• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

I loved Devil Survivor. Hated the fight with Beldr though, since my MC's strength was terrible.
Haven't played the second one yet. I'm hoping that Break Record eventually releases to justify my wait.

PK Gaming

Sabagebu! 2

ibjhumZfFjB5WA.gif

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Sabagebu's greatest strength is its protagonist that doesn't take shit from anyone. I hope she doesn't ease back into boring straight-man; the show is at its best when the protagonist is pushing her fellow club members around.

That reminded me Yasuda is doing the character designs for the new Digimon game on vita. They actually look good, not bad. But damn does the game look great, I really want it.

Eureka Seven - 21

Ugh, what happened to Eureka's hair?

Finally, the red and blue mecha couple from the opening show up. And these guys can actually fly without boards. Not sure if I'm a fan of the design of their mechs though.

So Renton now realizes that he's been killing people this whole time and literally jumps ship. Poor guy, dude has absolutely no idea what he's supposed to do now and is in the emotional state of depressed Simon while being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Mokoi

Banned
Eureka Seven - 21

Ugh, what happened to Eureka's hair?

Finally, the red and blue pair from the opening show up. And these guys can actually fly without boards. Not sure if I'm a fan of the design of their mechs though.

So Renton now realizes that he's been killing people this whole time and literally jumps ship. Poor guy, dude has absolutely no idea what he's supposed to do and is in the emotional state of depressed Simon right now while being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

lol that seems to be the first thing people mention. Also things are about to get a lot of fun now. With some funky tunes coming your way.

Jex

Gundam Build Fighters had a new visual posted:

BstvmCACAAAYgEr.png:large

I really, really don't like the look of those character designs. I'm almost certain that Sunrise are going to screw this up and it's going to be terrible. I honestly believe that Gundam Build Fighters was only good because Sunrise didn't really pay that much attention to it. Now that it's been a huge success, they're going to screw it up badly.

Jarmel

Banned
I really, really don't like the look of those character designs. I'm almost certain that Sunrise are going to screw this up and it's going to be terrible. I honestly believe that Gundam Build Fighters was only good because Sunrise didn't really pay that much attention to it. Now that it's been a huge success, they're going to screw it up badly.

If it makes you feel any better, remember the last good mecha sequel Sunrise has done?

cajunator

Banned

What makes you say that? Just some artwork?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm not trolling and I wasn't saying that because of the new girl character. I haven't seen the first series but from screenshots and character designs it isn't free from appeals to otaku. I'm not saying it's terrible (at this point), simply that I find it offputting.
Except you find everything offputting, and you couldn't even help yourself with that parenthetical.

GBF is great. Stop being such a sourpuss and watch it. Life doesn't have to be joyless!

I want to BELIEVE that it's going to be good. So until I'm given reason to think otherwise, I will.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Except you find everything offputting, and you couldn't even help yourself with that parenthetical.

GBF is great. Stop being such a sourpuss and watch it. Life doesn't have to be joyless!
Really though the beach episode in GBF is gross.

Clannad 17

The dreaded Absurdly Powerful Student Council strikes again!

And now Okazaki has girls invading his bedroom. With his father's permission.

Muahahahahaha.

Is Ryou trying to sell Kyou as wife material to Okazaki?

And of course, Kyou has no subtlety at all.

Sunohara is completely terrified of Tomoyo, and I love it.

This is an all-out war for Okazaki's D. Yikes.

And speaking of D, Sunohara's just got kicked 10 times.
iNNsqSyLNHPyq.jpg

Ouch.

So we have the top two for Okazaki's waifu rankings.

Of course that works.

Oh god, this is getting a bit lewd.

Yep, betraying its visual novel roots a bit here. Looks like we're nearing the ending for the Kyou route.

Oh, a false ending then.

That was...totally ineffectual. Like always.

And now Okazaki is Batman.

I actually remember loving this episode. It was just a bunch of fun.

Da episode before
Tomoya locks in his choice

fertygo

I don't know what so bad about it because its already very easy to remember and came straight like something that seem came from the show, but whatever its not like anyone paying attention to the original before first episode aired.

Jex

What makes you say that? Just some artwork?

- Colour coded mecha and people

- Blue hair guy also has glasses. Yeesh. And why is his mecha so sad?

- The red 'fiery' protagonist is taking centre stage in the image, I hope this doesn't mean he's going to be the main focus. Not only do we have plenty of shows where that kind of hero is the focus but the dual protagonist feature of the first season was great.

- His "fighting" pose can only suggest bad things.

- Not only does the girl get an SD-Gundam but it's not even an amazing gundam like Bearguy.

- The girls outfit is pretty troubling, especially for key promotional art.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gundam Build Fighters had a new visual posted

I like the lead character design a bit more than last season, though Ill miss Reiji.

Calling it now, four eyes will fall for sporty bike shorts girl, who will unsurprisingly fall in love with the red headed lead which will lead us to your typical bs love triangle drama where four eyes leaves the group and eventually becomes the end game antagonist at the end of the series.

Just give me Rinko and i'll be okay.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 01

syAA747l.jpg

It's so colorful, the jokes are just as great as the manga, the reaction faces are great, this is anime of forever here.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 02

pXCfRn2l.jpg

I really do like how well the anime captures tsundere and Seo here. It's really enjoyable seeing such a good adaptation.

Nobunaga Concerto 01

bLKvV4ol.jpg

On the other hand, this is not a good adaptation. Generally, its usually story problems in adaptations where they end up skipping stuff or ignoring parts to pander but here, its everything is great expect how it looks.

The CG is so ugly, especially the movement of the characters. I mean I got used to the CG after a bit but they still look pretty terrible while moving. The background is acceptable, the characters themselves don't look so bad, just leave this as a picture drama or something.

But besides that, I do think this is one of the best Nobunaga related series out there. Its very grounded and more slice of life than others. There's no silly gimmicks or everyone being gender bent or half the cast are lolis or Nobunaga is a gun or a demon king or rides a mecha, its more of a kid becoming Nobunaga. I like the character interactions and I'm amused that MaMo is voicing another Nobunaga again, I just really wish it wasn't so ugly.

Youkai Watch 18

9e1m17Gl.jpg

I'm kinda glad they are not really doing those boring dogman skits anymore and instead doing these brothers. They are more adorable, less sad sack and more funny too.

Kyoukai no Kanata 00

4pMvku6l.jpg

I guess something of an origin story. Of course, it looks nice, always nice to hear KENN again.

Bakumatsu Rock 03

I guess this is amusing enough to keep watching. I was expecting more stripping song battles though.

Jinsei 02

Ehhhhhh, only the really silly long winded second bit really did anything for me. Fortune telling was boring and don't even really remembered the third one. If episode 3 doesn't do anything for me, might as well drop it.

- Colour coded mecha and people

- Blue hair guy also has glasses. Yeesh. And why is his mecha so sad?

- The red 'fiery' protagonist is taking centre stage in the image, I hope this doesn't mean he's going to be the main focus. Not only do we have plenty of shows where that kind of hero is the focus but the dual protagonist feature of the first season was great.

- His "fighting" pose can only suggest bad things.

- Not only does the girl get an SD-Gundam but it's not even an amazing gundam like Bearguy.

- The girls outfit is pretty troubling, especially for key promotional art.

What do you have against glasses.

Nobunaga Concerto 01

bLKvV4ol.jpg

On the other hand, this is not a good adaptation. Generally, its usually story problems in adaptations where they end up skipping stuff or ignoring parts to pander but here, its everything is great expect how it looks.

The CG is so ugly, especially the movement of the characters. I mean I got used to the CG after a bit but they still look pretty terrible while moving. The background is acceptable, the characters themselves don't look so bad, just leave this as a picture drama or something.

But besides that, I do think this is one of the best Nobunaga related series out there. Its very grounded and more slice of life than others. There's no silly gimmicks or everyone being gender bent or half the cast are lolis or Nobunaga is a gun or a demon king or rides a mecha, its more of a kid becoming Nobunaga. I like the character interactions and I'm amused that MaMo is voicing another Nobunaga again, I just really wish it wasn't so ugly.

So the source material is actually good? Watching that first episode, nothing about it other than the visuals stood out from the endless number of similar Nobunaga stories.

Mature

I don't know that much can be drawn from that GBF visual. It looks more or less similar to the S1 visual. Main girl's random exposed midriff is a bit strange, but other than that it looks fine to me.

So the source material is actually good? Watching that first episode, nothing about it other than the visuals stood out from the endless number of similar Nobunaga stories.

It's good compared to other Nobunaga shows cause it's much more grounded. The only silly thing is having the lead fall back in time but that's about it. It is probably more like a Sengoku drama than some light novel junk.

The manga is still running and its getting a live actor drama in the fall so can't wait to watch something more pleasant on the eyes than the anime.

Blusby

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Ep. 02: I thought this was supposed to be a serious anime, why is Motoko wearing this ludicrous outfit? Why was there a full-on ass shot as she exited out of a Tachikoma? Did the creators not believe in this series selling by its own merits but needed cheap sexual skits to enhance its marketability? How disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom