• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
i kinda can't recommend anyone watch Angel Beats or Shana ever, and I'd wait until the F/SN remake instead of watching the current adaptation

Dislike Shana. Refuse to even watch season 3 because after the way season 2 ended, I told myself that if the first episode of season 3 wasn't full of unbridled sex, I was done. And it wasn't only not full of sex, they did something fucking crazy with the plot and I just...I was done.

Loved Angel Beats though. Would've liked it more fleshed out, but what can you do.

Everytime somebody recommends Angel Beats I kill a puppy.

Good thing I'm a cat person. Wait actually it's fine either way since I've never recommended it. I just personally love it.

TUSR

Banned
Then you should push it down the list, since it's not really good and you'll be wasting a lot of time with bad episodes or episodes where you simply don't like the genre.

Or... I could give you a list with episodes i liked with little descriptions why, if you trust my judgement.

I didn't even realize it was 26 episodes. If I start something I have to finish all of it :S

Might just yolo it on a Sunday.

Vylash

Then you should push it down the list, since it's not really good and you'll be wasting a lot of time with bad episodes or episodes where you simply don't like the genre.

Or... I could give you a list with episodes i liked with little descriptions why, if you trust my judgement.I am scared of the Angel Beats fans, since I really didn't enjoy it. Everytime somebody recommends Angel Beats I kill a puppy.

Angel Beats has a great cast, but it's rushed as hell and has a terrible ending with a massive gaping plothole right in the middle of it, I hope the VN fixes all of this because like I said I adore the characters

Dislike Shana. Refuse to even watch season 3 because after the way season 2 ended, I told myself that if the first episode of season 3 wasn't full of unbridled sex, I was done. And it wasn't only not full of sex, they did something fucking crazy with the plot and I just...I was done.

Loved Angel Beats though. Would've liked it more fleshed out, but what can you do.
Shana is the biggest exercise in tedium I've ever seen, just the most boring thing in the world, and season 3 introduces like 50 new characters for some dumb reason, death to Shana

it was on CR, does the guy want to bang his sister? if so ill take it off.

edit: oh goodness, the name is actually "recently, my LITTLE sister is unusual"

I got through exactly one episode of that show. Shit was just too lewd. And not in a silly, innocent fun sorta way.

log horizon gave me a flashback of being a guild master and i curled into the fetal position.

Uh oh...

Yeah, had that experience in Guild Wars 2. Wasn't fun. Never being GM for a large guild again. I'll stick to guilds of close personal friends.

I still say you watch Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Steins;Gate, Mushishi, or Hyouka right the fuck now, but like Ninja said, we're all biased toward the ones we personally love.

Those aren't the only 4 on the list I love (hint: I love a lot of them; Non Non Biyori SQUEEEEEEEEEE) but I picked 4 for your sake.

Hyouka is so good but is sooooo catered to a very specific taste. I loved it. I hope TUSR agrees.

i kinda can't recommend anyone watch Angel Beats or Shana ever, and I'd wait until the F/SN remake instead of watching the current adaptation

Yeah. Waiting personally for the ufotable version of F/SN. It's totally fine to not recommend AB to him. It is kind of a hit/miss series with people. The people who hate it, loath it and the people who love it, love the crap out of it. I really think it depends on how you go into the show. It's a pretty fast paced show too. But I love it. May seem irrational but I do.

It's not bad I promise. I just don't think certain things will be as impactful if you watch one before the other. That's my personal opinion. Mike may disagree.

Sakura

This is a really good season. I haven't watched so many anime in a season in like, 5 years.
So far my top 3 shows are Barakamon, Hanayamata, and Nozaki-kun.

I really like the setting in Barakamon. It's nice to see something other than Tokyo or Kansai-ben for once. Though I do have a bit of trouble understanding the dialect at times. I think Naru is great. I'm amazed her voice actor is just a kid.

Hanayamata might be my favourite show of the season so far. I thought I would dislike it, and thought the art design was ugly, but then a friend recommended it to me, and I really liked it. Naru is super cute, she is probably the main reason I am watching. I love her voice too. The OP is really great as well. I just hope it doesn't go yuri because I hate that rubbish.

Nozaki-kun is rather funny. Sakura is a interesting heroine. At first I thought she was going to be the kind of shy passive type, but she has a pretty funny personality.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shana 3rd season kill my interest to the series. Shame, but i'll give JC staff a credits where it's due, at least they conclude the series.

Angel Beats has a great cast, but it's rushed as hell and has a terrible ending with a massive gaping plothole right in the middle of it, I hope the VN fixes all of this because like I said I adore the characters

Agreed on all counts. Still loved it though. Like I said, really wish it had been more fleshed out.

Shana is the biggest exercise in tedium I've ever seen, just the most boring thing in the world, and season 3 introduces like 50 new characters for some dumb reason, death to Shana

Again, agreed. I stayed for the romance throughout seasons 1 and 2 because at that point I wasn't tired of Kugimiya Rie tsundeloli characters yet, but again, after the bridge scene in the season 2 finale, I expected MUCH different from the first episode of 3, so I said fuck it.

It sounds to me like I made the right decision.

TUSR

Banned
I got through exactly one episode of that show. Shit was just too lewd. And not in a silly, innocent fun sorta way.

Eek

Uh oh...

Hyouka is so good but is sooooo catered to a very specific taste. I loved it. I hope TUSR agrees.

I've been wanting to watch Hyouka for a while now, im going to watch it right after Madoka. So probably next week.

This is a really good season. I haven't watched so many anime in a season in like, 5 years.
So far my top 3 shows are Barakamon, Hanayamata, and Nozaki-kun.

A lot of people have been dropping shows after 2 episodes this season :(

Sakura

A lot of people have been dropping shows after 2 episodes this season :(
Well, I don't know about other people, but usually there is only around 1 or 2 shows in a season that I am interested in. This season has a decent amount of shows I am enjoying, and I've only dropped like 2 shows.
But I don't really watch a show unless I really think I might enjoy it in the first place, some people just seem to try everything, maybe that is why they are dropping more.

I've been wanting to watch Hyouka for a while now, im going to watch it right after Madoka. So probably next week.

Nice. I also look forward to your Kanon/Clannad/Angel Beats impressions. So much Key/KyoAni (and a little bit of PA Works)

I agree that one should watch Kanon 2006 before Clannad if that's what you're saying.

I feel like your way of saying this is for a very different reason than I am saying.... but yes that's what I am saying. I think they lead into each other nicely. If you watch Kanon though you MUST watch Clannad.

Chariot

Angel Beats! was promising, I was looking forward it and enjoyed the first episode. However, the show revealed very fast that it had huge flaws.

From nonsensical twists
Tenshi never attacked anyone in the first place, they all just assumed that she was evil, because...
, astonishing bad reveals
HAHA! The bad guy behind everything was... a random student we never saw before...
and stuff nobody bothered to explain
Tenshi got her abilities via hacking. How did she figure out how to do it? Why did nobody copy that? Why nobody bringing that up later?

And then there is the drama that just didn't work in this goofy atmosphere and just disrupted the good humor. The flashbacks to the past of the pupils where so disconnected to everything, that I almost every time just raised my arms and asked "Yeah, so what?". Only story I could enjoy because it got the proper time and timing were Yui and Hinata. And the threat from random gobbly shadow thingies was really underwhelming.

You have to see, this show made me so mad, I opened an anime blog just to recommend people good anime (along the way I started pissing on anime I didn't like and made clickbait articles and I eventually canned it. Thanks Oba- Angel Beats.).

docbon

before i forget:

Z9Jor85.gif

0LeeOBJ.gif

TUSR

Banned
Nice. I also look forward to your Kanon/Clannad/Angel Beats impressions. So much Key/KyoAni (and a little bit of PA Works)

im going to post a million impressions about hyouka and still talk about it for weeks after because it seems like a show im going to love.

unless sinon delivers this weekend ill be sporting a hyouka avatar.

Hidamari sketch 2

Yeah I'm dropping this. Only thing I liked was the OP/ED song.

If you didn't like the first two episodes you probably won't like the rest of the first season. I'm with you on this.

---

Keys stuff:
I don't really like any of it that I've seen so far. The only part of Clannad I liked was
Ushio's story
. It was such a slog to actually get to the good stuff.

im going to post a million impressions about hyouka and still talk about it for weeks after because it seems like a show im going to love.

Cool, can't wait. Hope you haven't hyped yourself so much that you can't actually enjoy it though.

I feel like your way of saying this is for a very different reason than I am saying.... but yes that's what I am saying. I think they lead into each other nicely. If you watch Kanon though you MUST watch Clannad.

Hehe. No, but I can probably agree with you on that the impact of Kanon gets lessened after watching all of Clannad.

Only story I could enjoy because it got the proper time and timing were Yui and Hinata.

Same here.

Don't hype yourself too much. Overhyping has never done anyone any favors. But you have good reason to be excited. I look forward to your impressions on it. I will have to see if you were amuzed by the same things I was. ;)

Hehe. No, but I can probably agree with you on that the impact of Kanon gets lessened after watching all of Clannad.

LMAO!! In my own round about way that was basically all of what I was trying to say. Lol.

Sakura

Hidamari sketch 2

Yeah I'm dropping this. Only thing I liked was the OP/ED song.

I feel you. I watched the first 4 episodes of the first season and that was all I could take. It was literally the most boring show I have ever seen.

Mokoi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 5

Man these schoolgirls are annoying! Had to down a couple after hearing them speak. Music is freaking amazing in this show. Blue hair guy is getting some nice development, and red hair guy is a douche. Still haven't gotten tired of that stock footage yet.

Shipping chart?

Jinsei 02

Wasn't completely sure if I was going to like this show. But I saw this episode as pretty funny overall and I loved the ED so I'm pretty set in sticking it out with this one.

Oh? I guess I'll come back for episode 2. You and I seem to have similar tastes.

"Some of the people who start by accessing indecent images online go on to abuse children directly. So the operation is not only about catching people who have already offended - it is about influencing potential offenders before they cross that line.

"We want those offenders to know that the internet is not a safe anonymous space for accessing indecent images, that they leave a digital footprint, and that law enforcement will find it."
-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom