• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

I will accept Burning Fingers every episode instead of Build Knuckles.

I was just hoping they'd do something with either the Shining or God Gundam after relegating them entirely to a diorama shot in the first season.

Now the wait for Turn A begins...

ibc9lEbU5xZJRj.gif

Blusby

Just finished They are my noble masters and it was pretty aight, good comedy but it looked pretty low budget, sasuga smalltime VN adaptation. Anyways, I give the series a 6/10.
Anyways, now as I haven't ever finished it and put it on hold for years is the time to experience Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, I'm excited.

Link Man

Banned
Clannad 17

The dreaded Absurdly Powerful Student Council strikes again!

And now Okazaki has girls invading his bedroom. With his father's permission.

Muahahahahaha.

Is Ryou trying to sell Kyou as wife material to Okazaki?

And of course, Kyou has no subtlety at all.

Sunohara is completely terrified of Tomoyo, and I love it.

This is an all-out war for Okazaki's D. Yikes.

And speaking of D, Sunohara's just got kicked 10 times.
iNNsqSyLNHPyq.jpg

Ouch.

So we have the top two for Okazaki's waifu rankings.

Of course that works.

Oh god, this is getting a bit lewd.

Yep, betraying its visual novel roots a bit here. Looks like we're nearing the ending for the Kyou route.

Oh, a false ending then.

That was...totally ineffectual. Like always.

And now Okazaki is Batman.

Reiji probably comes back and doesn't realize that [blank] time in his world is 7 in earth

Then he decides to exploit this power and stays in his home world for so long that he comes back and it's the future with actual gundams and laughs at the losers playing with toy robots making explosion noises and pretending it's serious business.

Apparently theres only a 7 year timeskip. However I still think the kid looks way to much like Reiji for there not to be some kind of connection.

Tsk , nothing a plavsky particule hidden phenomenon can't fix .
"Accidents can happen , especilly when you're dealing with dimension travelling"

SOURCE : WIKIPEDIA

He was sent from the future to prevent the mis-usage of the particules or something.

Eureka Seven - 20

GOOD GRAVY.

Well, looks like I must eat my own words here!
Holland turned out to be the stand-up guy after all.

And just when I was really starting to respect Renton for standing up for himself and Eureka but then the guy then loses his shit and goes berserk! The real grabber of this is that the guy's just angry about all the shit that went down recently and is taking out on others. Just like Holland did on him. Well, at least now he's finally realizing that there are actual human beings in these robots and he's been committing bloody murder for quite a while now.

I was waiting for a moment like this in this show. Now to see how they follow it up.

Sakura

Time travel. When you go to and from Reiji's planet, there is a time dilation effect.

The time dilation can't be that bad can it? That dude had been on Earth for X number of years yet he was around when Reiji was a kid and remembered him.

Thoraxes

Oh boy, can't wait to see the old crew's new designs. They all should be 20/21 now. If they fuck around with Rinko's design though...
I thought there was a picture of an older China character design floating around or something. I remember seeing it and she was still cute. It looked like a character design sheet.

I haven't finished GBF yet so idk if that's just at the end of the show or something though.

PK Gaming

Sabagebu! 01

So goddamn stupid, but somewhat enjoyable. At least it's self aware.

The narrator is absolutely the best character on the show, i'm getting some JoJo vibes from him.

Now you're just trolling and reaching for something to hate on.
I'm not trolling and I wasn't saying that because of the new girl character. I haven't seen the first series but from screenshots and character designs it isn't free from appeals to otaku. I'm not saying it's terrible (at this point), simply that I find it offputting.

Thoraxes

I'm not trolling and I wasn't saying that because of the new girl character. I haven't seen the first series but from screenshots and character designs it isn't free from appeals to otaku. I'm not saying it's terrible (at this point), simply that I find it offputting.
This is a case where I would definitely encourage you to watch the first series to get an idea of what they're going for. I can see how you drew your impressions from the art though.

I thought there was a picture of an older China character design floating around or something. I remember seeing it and she was still cute. It looked like a character design sheet.

I haven't finished GBF yet so idk if that's just at the end of the show or something though.

Actually yes
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ghters-previews-a-look-at-older-china-kousaka

Looks like getting older has taught her modesty in how to dress. Though that high skirt reminds me of Urkel from Family Matters

I'm not oblivious to how my established persona tints my posts but I find it frustrating at times. Not that I blame anyone, and I am trying to be more reasonable.
This is a case where I would definitely encourage you to watch the first series to get an idea of what they're going for. I can see how you drew your impressions from the art though.
Thank you. I'm definitely going to watch it at some point.

Sakura

Tonari no Seki-kun 18

Good payoff even if the joke ran overlong. Think I like when Seki involves himself more in full projects rather than something goofy like this.

That show is great. I wish there was more.
Almost made me want to buy the manga.

Narag

That show is great. I wish there was more.
Almost made me want to buy the manga.

More could dilute the end product. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I'd take a shorter stronger production than something that starts getting more hit or miss as it goes along.

Sakura

More could dilute the end product. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I'd take a shorter stronger production than something that starts getting more hit or miss as it goes along.
For me it was 100% hit and no miss. But obviously depends on your taste I guess.
Certainly they'd run out of material eventually.

duckroll

The base character outlines for Build Fighters were done by Suzuhito Yasuda. You might know him as the infamous Devil Survivor character designer. :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I liked how Devil Survivor looked ( . _.)

(Game was ass, though)

I enjoyed Devil Survivor until I reached a place full of jack frosts and my party was not equipped and they kept kicking my ass and I rage quit. Have never looked back I suck at SMT games. I'm ok at Persona.

I bought Devil Survivor Overclocked. Haven't started it yet because I wanted to beat Etrian Odyssey IV next. And then Etrian Odyssey III.

Unfortunately, I can't find my gaming libido, which will probably suck for Akiba Trip since it'll just be money for another game that I probably won't get around to playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom