• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Duckroll's Journal. July 14th, 2014:

Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This community is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and lewdness will foam up about their waists and all the deviant posters will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like me, or Jexhius. Decent men, who believed in a SFW future. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and mofu-ists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice.

Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden, nobody can think of anything to say.

What happened to dresden? Has he been gone for so long that the studio is considering writing him out of the plot? Or recasting? :(

Narag

What happened to dresden? Has he been gone for so long that the studio is considering writing him out of the plot? Or recasting? :(

3rNz4UZl.jpg

Mature

Barakamon - 2
Not quite reaching the same tone set by the first episode. This episode felt more like a series of jokes, though they weren't very interesting. It kept me entertained, but I hope this isn't the core of what this show has to offer— it feels like it has a lot more potential than that.

Nozaki-kun - 2
ibc6vbbt7S2YJW.png

Glad to see it stick with the gag routine; like I said last week, I hope this show stays with it's comedy and doesn't try to go anywhere else. It sort of seems like it knows what it is and it's playing to it's strengths. Something about Seo's character design reminds me a bit of a marginally older style. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Nozaki-kun - 2
ibc6vbbt7S2YJW.png

Glad to see it stick with the gag routine; like I said last week, I hope this show stays with it's comedy and doesn't try to go anywhere else. It sort of seems like it knows what it is and it's playing to it's strengths. Something about Seo's character design reminds me a bit of a marginally older style. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Well luckily, it sticks to it's strengths. Although the rest is up to how it's adapted

TUSR

Banned
His art can't be THAT lewd, my lewd tolerance meter is pretty high, lemme see...

w e l p

give me a linkerino, pm

When you get to episode 10, imagine not seeing the series finale (they aired 11 and 12 together) until a month later. That earthquake messed up so many things

thats evil

Oh man. What I would give to see this show again for the first time.

This is the reason I avoid good shows.

Gazoinks

Sabagebu! 1

Pretty fun. Momoka is a pretty fantastic lead so far. Nice having a protag who's a jerk. Will stick with and see where it goes, this seems like the best dumb comedy of the season,

This narrator is my man though.

Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun 2

I like how Mikoshiba is the inverse of the "notice me senpai" type character. The best comedy bit for this episode was when
Yuzuki was being chased, where they then wait till the end to reveal that they're teachers and not guys who want to confess to her.

Vylash

From The New World is the best anime in the past few years hands down, no joke, I have a borderline fetish for meticulous world building and I'm pretty sure they made that show just for me, it's an absolute masterpiece

Magical Pokaan 1-12

Amusing enough. If I'm going to be watching a slice of life show starring cute girls, they better be doing abusive stuff to each other.

Uma best girl.

Aldnoah Zero 2

Why are the kids so damn apathetic? Its pretty much doomsday and none of them give a shit.

However, really enjoyed this ep. Very gripping stuff and the soundtrack is all sorts of badass. I wonder how
the martian girl that survived is gonna feel knowing that shes also responsible for all this killing.

Getting Attack on Titan vibes from this, sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom