• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, thank you.
This doesen't sound very promising. I can already see myself just craving for the cameos and appearances of the characters from last season. Although I think that it will be pretty fun to see how everyone changed after all these years.I don't understand what you're saying.
I just want to see how Caroline and her husbando Nils have improved the fights.

Chariot

I just want to see how Caroline and her husbando Nils have improved the fights.
Hehe.
I want to see all the happy couples :3

I mean I want these attacks all the time so I'd prefer if they stayed away from their hometown as often as possible
Well, they're doing this stuff everywhere, be it a field or the school. They don't seem to affect anything outside of the enemies. And even they look relatively good after hit by a meteor clover.

wonzo

Banned
Yama no Susume S2 1
yamasusus21.jpg
yamasusus21a.jpg

yamasusus21b.jpg
yamasusus21c.jpg

The massive increases in both the runtime and episode count makes me kind weary of how the production values will fare in this season compared to the last season but so far this owns just as hard as I remember. Can't wait for the proper OP.

Chariot

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA 2zwei 02

Man, I am very glad for that ruckus the webm's made yesterday. I don't know if I could've survived watching this scene unknowingly. GAR holds true in this show.

jcVblT4f6UAXs.png

But I enjoyed the cute moments

And the fight was really nice.

Crocodile

- Colour coded mecha and people

- Blue hair guy also has glasses. Yeesh. And why is his mecha so sad?

- The red 'fiery' protagonist is taking centre stage in the image, I hope this doesn't mean he's going to be the main focus. Not only do we have plenty of shows where that kind of hero is the focus but the dual protagonist feature of the first season was great.

- His "fighting" pose can only suggest bad things.

- Not only does the girl get an SD-Gundam but it's not even an amazing gundam like Bearguy.

- The girls outfit is pretty troubling, especially for key promotional art.

Isn't it just a sporty, biker's outfit? I'm not seeing the cause for alarm at this point in time. I can agree with some of the other stuff said here but it seems overly pessimistic coming off the first season no? (SD Gundam do suck though)

Is the gundam build fighters composer on board for the sequel?

Ah yes, this is a SUPER important question!

Every trailer for this movie so far has SUCKED. The puff-man robot isn't funny. Still could turn out a good movie though.

phaze

Saint Seiya Omega 92-97

Well that was bad and dumb. They didn't even manage to significantly up the animation for the final battle.

I loved how Shiryu, Kiki and Fudo were just chilling under the rubble while all the shit was going down. Poor Genbu was the only one to not get miraculously revived. Harbinger for the Pope is a terrible choice, he will bring the whole Sanctuary down in a few years.

Barakamon 01

The premise seems bit cliche but it was an okay episode. The beaver brats shtick will get old fast though. Will continue.

Sabagebu ! 01

AOTY and all that. The narrator had me laughing my ass off multiple times. Great MC and good cast of funny characters. Hopefully they can keep this up.

Caesnd

I don't understand the negativity for the new Gundam Build Fighters season.

As long as the mecha and the battles are interesting I think it will be good. The side characters were the most interesting ones last time around (the main cast were all actually quite forgettable).

As long as the mecha and the battles are interesting I think it will be good. The side characters were the most interesting ones last time around (the main cast were all actually quite forgettable).
Truth. I thought Sei and Reiji were downright awful. It was the show's side characters that made in interesting for me aside from the awesome gundam battles and nostalgia bombs.

So when someone says "Oh and the MC will probably be awful." I'm like "Just like the original series?"

Chariot

Reji and Iori were great, because they actually needed it other. It was not this rivalry thing like it's usually, they actually were one union as fighters with entirely different functions.

I agree however that most of the support cast made the show. I just want to have a clichee protagonist group as the foundation. Don't say it will be, I just dread that it could be.

cajunator

Banned
Yama no Susume S2 1

The massive increases in both the runtime and episode count makes me kind weary of how the production values will fare in this season compared to the last season but so far this owns just as hard as I remember. Can't wait for the proper OP.

This is Encouragement of climb?

Is the gundam build fighters composer on board for the sequel?

Oh my god I hope so!

Saint Seiya Omega 92-97

Well that was was bad and dumb. They didn't even manage to significantly up the animation for the final battle.

Damn you're confirming my fears , as for the animation that was a given .SSO lost all his budget money et ep 52..why did they do that third & fourth season anyway ? THERE WAS NO NEED TO ....

WHYYYYYYY

fertygo

Truth. I thought Sei and Reiji were downright awful. It was the show's side characters that made in interesting for me aside from the awesome gundam battles and nostalgia bombs.

So when someone says "Oh and the MC will probably be awful." I'm like "Just like the original series?"
Downright awful is rather strong, the helk...
They have great chemistry and fun to watch, especially Reiji.. and the climax is great.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ha ha. Busy doing the boring task of installing printers in the IT Suite and the general checking of things so I decided to have some music playing in the background. Music of choice is one of those hour long iM@S mixes you can find on YouTube. Anyway, another member of staff walks in and their response was, "oh that's nice music" (luckily it was during a Chihaya part). A close shave.

Ha ha. Busy doing the boring task of installing printers in the IT Suite and the general checking of things so I decided to have some music playing in the background. Music of choice is one of those hour long iM@S mixes you can find on YouTube. Anyway, another member of staff walks in and their response was, "oh that's nice music" (luckily it was during a Chihaya part). A close shave.

No headphones then? :p

Jintor

you're going to have to translate this for me

I probably would just have put on videogame music i guess. maybe some bebop ost

So the two trailers of big hero 6 (in English and japanese) haven't shown me anything besides the robot being cute and the kid being a techno-geek. Also glimpses of the bad guy with his nano machines. And glimpses at what I assume will be his teammates. But the team didn't see very superhero-y.

phaze

Damn you're confirming my fears , as for the animation that was a given .SSO lost all his budget money et ep 52..why did they do that third & fourth season anyway ? THERE WAS NO NEED TO ....

WHYYYYYYY

Yeah unless you have an overwhelming urge to complete it, stay away. It's really terrible and laughable. Whatever budget they had left, it feels like they put half of it into atrocious cloth designs.

Someday a miracle will happen and TMS will produce another season of Lost Canvas.

Hmmm School Days and Oreimo are supposed to be train wrecks correct ? Think i'll go for Toradora.

School days is a good type of train wreck of what happens when the harem protagonist is a douche. Oreimo is everything that is wrong with anime.

Toradora is pretty decent though but some can't stand the main female lead. The male lead is great though both in design and personality.

Yeah unless you have an overwhelming urge to complete it, stay away. It's really terrible and laughable. Whatever budget they had left, it feels like they put half of into atrocious cloth designs.

Someday a miracle will happen and TMS will produce another season of Lost Canvas.
Well i was watching as it was airing and i couldn't watch it anymore S3 killed the good will they gathered by doing the very good S2..i only have S4 left

Maybe i should complete it to put this behind me.

Hmmm School Days and Oreimo are supposed to be train wrecks correct ? Think i'll go for Toradora.
School days is a trainwreck
Oreimo only has a questionnable second part of S2, the rest of the show is actually very enjoyable.

School Days is an experience.

Oreimo S1 is good, and I liked S2 as well, although other people didn't seem to like the second half of that. And then there's the S2 OVAs which is like... well... a gut punch.

Kunikida and Mikorin are the weak links in Toradora, imho.

Taiga starts off annoying but she's got her reasons

Minorin is the best you mean ;P

/XX/

Quite the big task tamerlane is up to with this anthology:

anime year by year
http://animeyearbyyear.wordpress.com/

Lets take a stroll down memory lane (although I still don't know how frequently these articles will be published).

*Browsing the web, when suddenly I get a PM from Ultimadrago*

"Here's your worthless garden filth!" *provides webm link*

*clicks*

http://i.imgur.com/BlmYMx4.gif
At least we know Ultimadrago is still up-to-date on this matters, so that means he just doesn't want to be with us on this thread anymore. :'-(

You always come through!
Sharing is caring, and if true 'connoisseurs' like crobdan or busterbeam Gutsy Frog aren't here to do it for themselves I'll gladly be the peasant messenger... :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No headphones then? :p

Yeah, that's what I use while at my desk, but since I'm on my own I though I'd take advantage of that and play it loud. Also I'm jumping from terminal to terminal so I don't really want to carry my tablet around.

you're going to have to translate this for me

I probably would just have put on videogame music i guess. maybe some bebop ost
Another member of staff walks into room and hears my iM@S (that's short for iDOLM@STER) music and compliments it. Luckily the singer at the time was Chihaya (known for having the best singing voice out of the cast). If they had walked in say during Go My Way with Yayoi things may have been a bit awkward.

At least we know Ultimadrago is still up-to-date on this matters, so that means he just doesn't want to be with us on this thread. :'-(

It was too much work replying to all my posts. ;)

PS Noses on smiles? OH NO!

Anime needs to make another show like beck about a music band starting from the bottom and now we're here. Only less hilarious engrish and main character drama more good music.

And no I don't mean idol shows. It needs to be either rock of jazz.

Chariot

ALWAYS and FOREVER! I like my smilies the same way I like my characters in cartoons... with noses!
jbtCKnm63liRea.png

But well, I can live with tiny to no noses, but sometimes a nose can be very cute. Except when we're talking about Kaiji. I hate Kaiji noses.

But Taiga is part of everything wrong with Toradora.

I also have a seething hate for that type of tsundere so shows with them automatically get marked as bad in my book. Sorry but I do not progressively learn to like them simply because they punch out the MC less no matter what their reasons are for their violent act or other personaility flaws.

Chariot

I dont like kugilolis but strangely I dont mind Taiga at all.
I support this.

Taiga wasn't even my favorite girl, but I was satisfied with the story. She got better fast with her tsundere antics and I really liked how she wasn't violent exclusively for Protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom