FMP or continued with Haruhi or made another key adaption. They make one or two seasons, maybe a movie and then move on.

We need some kind of Anime Dev Story game.

Quasar

Rail Wars 1

2560343-matrix+-+not+like+this.gif

This could of been so much more. The premise is unique and interesting and the animation is solid.

However, the characters are so tropey and I can see how the romance is going to play out already.

I didn't mind it. It had more train stuff than I was expecting given some of the comments. That said that whole steam train training sequence confused me beyond belief.

It also has embarrassing fan service scenes and stupid shit like I'm going to fall on top of you yet somehow end up under you with your hands on my abnormally sized bazoongas.

I always wondered about that. I mean it would be pretty easy to have the guy catch the falling girl in many cases and still grab her there without needing to have her inexplicably end up on bottom.

Jarmel

Banned
I meant offical show seasons and not running seasons. Like with K-On they had two seperate seasons. I don't think many people would part K-On!! in K-On!! part 1 and part 2. I'm still mad they never finished FMP or continued with Haruhi or made another key adaption. They make one or two seasons, maybe a movie and then move on.

We need some kind of Anime Dev Story game.

Well there are solid reasons why they haven't done season 3 of a lot of their productions. FMP didn't sell that well, at the time. K-ON source material further declines into garbage, and the story really is done. No reason to make futcha Haruhi as the author is doing nothing with his life. Clannad is done. Hyouka ain't coming out with enough source material for another season, for another decade. Chuuni or Free might get another season, especially Free.

I didn't mind it. It had more train stuff than I was expecting given some of the comments. That said that whole steam train training sequence confused me beyond belief.

I always wondered about that. I mean it would be pretty easy to have the guy catch the falling girl in many cases and still grab her there without needing to have her inexplicably end up on bottom.

Yeah I looked into that. The efficiency of the fire is dependant on the fire mass which has an ideal value depending on the engine. Being closer to said value means more steam generated The placement of the coal and the size of the coal lumps all effects the fire mass and putting more coal doesn't necessarily increase steam generation.

Interesting.

It was a casualty of image spam on the page!

...There's a favorite image I would like to post, but I would just rather say... that... I think that was the first image of a new page...

And I'm not exactly sure how many more images occured before the deletion since I was asleep...

BluWacky

That was my initial impression/assumption but they're making this into a big deal. I mean we don't even know Inou's director yet they announced this one a year in advance essentially. The panel was clearly more oriented around Ninja Slayer with the Slayer posters everywhere. The posters look really Afro Samurai so I wonder if they're going for an approach like that. I thought it would be a gag too but it looks like somebody is pumping some money into it.

Regardless of the budget, Ninja Slayer IS a gag.

This is an extract from the first novel:

The trench coat man busts open the cartridge and shovels all six of the red pills into his mouth munching them down with his gnashing teeth.
The rodentesque smaller man screams a martial-arts-movie-haiyah, overexpressing his great surprise. “You’re some daredevil. Did it hit you? Feel it? If you trip too hard, you’re in big trouble. Can you see the Thousand Armed Avalokiteshwara diety? Yabai? You trippin’?”
“Nothing.” The trench coat man replied with an emotionless tone swallowing the pills without water.
The rodent chuckled, “You’re more than a daredevil. The thousand-armed deity is hitting you hard, right? Right?”
“So this is their vein of gold?”
“Huh?” The rat squints.
Then, the trench coat man’s eyes brightly glare!
“Yeeart!” The trench coat man suddenly unleashed a forward kick.
“Aaaargh!” The rat rolls to the asphalt after being kicked in the face! As he falls flat on his face, his front teeth smash and scatter onto the ground.
“Aieee! Aieee, you madman!”
In a split second, the trench coat man seizes him by the neck and hoists him up!
“What? What are you doing? Did you overdose? Are you high?”
Rather that replying the trench coat man removes his hunting cap revealing the dark red ninja hood and his menpo, a sinister facial armor metal mask covering everything below his nose!
“The drugs don’t work!”
“Aieeeee!”

(taken from here)

Quasar

Yeah I looked into that. The efficiency of the fire is dependant on the fire mass which has an ideal value depending on the engine. Being closer to said value means more steam generated The placement of the coal and the size of the coal lumps all effects the fire mass and putting more coal doesn't necessarily increase steam generation.

Interesting.

No what confused me was the inference that Japan still uses steam trains.

No what confused me was the inference that Japan still uses steam trains.

Oh well I think it was just a made up challenge to highlight the MC's critical thinking skills.....of course it doesn't make sense especially when they are not going to be doing that for a job.

Jarmel

Banned
Regardless of the budget, Ninja Slayer IS a gag.

This is an extract from the first novel:

(taken from here)

*Shakes head*. They got the right director, that's all I can say. I'll try to ask about NS at the KLK panel (or wherever I can) but I don't know if I'll get another shot. All signs though point to this being an actual regular TV production even knowing how absurdly stupid the source material is.

Oh and ANN has reported that Boom Boom Satellite is doing the OP called, "Back in Black". Somebody else can link the article since I'm on my phone.

phaze

Kyousougiga 7

Had to double check as I thought I was hallucinating that change in OP.

„Arent you glad Sensei !?”

No I really don't think he is, Koto.

Myoue/Priest/Sensei already gave off some creepy vibes during Yakushimaru's flashbacks and those only magnified tenfold in this episode. That entrance music was worthy of Darth Sidious. I'm not not longer even sure he's the person all think he is. Maybe he's some kind of Shrine send impostor. That would at least account for him looking younger than his earlier self. They have been keeping things all Shrine related things close to the chest so far but with how things went I assume we will be getting explanations soon.

Show really knows how to crank up the feels at a moment's notice. Whether its the long awaited reunion or Koto's breakdown, they make you really feel for those characters. It's a shame the bliss of reunion lasted only a moment but seeing the siblings, especially Nase, interact with Koto 1.0 was a joy to see. I've been raving about the visuals earlier but the OST is similarly amazing and just makes some scenes. That meeting in space. ;_;

Must say the show has been a real surprise for me as I didn't anticipate anything remotely so good. It would take dropping the ball of gargantuan proportions in the remaining episodes to change how I feel about it.

I kind of regret checking out the VA list as now I can't unhear Alphonse everytime Koto speaks. -_-

duckroll

*Shakes head*. They got the right director, that's all I can say. I'll try to ask about NS at the KLK panel (or wherever I can) but I don't know if I'll get another shot. All signs though point to this being an actual regular TV production even knowing how absurdly stupid the source material is.

Oh and ANN has reported that Boom Boom Satellite is doing the OP called, "Back in Black". Somebody else can link the article since I'm on my phone.

There's an official site now: http://www.ninjaslayer-animation.com/

It's in English and Japanese, and it just says "main theme".

/XX/

Got some Trigger news and pictures.

(...)
Very nice scouting work there. Many, many thanks!

You know, is the autograph card some kind of standard in Japan? It looks like those Madoka cards they handed out at the theater last year. lol
Another way of squeezing dry the unconditional followers offering collectibles for each showing they attend! Grievous example was recent THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE for which there were a lot of those 'tokuten' you mention, with sketch illustrations by Atsushi Nishigori himself, and you had to watch the film A LOT of times to get them all...
thankfully, the packs some sellers offered at Yahoo! Auctions were more sensible alternatives.

And Mr. 'GORIPON' Nishigori likes to make these very much, it seems... he sent one to each THE IDOLM@STER series' voice actress for their birthdays! Also more celebratory ones made along the other staff from the series for many different events like, for example, that exhibition made for Wonder Festival 2013 (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/596/596532/, http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/596/596533/ & http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/596/596534/)

Jarmel

Banned
Oh something kinda funny, the only two Trigger staffers at the Ninja Slayer panel were Tattun and Wakabayashi. I expected atleast Nakshima and crew to show up but that was seemingly it. So I'm sure Wakabayashi will have a big influence on this one(as it seems he does with all the Trigger productions).

cajunator

Banned
The universe just divided by zero the moment two gary stus meet.

thu7s89j6r.gif

Yeah thats too much gary stu in one picture.
If it had sora in it though it would actually be kind of cool.

Also that gif bugs me. He jumps through the window practically sideways, then his body turns as he goes through. It looks unnatural.

It's some kind of alternative history Japan so I guess they can have whatever trains they want?

Also that gif bugs me. He jumps through the window practically sideways, then his body turns as he goes through. It looks unnatural.

His backside hits the window frame in the middle so it makes him turn.

/XX/

Oh something kinda funny, the only two Trigger staffers at the Ninja Slayer panel were Tattun and Wakabayashi. I expected atleast Nakshima and crew to show up but that was seemingly it. So I'm sure Wakabayashi will have a big influence on this one(as it seems he does with all the Trigger productions).
Didn't catch a glimpse of Sushio there? He was at the convention center judging by his 'tweets'.

Jarmel

Banned
Didn't catch a glimpse of Sushio there? He was at the convention center judging by his 'tweets'.

He's at AX, I got his autograph earlier. He just wasn't at the front of the panel. He might have been at the VA panel or something.

Rail Wars 01

Better 1st episode than I was expecting and I love the fact Makoto Uno is the one doing the characters. This show also trickles my train boner and I love how much effort to put into the details on the trains. I have no reason to not watch this.

Defuser

Rail Wars! ep1
I wish they didn't go for the breast jiggle or babelicious curves kind of style. Red head girl is best girl.

It was a nice info on trains and trivia about them. Why is the main guy look like a wimpy underage while the other 2 girls look older and hotter despite being the same age as the guy? Kinda wierd song selection for the ED, its more for a gaming genre anime instead of trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom