• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
I am sure there are more qualified people than me when it comes to MMO's (I am actually not a big fan of MMO's), but I really like it. The world is interesting, the story is interesting enough and the dungeons are fun. Just be aware that there is a lot of story padding and fetch quests. The most recent example was a level 42-44 quests trying to find corrupted crystals to install onto the air ship. First guy we do quests for tells me when I do every thing for him that I don't have the proper element crystal. The next person I talk to asks me to fight a monster before she tells me who the next person I have to talk to before he can give me a bunch of fetch quests to go get the crystal I wanted 10 story quests ago. So there's some extreme padding. Past that though, the game is quite fun, the world is huge and there's lots of content.

I play it on PS4. The way they set up the hotbar to the controller is actually quite intuitive. It's very pretty on PS4 too for an MMO. So you won't have any problems there.

There's a bit of a learning curve but I think it's pretty easy to pick up for the most part.

Thats pretty standard fare for MMOs, I have something like 200+ days spent on WoW im an expert. Lazy mode confirmed, couch gaming.

I don't think 11 ever got more than 500,000 subs at its peak. 14 is at like 2mil right now.

Thats actually surprising to me, seeing how they are still putting out content patches and expansions for FF11.

Thanks for the post. I'm not gonna watch this. Reading the manga sounds like the smarter idea.

So Tokyo Ghoul got Brynhildr'ed.

Mokoi

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul - 1

Well that was terrible. All the subtlety was completely removed. If there were supposed to be any horror elements they were completely removed. What was the purpose of showing that Rize was a ghoul in the beginning? And why was she naked?

There are no horror elements it's really just gore.

Wait wait, they made significant changes from the manga? Interesting, I guess you have to HBO it sometimes.

They have to pull in those viewers. Sex sells apparently.

Thanks for the post. I'm not gonna watch this. Reading the manga sounds like the smarter idea.

Yeah it is. I"m sure they will definitely cut out a lot, and just focus on the fights.

Seated in for the AX Aniplex panel now. Hoping for some exciting localization announcements but expecting it to be SAO heavy.
Anybody at AX right now? Currently waiting for the aniplex panel.
I'm currently in the center left section, fifth row. Wearing an Eva-01 shirt, but should've gone with my GAF shirt lol

duckroll

Tokyo Ghoul - Episode 1

Hahahahahahaha. Episode 1 was so edgy I feel like I got cut all over just watching it. It's so ridiculous it can't even be offensive. Solid animation, great colors, really stupid premise, and some confusing direction here and there, but man, dat edge. It's like watching Underworld reimagined as a shounen action anime, without the sexy lead. Less guns, more OM NOM NOM NOM. Roflmao.

Not sure if it'll be able to last 12 episodes of this, but I'll try, the visuals are really pretty. Too bad it's pretty heavily censored!

EDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EDGE EDGE EDGEEEE! Lol.

Ryuuroden

I wish I could still post some To-Love Ru gifs.

It's pretty much your average cocker-cuter WoW clone. Instanced content, linear and vertical progression, end-game that gets old after 1-2 weeks after a patch hit, etc. More like a jrpg featuring co-op rather than a mmorpg like most mdoern mmorpg.

Took a few to figure out what cocker-cuter was. If it wasn't a typo, that's a pretty cool new word. Pretty penis clones, it does apply to xiv character art afterall.

Chariot

I've read the Brynhildr manga. While the cut a lot, the manga wasn't exactly smart.

Yeah it is. I"m sure they will definitely cut out a lot, and just focus on the fights.
It looks good though!
At that point I could watch Glasslip too.
I'm gonna be way pickier this season, after I could hardly keep up with last. There are enough sequels I have to watch anyways. I hope they don't destory Tokyo ESP :(

fertygo

Yeah I watch Tokyo Ghoul for all of them sakuga, all I need. The fact we haven't seen anything from the trailer also pretty encouraging for the production value..

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
This is blowin my mind. They are demoing a SAO game. Someone is spending the entire demo just staring at Asuna taking a nap.

Edit: there's a Kirito cosplayer playing SAO VR. Is this still real life?

Kansoku

Saki + Saki: The Nationals

Everything was great, so good that I had to learn mahjong and now I know how to play, yada yada yada.

But the nationals is BULLSHIT.
ONLY THE QUARTERS? WHAT THE HELL. THIS IS THE NATIONALS FOR A REASON. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

And the worse part is that I searched about it and the manga is slow as hell and is still on the third player of the semi-finals (probably fourth now since the comment was from the beginning of the year). I NEED MORE SAKI

>.<

Now that I put that out, here's a picture of the 2nd best character:

Amae_Koromo.png

Superflat

There are no horror elements it's really just gore.

They have to pull in those viewers. Sex sells apparently.

I got Elfen Lied and Brynhildr vibes from the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul from the bizarre shifts in tone, gore, and the lame male protag. That said, the writing alone seems significantly better and more interesting; there is significantly less stupid than the aforementioned titles so far.

It sure looks pretty, very nice production-wise. I'll watch it with caution.

Glasslip 1
Seemed kind of boring. I guess I was expecting some sort of twist on the slice of life, but nothing was really that apparent from the first episode. Except for chickens. And drawing chicken but yeah, not that exciting

duckroll

Terror in Resonance is tomorrow at 1:30pm (it's also screening at Japan Expo in Paris around about the same time). SAO2 is today.

Any idea if they're showing just ep1 of Terror, or if it's ep1-2? Because they'll be screening ep1-2 at the noitaminA cafe this weekend starting tomorrow. Lol.

Jex

I got Elfen Lied and Brynhildr vibes from the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul from the bizarre shifts in tone, gore, and the lame male protag. That said, the writing alone seems significantly better and more interesting; there is significantly less stupid than the aforementioned titles so far.

It sure looks pretty, very nice production-wise. I'll watch it with caution.

???

Jarmel

Banned
Any idea if they're showing just ep1 of Terror, or if it's ep1-2? Because they'll be screening ep1-2 at the noitaminA cafe this weekend starting tomorrow. Lol.

There's a Q&A so high chances are just episode 1. No clue who is doing the Q&A.

Oh and there was a literal stampede to get autographs. Somebody got injured.

Does the crunchyroll's live stream of the expo only show cosplayers in front of a camera?

EDIT: Okay now there is an organized Hatsune Miku costume contest.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai announcements according to Twitter:

They license Chaika
High School of the Dead is getting a new box set in November. Includes the OVA and some other extras they haven't announced yet
Log Horizon will have Limited Edition set. Collection 1 coming out in November
Beyond The Boundary also getting a LE
They also licensed Noucome and Yuushibu.
For the Summer they license Rail Wars, Akame Ga Kill, Shirogane no Ishi Agevollen, Gasslip, Invaders of the Rokujyoma, Ao Haru Ride and Sabagebu!

http://www.fandompost.com/2014/07/04/ax-2014-sentai-filmworks-news-panel-video/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave is getting a bluray release from Aniplex America. The set is the 1st season. Preorder begin on Monday and will come out in September. It's expensive (should be $120 at Right Stuf and MSRP is $149.99)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ve-the-liberator-1st-season-on-blu-ray/.76317

This shit is not worth buying no matter how hilariously bad/good it was. Nope allll the way.

EDIT: It's not even dubbed? BUWHAHAHAHAH LOLOL. What a rip off.

Cost is meaningless to kayos.

Only for stuff I legitimately enjoyed. Valvrave was so bad it was good which means it's not worth buying.

Midonin

The panels I'm waiting for are CR's (to see which shows they get) and Funi (to see if they get any shows that interest me in particular.)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well it's a good thing I didn't like Valvrave. Was happy for a new mecha series only to be hit with disappointment.

MJP had much better designs that Valvrave. The only redeeming Valvrave was the Nobu Thunder. That's it. Every other Valvrave sucked.

e_i

Watamote's English dub:

"I need clothes that scream out that I'm a huge slut!"

Next Friday can't come fast enough.

This is blowin my mind. They are demoing a SAO game. Someone is spending the entire demo just staring at Asuna taking a nap.

Oh wow.

Well it's a good thing I didn't like Valvrave. Was happy for a new mecha series only to be hit with disappointment.

Valvrave was...interesting, yeah. But it wasn't anything really special looking back on it.

Whatever Valvrave did that really appealed to people when it was airing, Samurai Flamenco did way better.

Wait, stampeding to get who's autograph?
Probably Urobutchi's. Only the first hundred people that managed to get to the Good Smile booth that day will be able to get it.

Planning to go try tomorrow, hopefully nobody gets injured then. Right now I'm at the Oculus Rift section and they're showing off everything that people are seeing, which is essentially Asuna sleeping lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom