• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Sitting here, looking through shows on Crunchyroll. Realizing how much I enjoyed the conclusion to One Week Friends.

Rail Wars! 01

Huh. So it really is that type of show.

Filled with those kinds of things.

And copious amounts of quality.

And with the good 'ol anime classic - female character falls onto male character and male character somehow ends up on top of her, hand on breast.

Don't think I will continue watching this, despite the uh...healthiness of the girls. Thanks, eyecatch.

Oops, I meant healthiness.

cajunator

Banned
Rail Wars! 01

Huh. So it really is that type of show.

Filled with those kinds of things.

And copious amounts of quality.

And with the good 'ol anime classic - female character falls onto male character and male character somehow ends up on top of her, hand on breast.

Don't think I will continue watching this, despite the uh...healthiness of the girls. Thanks, eyecatch.

Oops, I meant healthiness.

Yeah Im gonna watch this. I need a stupid show with cuties in it.

I don't know what happened to me.

tumblr_n7wr33dqE91qg0ee4o1_400.gif

Quasar

Glasslip 1 - Liked it. Definitely will fulfill my slice of life quota for the season. At least based on episode one.

DominoKid

Tokyo Ghoul was entertaining enough. Although I couldn't manage to muster any sympathy for the MC trying to hold on to being human. Is it going 13 or 26 eps?

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul 1

Boobs and tentacles, truly my kind of anime.

On a more serious note, the way he acquired his powers seems supremely dumb (zero oversight from the hospital staff after transplant)and I hope its something that will be explained/expanded upon. The moral dilemma seems cliché as hell too but those nitpicks aside, it was really good. Looked great and didn't waste any time in setting up the plot.

Puchimas 1-64

Duuuuuuude. I have chibis on the brain so hard right now and I'm loving every moment of it just like how I pretty much loved every single last episode of this.

While I'm shown to be cynic with Tokyo Ghoul, I have to say the end intrigued me.

I imagined ghouls being like lone serial killers or uncontrollable monsters, but the end of the episode 1 showed that there is an underground society of them, with rules, groups, feeding grounds divisions, etc. Almost... Vampire Masquerade-y, I have to say.

-When Urobuchi write, he doesn't usually have a message. He just likes writing(lol). Although he said that his characters struggle a lot so I guess that is the theme.
-Everything that he writes, he wants to do something different. Kamen Rider was a huge challenge for him.

People listing waifus. Urobuchi's waifu from a game called Iko(?) and someone named Kyouko. Someone will have to check the name for that.
I will forever hate the guy that asked about the Gaim concept theme.

At least I got to ask President Kosaka about Muramasa and where they draw the line in regards to how dark their material can get, and he said that they don't have a limit. So I'm satisfied.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Alright time to give Puchimas a try after avoiding it for some reason even though I loved the IDOLM@STER anime.

If I return with a Puchimas avatar you may blame BGBW.
That's blame I'm willing to take.

http://i.imgur.com/m0SSMEC.jpg

STOP RIGHT THERE. OR WE'LL POINT AT YOU. OR EVEN WORST.
Pointing will be a serious issue in SAO II.

Buying any figures?
I thought one of the big no nos of conventions was buying figurines since the mark up is redicule.

whats wrong with me, I want to start collecting figures. someone stop me please
Trick is to watch Mitsudomoe, greatest anime of our generation, like all the characters and then wait patiently for figures for the show to comes out. That will save you money… ;__;

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Glasslip 01
102OWXL.jpg

the famous sexless david
The presentational choices here are just completely bewildering. It takes four minutes for a single line of dialogue to be spoken. Prior to that the show is mostly just...passing over landscapes that held no meaning to mean as a viewer. It was more establishing montage than establishing shot, but at a certain point it all just becomes meaningless. The entire episode is actually extremely light on dialogue, which isn't really very helpful because the show just immediately thrusts its entire cast out there at the same time. It would be more confusing if something was actually going on, but nothing happened in this episode and there was nothing that could even be confused as a personal story here that I could connect to.

The show flashes wildly between different locations, failing to establish their relation to one another or even a narrative through line. There are even instances where a scene inside a building is taking place and it flashes out to a building at a different time, except its the same building, and then they just cut right back inside. Top this off with weird and underdeveloped philosophical debates, and drama that already feels heavy handed and intensely melodramatic the first time we see characters interact with one another. There are numerous instances where characters are just oddly standoffish for seemingly no reason, and we have yet to receive any insight into any of the characters or why they would be upset with one another.

fk. i wrote a bunch about this p.a. works poop. i know you guys aren't very trustworthy but i expected more of a warning about something this bad.

cajunator

Banned
That's blame I'm willing to take.

Pointing will be a serious issue in SAO II.

I thought one of the big no nos of conventions was buying figurines since the mark up is redicule.

Trick is to watch Mitsudomoe, greatest anime of our generation, like all the characters and then wait patiently for figures for the show to comes out. That will save you money… ;__;

I always buy several. The markup isnt that much compared to secondary online sellers. If it oop you dont have a choice.

Defuser

Tokyo Ghoul ep1
If you told me this is a studio pierrot show I wouldn't believe you at all. Colour me impress with BLOOD and GORE. The visuals and the grim dark atmosphere were great.Hnnnnghzawa did fantastic job portraying a hungry psycho erotic ghoul which is usually rare for her to get such a role.

Anybody gonna do a OT for this?

jgminto

I really need to marathon Avatar/Korra. I loved what I saw of the original when I was younger but I was never able to follow the show, I just caught episodes here and there.

Chariot

I didn't watch any show yet, but I watched the Openings and Endings. Usually I like the Openings better, but this time I am not excited by any perticular Opening and the Endings of Rail Wars!, Glasslip and Bakumatsu Rock are very appealing to my ears. And well, Free is ... Free.

Rail Wars 1

2560343-matrix+-+not+like+this.gif

This could of been so much more. The premise is unique and interesting and the animation is solid.

However, the characters are so tropey and I can see how the romance is going to play out already.

You have shy MC who has the solution to the problems. Shy girl who secretly ( or not so) has a crush on the MC. Tsundere girl whose outlandish. Poor MC's friend who no one is into. Right now the characters seem so 1 dimensional and its only the first episode.

It also has embarrassing fan service scenes and stupid shit like I'm going to fall on top of you yet somehow end up under you with your hands on my abnormally sized bazoongas. Get da fuck outta here with that shit. I want to know who decided this? Do they have brains? Do they think their viewers have no brains?

Maybe the material its based on is also weak.

I"mma give it one more episode. Judging from the title of next weeks episode things aren;t going to get any better.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So a kirito walks into a pub and the landlord says "why the long neck?"…

Wait, that's not how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom