• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n8qrkqW8OS1rywd5zo3_r2_500.gif

tumblr_n8qrkqW8OS1rywd5zo1_500.gif

tumblr_n8qrkqW8OS1rywd5zo2_r2_500.gif

You know, I really care about others. People ask me for advice all the time, and they ask me to help out… I’m always considerate of others, and I can read situations. Wait, aren’t I too perfect?! Aren’t I an awesome chick!?

Seo's a riot

cajunator

Banned
Is GBF a good place to start with Gundam then or should one watch some of the other shows first?

As a total nonfan of gundam, I can tell you that youre going to love GBF. If you havent watched Angelic Layer you should put that on your list if you enjoy GBF because its very similar!

As a total nonfan of gundam, I can tell you that youre going to love GBF. If you havent watched Angelic Layer you should put that on your list if you enjoy GBF because its very similar!

Hm... Ok. Will take a while before I get to GBF though, sometime after my upcoming vacation.

Rhapsody

Banned
Posted in the SAO2 thread, but I just saw the second episode. Better than episode 1, that's for sure, even if episode 2 started slow as well. The new ED is pretty. Also plenty Sinon this episode which is nice.

JCG

Code Geass, Valvrave, any Gundam title post-Turn A and Pre-Unicorn.

I think that's a rather debatable judgment, which also incorrectly implies all pre-Turn A Gundam or post-Unicorn titles were somehow perfect or flawless (especially if we're analyzing past cases of Sunrise supposedly "screwing up" so to speak). Valvrave was ultimately underwhelming but the insanity was fun for a while and that was sort of the point. Code Geass was also entertainingly insane but still remained pretty interesting and IMO did more good than bad on other fronts. Gundam 00 is a relatively controversial one too, particularly due to the final movie, but there's a fair amount of decent material involved. The original Gundam SEED is better than Destiny for various reasons and arguably can be watched on its own.

You could say Sunrise's second halves or sequels usually tend to be comparatively disappointing, but their qualities and issues still vary from title to title. Based on that history, you're obviously free to fear GBF S2 might well be inferior to GBF, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be horrible. And of course, there's a possibility that they could still make it roughly equal or, who knows, perhaps even better. Give the show a chance, at least with some cautious optimism.

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure Episode 13

iboOLzgZ6vd4lp.gif
iqDjhByZYP2JY.gif

FINALLY, a credible villain that actually feels like a threat and not just some typical peon. The fact that he's already defeated numerous Precure around the world really helps. Fortune and Lovely teaming up and still not being able to scratch him was great, but I really wish they'd tell us why Fortune hates Hime so much. That was probably the best episode so far, which is saying a lot

Vylash

Rainbow 21-22

Uncovered is an utter fool and a con man. None of these guys have any luck with women but you sir are looking for love in the worst place possible.

Rainbow's second half is so bad and kinda ruined the show for me, there was only one relevant point throughout the whole thing (which i /think/ you've gotten to already, don't remember) it should've ended after episode 14 honestly

Rainbow's second half is so bad and kinda ruined the show for me, there was only one relevant point throughout the whole thing (which i /think/ you've gotten to already, don't remember) it should've ended after episode 14 honestly

I wouldn't say the second half is completely bad but it is definitely a lot weaker than the first half. If you're talking about
Joe reuniting with his sister
that was a few episodes back. It's the only part of the second half that I've found really good.

Chariot

Gundam Build Fighters had a new visual posted

I like the lead character design a bit more than last season, though Ill miss Reiji.
Eh, don't want to judge right now, but I don't like the colorcoding and the positioning. I was cool with Iori being a rather bad Gunpla player and at least not even close to worldclass level. I actually like the girl. Sporty girls are always awesome. But her tiny Gundam is a bit... eh.

One can only hope. How far in the future takes this place? Could they be the kids of the former protagonist? Red looks like RejixAila and the other too could be IorixChinas

wonzo

Banned
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 2

gekkanshoujo2.jpg

Felt like a fairly done by the books 4-koma adaptation for the most part but the shows funny enough for me to not really care.

oh and
bow.gif
seo
bow2.gif

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure 14 (Precure's 500th Episode)

ibgzBpaib2gbKc.gif
ibo7ytWJzKdGW4.gif

CURE LOVELY COOKS THE ENEMY, CURE HONEY SUMMONS A GIANT CLOVER FROM OUTER SPACE. P R E C U R E!

Things are gonna get serious next time with Hime going to meet her mom, should be good stuff

Chariot

Happiness Charge Precure 14 (Precure's 500th Episode)

CURE LOVELY COOKS THE ENEMY, CURE HONEY SUMMONS A GIANT CLOVER FROM OUTER SPACE. P R E C U R E!

Things are gonna get serious next time with Hime going to meet her mom, should be good stuff
I chuckled at this episode. Just imagine if they would really play the power of their attacks straight and burn and destroy huge areas in their hometown with this overkill.

duckroll

Eh, don't want to judge right now, but I don't like the colorcoding and the positioning. I was cool with Iori being a rather bad Gunpla player and at least not even close to worldclass level. I actually like the girl. Sporty girls are always awesome. But her tiny Gundam is a bit... eh.

One can only hope. How far in the future takes this place? Could they be the kids of the former protagonist? Red looks like RejixAila and the other too could be IorixChinas

It's only 7 years after the first series. The main character is a new transfer student to the school who's a bit of a noob fighter but with martial arts skills. The other guy is China's younger brother who is now an award winning builder. The girl is the third year head of the the gunpla battle club and she assembles the team for the the national tournament. Sei and China are both overseas doing stuff, Reiji is probably still in PhantasyLand.

Vylash

I chuckled at this episode. Just imagine if they would really play the power of their attacks straight and burn and destroy huge areas in their hometown with this overkill.

They need to never go back home if it means they can't pull off attacks like these

Chariot

It's only 7 years after the first series. The main character is a new transfer student to the school who's a bit of a noob fighter but with martial arts skills. The other guy is China's younger brother who is now an award winning builder. The girl is the third year head of the the gunpla battle club and she assembles the team for the the national tournament. Sei and China are both overseas doing stuff, Reiji is probably still in PhantasyLand.
I see, thank you.
This doesen't sound very promising. I can already see myself just craving for the cameos and appearances of the characters from last season. Although I think that it will be pretty fun to see how everyone changed after all these years.
They need to never go back home if it means they can't pull off attacks like these
I don't understand what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom