• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
My favorite part of AX are always the female cosplayers. I mean there are a lot of people and everyone just wants to have fun, but DAMN are there some gorgeous women in pretty outfits. Yeah girl, I can dig on that.

Jex

The LN art looked real nice. :(

RAILWARS.jpg
That's...true. But then again, we all know how the "concept/original character design ---> anime" process goes.

Yeah, but the futility of the conversation is exhausting... and thanks, I am unworthy.

Well at the very least, some people were educated and have a different outlook on things. Of course, those things were completely off-topic because that's where those threads go.

Jex

VA culture at its finest I guess. So the panel for Koshimizu/Satsuki VA is multiple times worse than the actual Trigger panel so far. Going to skip VA panel because I have very little interest in what a VA has to say, and that'll be better covered anyway. Seems most of the Trigheads went to the VA panel instead.

Not to my dying day will I ever understand the intense fascination the fandom has for VA's above and beyond the actual creators of the anime property itself.

ARGEVOLLEN 1

Seems like a fairly generic mech show so far, but it's only one episode. I'm in for the shooty shooty fight fight. Gundam, it is not. But I enjoyed the first episode just fine. Will keep in my CR queue for now.

I never knew this thread existed. I wish I hadn't known it existed.

Im already there :S.

Oh, man. You guys are in trouble now. I started by grabbing a few to display on some empty shelf space, next thing I know I've bought two detolf cases and a billy bookcase from IKEA.

Here's what you guys can look foward to: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Freezasaurus

Furyous

ARGEVOLLEN 1

Seems like a fairly generic mech show so far, but it's only one episode. I'm in for the shooty shooty fight fight. Gundam, it is not. But I enjoyed the first episode just fine. Will keep in my CR queue for now.

Oh, man. You guys are in trouble now. I started by grabbing a few to display on some empty shelf space, next thing I know I've bought two detolf cases and a billy bookcase from IKEA.

Here's what you guys can look foward to: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Freezasaurus

I'm not sure how to feel about rogue pilot fights in a new mech that just so happens to be far more advanced than everything up to that point. I'll reserve complete judgement until the fourth episode.

cajunator

Banned
I never knew this thread existed. I wish I hadn't known it existed.

you are already broke

Not to my dying day will I ever understand the intense fascination the fandom has for VA's above and beyond the actual creators of the anime property itself.

but Miyukichi...Sakura Tange...Megumi Hayashibara...Kanahana...chiaki omigawa...Halko Momoi...Kana Asumi....these ladies are special to me!

And then in a couple of years

dkmKs3w.png

oh god..

ARGEVOLLEN 1

Yeah...mines just as hopeless
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/cajunator

Trickster

Bakumatsu Rock - 1

Damn that rock scene was fucking awesome, dat animation quality. Jrock is just a really nice genre of music. This show will be really enjoyable if they manage to cram in a song scene on par with this one each episode.

mankoto

Free! - 1-12 END
Only had to watch episode 4 twice to get used to the pandering. Other than that the story in itself pretty nice. It's pretty funny how Gou almost solely exists so the audience this is catering to can self-insert.

Free! Eternal Summer - 1
This episode felt kinda dull and I'm disappointed that the OP and ED are more "tame" than the previous season's. I'm also disappointed that
I couldn't see Rin's shark teeth all that much throughout the episode.

Tokyo Ghoul - 1
Do I spoil myself and read the source material? Or do I wait for episode 2...?

Argevollen - 1
Unless I'm missing something it just looks like the standard fair. One guy gets a cooler robot then the others.

Locodol - 1
After coming off of a giant binge watch of Love Live and iDOLM@STER a couple weeks back, I'm still in that kinda mood so this slightly disappointed me. I'll stick around though as I had a small laugh here and there.

Glasslip - 1
Not much to say here other that the backgrounds looks drop dead gorgeous. That's probably the episode 1 budget showing its colors though... I hope not.

I can see the love triangles forming already

whats wrong with me, I want to start collecting figures. someone stop me please

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

I've spent way too much money on figures this month alone.

TUSR

Banned
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

I've spent way too much money on figures this month alone.

Yeah but the thing is, I have tons of disposable income :|

Im done for.

You know, is the autograph card some kind of standard in Japan? It looks like those Madoka cards they handed out at the theater last year. lol

I went to the theatre to see Madoka with a friend and neither of us got a card. We're still a bit bitter about the whole ordeal.

Mokoi

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul 1

Pretty much what I expected. Was not disappointed. That food scene had me laughing so hard. It was so much better animated. Also really liking that song that played in the end.

Link Man

Banned
Sorry LinkMan. I have been meaning to respond to your Clannad impressions but I have been very busy. Also I have just finished my interview at a game developer so I will have to watch the first episode of Glasslip on my tablet as I visit my parents.

So how are you enjoying Final Fantasy XIV V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom