• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acosta

HxH 138

It will never ceases to amaze me how complex and intricated can be powers in HxH and how they keep it that way for the whole series without falling into the overpower trap of no return. Love it.

Jarmel

Banned
Maybe ¥15,000 could seem like a step price compared to the price it was selling for originally, but taking into account only 1,200 copies were made and sold on different ways (including mail order lotteries) for such a wanted product... could even be worth it after all!

Anyway, I predicted 'street fighting' between those trying to obtain them, and seeing for how much they are selling the BDs now probably someone out there is regretting not initiating a riot while staying at the waiting line back then... :-D

Yea I checked Amazon JP later last night and saw that. Unfortunately due to it being a third part seller, if you live in the US or overseas from Japan, you're gonna have to use a deputy buyer which will jack the price up. In short you're easily looking at $200+.

Do the Anime Mirai BDs even have English subs on them?

Got this today:
BsrQ-s1IMAA6FIG.jpg:large

Ordered from Amazon third party seller, and then it came from RightStuf. Was $10 cheaper on Amazon than buying from RightStuf directly. Weird.

Midonin

It looks like CR was planning on making today the regular day for mountains and Rurumo, but neither of them has their second episode ready.

Nobunaga Concerto 1
How many shows have there been about time traveling Nobunagas? Well now you get to experience it in through the wonders of CG and rotoscoping. Maybe I've just become numb to the future, because I didn't mind the visual style. At least it gives something unique to a show that'd otherwise be completely without interest.

The only time I'm looking forward to the :Kurita version of a show more.

/XX/

Yea I checked Amazon JP later last night and saw that. Unfortunately due to it being a third part seller, if you live in the US or overseas from Japan, you're gonna have to use a deputy buyer which will jack the price up. In short you're easily looking at $200+.

Do the Anime Mirai BDs even have English subs on them?
Nope. But we'd only need a better rip out of that, and the rest is easy to work it out. :)

Somebody recently told me that the reason cowboy bebop blu ray isn't announced is because sunrise needs to give funi permission for some of the extras.

So we're going full 9/11 conspiracy now.

TUSR

Banned
i really want to make an offhanded remark about the war on anime in that thread. but im not ready for a summer vacation.

Clov

Somebody recently told me that the reason cowboy bebop blu ray isn't announced is because sunrise needs to give funi permission for some of the extras.

So we're going full 9/11 conspiracy now.

That's very possible; often extras have to be licensed separately from a main series, I've heard.

The Yama no Susume S2 OP is super-creative and attractive, thanks to Masashi Ishihama, creator of such classic OPs as Welcome to the NHK's and Kamichu's. Like those, it has clever integration of credits into the visual package, which is something I always enjoy seeing. This is the sort of OP that a Shaft show would have had back in the days when Shaft made good OPs.

Here's an apparently complete listing of Funimation's October releases: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?33502-FUNimation-October-2014-Solicitations&p=255648&viewfull=1#post255648

Princess Jellyfish is being added to the SAVE line, only on DVD. Seems that Baka and Test might just have been the first of a trend. Makes me glad that I managed to grab Princess Jellyfish on Blu-Ray before it went out of print.

Well that is disappointing. Would have appreciated having a regular edition of Baka and Test season 2 so I could at least have the complete series on Blu-ray.

Although I don't plan on picking up Black Butler, why is season 2 getting Anime Classics before season 1? It's like how Full Metal Panic: TSR is on Anime Classics while the first season and FUMOFFU are not.

Clov

I still like Shaft's OPs. The one for Koimonogatari was great! Loved the constant shifting between 80s and modern style in it.

Of course, it doesn't hold a candle to stuff like the original Zetsubou Sensei OP. That's probably my favorite of theirs.

Although I don't plan on picking up Black Butler, why is season 2 getting Anime Classics before season 1? It's like how Full Metal Panic: TSR is on Anime Classics while the first season and FUMOFFU are not.

Honestly, I've no idea. I've heard Black Butler's done well for them, so I'd expect that both would make it over to the Anime Classics line. Maybe 1 will be added later on?

duckroll

The Yama no Susume S2 OP is super-creative and attractive, thanks to Masashi Ishihama, creator of such classic OPs as Welcome to the NHK's and Kamichu's. Like those, it has clever integration of credits into the visual package, which is something I always enjoy seeing. This is the sort of OP that a Shaft show would have had back in the days when Shaft made good OPs.

Pretty good OP. I haven't really settled on which OPs I like best this season yet. Seems like a pretty great range so far. I wonder if Ishihama will ever direct another series again...

I still like Shaft's OPs. The one for Koimonogatari was great! Loved the constant shifting between 80s and modern style in it.

The Koimonogatari OP is quite good, but it's pretty much the first good Shaft OP since 2010, when Arakawa Under the Bridge S2 and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru aired.

TUSR

Banned
The reversed Chariot and the Tower believe in you.

Why, is that a banned topic?

Naaaaaaaaaaah, the war on anime never ends.

Edit: We should make a Google Docs with Wii U NNID for animeGAF smash matches.

Final Destination, No Items, Waifus only.

OceanBlue

This is great! I love the use of the characters as masks for other textures and the nice colors. I like that it's light on the contrast too. Lol, now I want to watch S1. I remember people here having nice things to say about it so I might as well.

Clov

The Koimonogatari OP is quite good, but it's pretty much the first good Shaft OP since 2010, when Arakawa Under the Bridge S2 and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru aired.

Looking at their work between then and now, I think I can agree. I love the Hidamari series, but their openings usually aren't anything special (and nothing's been quite as catchy as the first one, I think!). As much as I like Madoka, it's opening is pretty unremarkable. Love the ending theme, though.

This is great! I love the use of the characters as masks for other textures and the nice colors. I like that it's light on the contrast too. Lol, now I want to watch S1. I remember people here having nice things to say about it so I might as well.

It'll only take you about 40 minutes to watch all of S1, and it's definitely worth that!

Momo Kyun Sword, Jinsei and Barakamon probably have my favorite EDs of the season so far. I think I may have a bias for cute and catchy EDs. Jury is still out on OPs though.

Kill la Kill 16

Hm... Will the DVD/BDs be uncensored?

Uh... Anyway... There's a really quick recap, some bath time fun and then the big reveal. And it's
GiorgioTsoukalos.jpg
, plus the school is just a testrun for the real thing, eh?

New OP and ED too. The EDs seems a bit too cheerful for the series.

Superflat

Yes! Yama no Susume 2 has one of the season's OP best for me, alongside Nozaki-kun.

It's the best micro-series (3-minute episodes) I've ever seen.

Chariot

Looking at their work between then and now, I think I can agree. I love the Hidamari series, but their openings usually aren't anything special (and nothing's been quite as catchy as the first one, I think!). As much as I like Madoka, it's opening is pretty unremarkable. Love the ending theme, though.
The Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei openings are very cool and even cooler if one knows the ending of the manga and I love the ef opening, as well as negima?!.

Hidamari OP is only in full beauty if combined with Whiz Khalifa :p

TUSR

Banned
Kill la Kill 16

Hm... Will the DVD/BDs be uncensored?

Uh... Anyway... There's a really quick recap, some bath time fun and then the big reveal. And it's
GiorgioTsoukalos.jpg
, plus the school is just a testrun for the real thing, eh?

New OP and ED too. The EDs seems a bit too cheerful for the series.

KLK OP2 by GARNiDELiA is great. List to the full track sometime.

Uncensored as in not having Mikisugi's purple censoring?

OceanBlue

It'll only take you about 40 minutes to watch all of S1, and it's definitely worth that!

Yes! Yama no Susume 2 has one of the season's OP best for me, alongside Nozaki-kun.

It's the best micro-series (3-minute episodes) I've ever seen.

Lol, I see it's highly recommended. I'll give it a chance when I get back home. I think the next episode of Prisma Illya S2 airs today anyway, so I might as well watch both.

/XX/

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 35

Hey, it's Kodachi. Was wondering where she went. Was hoping she and Shampoo would get into some sort of battle, instead of Kodachi just chasing her and Akane around with her ribbon in that hectic end. But there's still time for that. Also kinda surprised that Kuno didn't notice Shampoo.

She doesn't smile but those that do are to be taken serial.

Also I'm saving that penis gun allegory gif that thoraxes posted earlier. Too good. Sao2 is everything I wanted so far and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom