• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duckroll's Journal. July 14th, 2014:

Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This community is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and lewdness will foam up about their waists and all the deviant posters will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like me, or Jexhius. Decent men, who believed in a SFW future. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and mofu-ists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice.

Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden, nobody can think of anything to say.

This community is the best because of amazing posts like this. 10/10!!

Narag

Four ears and everything. Hito disappointed in me forever.

HWFq8EDl.png

Liru's hito-approved for the earmuffs. Never forget.

man, i've watched more anime since i started posting here than the previous few seasons combined, what the hell

This happens when you start posting here. Welcome to AnimeGAF. Now you can never leave....

Except when lewd things happen.... then people leave for a few months...

From The New World is the best anime in the past few years hands down, no joke, I have a borderline fetish for meticulous world building and I'm pretty sure they made that show just for me, it's an absolute masterpiece

It was okay. I still maintain that there was some things skimmed over. I like
grimdark
endings. So it gets points for that.

But personally I don't think it's a masterpiece. I didn't really connect with it.

TWGOK has one of the most unbearable MCs I've ever seen

He's pretty bad, yeah.

and of course don't drag the damn thing out for 30 years like a CERTAIN more recently adapted show, doesn't need to have a super interesting story or anything, just make it fun

What show is this? If it's what I think it is I'll have to hurt you :p

so this madoka show is good guys

It sure is.

Have you watched: jinrui, from the new world, tsuritama, mushishi s2, non non biyori, steins;gate?

I'll agree with the last 2, not seen the others.

GJ-Bu - 1

Oh look everybody! There's one regular average guy surrounded by 4 girls and the show has a calm, peaceful, quiet atmosphere and is keeping things nice and friendly!

I'm gonna like this.

Hope you like it more than I did :p

Chariot

Hope you like it more than I did :p
You didn't like GJ-bu? :(

iSRdqSBNtUQ0l.gif

Also that talk about LWA blurrays that took place when I was sleeping and already ended several pages ago reminded me of that half dozen Blurrays that I will have thanks to kickstarter projects and that I can't watch, because I don't have any blurray player.

You didn't like GJ-bu? :(

Also that talk about LWA blurrays that took place when I was sleeping and already ended several pages ago reminded me of that half dozen Blurrays that I will have thanks to kickstarter projects and that I can't watch, because I don't have any blurray player.

I liked Mori twirl and Kirara, not much else.

Hm... Don't you have a PS3?

Nisekoi, it's been dragged out for like 5 lifetimes

Oh, ok. Not what I was thinking about then.

Chariot

I liked Mori twirl and Kirara, not much else.

Hm... Don't you have a PS3?
What about Kiara's sister and Oreman? :,(

And no, I am not good when choosing consoles. :(
I will buy an blurray drive as soon as Wakfu arrives, no matter how many times people tell me that it's a terrible idea.

TUSR

Banned
Sort of list to watch:

Date a Live
Fate/Stay + Fate/Zero
GTO
Haganai
Hyouka
Noragami
AnoHana
Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi
Magical Suite Prism Nana
Aikatsu!
Shakugan no Shana
zetsuen no tempest
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Angel Beats
Clannad
jinrui
from the new world
tsuritama, mushishi s2
non non biyori
steins;gate
chaika
madoka
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA
love live!
ano natsu de matteru
sengoku collection
kokoro connect
recently, my sister is unusual
white album s2
samurai flamenco
love chunbiyo&other delusions
idol master
log horizon

And a few others

cajunator

Banned
Sort of list to watch:

Date a Live
Fate/Stay + Fate/Zero
GTO
Haganai
Hyouka
Noragami
AnoHana
Magical Suite Prism Nana
Aikatsu!
Shakugan no Shana
zetsuen no tempest
Angel Beats
Clannad
jinrui
from the new world
tsuritama, mushishi s2
non non biyori
steins;gate
chaika
madoka
love live!
ano natsu de matteru
sengoku collection
kokoro connect
white album s2
samurai flamenco
idol master
log horizon

And a few others

This list will provide immense joy and happiness for a very long time.

What about Kiara's sister and Oreman? :,(

And no, I am not good when choosing consoles. :(
I will buy an blurray drive as soon as Wakfu arrives, no matter how many times people tell me that it's a terrible idea.

I really wish they'd gone a bit further with Oreman. Should've made Kyoro slightly more badass and a bit ruder in that "form".

TUSR

Banned
This list will provide immense joy and happiness for a very long time.

it got to the point where i was google image searching cute photos i would see and i added the anime of the character to my list

help

that list doesnt even include OVAs and movies. damnit

it got to the point where i was google image searching cute photos i would see and i added the anime of the character to my list

help

...Snap the fuck out of it breh, and watch either Hyouka, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Steins;Gate, or Mushishi right now.

Making things easy for you <3.

Don't make me make them hard.

other way around, it's really bad, first 2 episode are okay for the yuri scenes tho

Brb, watching the first two episodes of an anime I gave no fucks about before.

I think it fitted the general, light atmosphere of the show, but I definitly see what you mean. I had sometimes the feeling that the show is not going all-out.

Yeah, this was one of my friend's problems with it. He loves slice of life/cute-girls-doing-cute-things almost as much as I do, but he said GJ-bu bored him because it seemed to be holding back.

Sort of list to watch:

Date a Live
Fate/Stay + Fate/Zero
GTO
Haganai
Hyouka
Noragami
AnoHana
Magical Suite Prism Nana
Aikatsu!
Shakugan no Shana
zetsuen no tempest
Angel Beats
Clannad

jinrui
from the new world
tsuritama, mushishi s2
non non biyori
steins;gate
chaika
madoka
love live!
ano natsu de matteru
sengoku collection
kokoro connect
white album s2
samurai flamenco
idol master
log horizon

And a few others

That is a good list. I bolded what I personally think you should prioritize. Of course I am bias towards the shows I love. But yeah, it's still a list of some of the best.

TUSR

Banned
That is a good list. I bolded what I personally think you should prioritize. Of course I am bias towards the shows I love. But yeah, it's still a list of some of the best.

log horizon gave me a flashback of being a guild master and i curled into the fetal position.

Chariot

Yeah, this was one of my friend's problems with it. He loves slice of life/cute-girls-doing-cute-things almost as much as I do, but he said GJ-bu bored him because it seemed to be holding back.
Reminds me, that I never watched the OVA.
I heard they were making a sequel with the three sisters? Or was this the OVA? (I think not, from what I gather from the altered Opening it's a story in the states)

its stuff im planning on watching
I don't like everything on that list, but I will say something specifically to Sengoku Collection. Be careful with that, the show is very episodic with every episode having a random character in a random genre, it's so hard hit and miss, it's painful at times.

TUSR

Banned
I don't like everything on that list, but I will say something specifically to Sengoku Collection. Be careful with that, the show is very episodic with every episode having a random character in a random genre, it's so hard hit and miss, it's painful at times.

Its one of the shows I added to the list a while back but I never had any initial desire to actually start it.

Err...scratch that one. I didnt see it on the list.

Gonezo.

log horizon gave me a flashback of being a guild master and i curled into the fetal position.

Yeah, had that experience in Guild Wars 2. Wasn't fun. Never being GM for a large guild again. I'll stick to guilds of close personal friends.

I still say you watch Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Steins;Gate, Mushishi, or Hyouka right the fuck now, but like Ninja said, we're all biased toward the ones we personally love.

Those aren't the only 4 on the list I love (hint: I love a lot of them; Non Non Biyori SQUEEEEEEEEEE) but I picked 4 for your sake.

Well... You have Angel Beats and Clannad on there so might as well add Kanon 2006 :p

is that the uguu~~~ show?

Yes. And it's actually good.

Mind as well. You should probably watch it first.... for.... reasons.

But yes definitely watch Clannad. Glad you want to watch both Angel Beats and Clannad but if you can only watch one, watch Clannad. If you have the time just do a marathon of Kanon 2006, Angel Beats and Clannad/After Story. Maybe throw Baka & Test and another comedy to pace yourself between the three shows.

Vylash

i kinda can't recommend anyone watch Angel Beats or Shana ever, and I'd wait until the F/SN remake instead of watching the current adaptation

TUSR

Banned
Yeah, had that experience in Guild Wars 2. Wasn't fun. Never being GM for a large guild again. I'll stick to guilds of close personal friends.

I still say you watch Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Steins;Gate, Mushishi, or Hyouka right the fuck now, but like Ninja said, we're all biased toward the ones we personally love.

Those aren't the only 4 on the list I love (hint: I love most of them; Non Non Biyori SQUEEEEEEEEEE) but I picked 4 for your sake.

I lead a competitive WoW guild back in Vanilla, organizing 40 people 3+ nights a week for raids was fun when I was 16.

Mind as well. You should probably watch it first.... for.... reasons.

But yes definitely watch Clannad. Glad you want to watch both Angel Beats and Clannad but if you can only watch one, watch Clannad. If you have the time just do a marathon of Kanon 2006, Angel Beats and Clannad/After Story. Maybe throw Baka & Test and another comedy to pace yourself between the three shows.

>.>

i kinda can't recommend anyone watch Angel Beats or Shana ever, and I'd wait until the F/SN remake instead of watching the current adaptation

That was the plan, to watch the adaptation in the fall.

Chariot

Its one of the shows I added to the list a while back but I never had any initial desire to actually start it.
Then you should push it down the list, since it's not really good and you'll be wasting a lot of time with bad episodes or episodes where you simply don't like the genre.

Or... I could give you a list with episodes i liked with little descriptions why, if you trust my judgement.
I am scared of the Angel Beats fans, since I really didn't enjoy it. Everytime somebody recommends Angel Beats I kill a puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom