• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Is there a side or a forum that documents the changes in the Psycho-Pass New Edit version?
I don't feel very encouraged to rewatch the show right now, but I am interested in the changes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
RIP digger of chicks.

Soon AnimeGAF will have to set up there own exile forum like other banned GAFers do.

If you need to talk about anime and be super lewd about it, I mean you do have options out there.

And there's a certain amount of tact you can even use here when speaking of something lewd.

First (?) Episode of Hitsugi no Chaika, she tries to make bread, it explodes everywhere, the scene is designed to look vaguely like bukkake for smutty humour purposes.

Really?

I never saw it like that. From my experience with Chaika ( first 6 episodes) I don't remember it being like that either (having lewd scenes). Maybe my memory is hazy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Technically there has always been a "lewd outlet" - it's called IRC.

Honestly, the rules really haven't changed, just some took it too far (although I disagree with Theonik's ban, but I'll leave that be) and it had to be reigned in a bit before it went out of control. I mean OT posts stuff far worse than this thread.

Just post how you've always done.

Jintor

I don't recall chickdig's posting history that well apart from general lewdity so I guess it must've been a cumulative thing because I do think you see more smut in OT than that image

oh well. rip

Sakura

Really?

I never saw it like that. From my experience with Chaika ( first 6 episodes) I don't remember it being like that either (having lewd scenes). Maybe my memory is hazy.

In order for that scene to be lewd the person viewing it would have to have a lewd mind.

Chariot

Really?

We mean this scene:

jAOkqBiaehxxC.png

In order for that scene to be lewd the person viewing it would have to have a lewd mind.
Anime tends to assume the viewer is a pervert. Anime generally does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to such matters.
I don't recall chickdig's posting history that well apart from general lewdity so I guess it must've been a cumulative thing because I do think you see more smut in OT than that image

oh well. rip
Maybe you missed the Criminal Girls discussion but stuff with childlike characters is judged harsher.

Sakura

Anime tends to assume the viewer is a pervert. Anime generally does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to such matters.

Maybe, but when I watched that episode I just thought it was cute. I wasn't like, "oh man it looks like bukkake xD"
I don't think it is quite on the same level as that gif lol

BluWacky

All I know is that I don't see many women wearing shrouds in anime. How indecent.

Not enough are set in The Exotic Middle East (tm), clearly. I suspect Basara (and RG Veda) have a fair few, with that said.

Lord knows that anime, for better or for worse, does not feel that dress must be dictated by concerns of modesty, either male or female. It's basically the complete opposite...

Pooya

Magi's art direction was so disappointing to me, if anything they used the setting to make it more revealing and lewd :\

Chariot

Magi's art direction was so disappointing to me, if anything they used the setting to make it more revealing and lewd :\
What do you mean? I thought of Magi as reletively tame. Aside from the few scenes with Alladin and boobs, but I actualyl found them very funny because it's weird to see this nice, and determined kid to be such a pervert. I think the women in Magi actually got more clothes than a lot of the men.

Pooya

here is Nippon animation's classic, Adventures of Sinbad. I can't really find shots of this online now, all there is is wikipedia cover but it was good if I recall 20 years ago correctly right now lol.

Arabian_Nights%2C_Sindbad_no_Bouken_%281975%29_anime_screenshot.jpg

Pooya

What do you mean? I thought of Magi as reletively tame. Aside from the few scenes with Alladin and boobs, but I actualyl found them very funny because it's weird to see this nice, and determined kid to be such a pervert. I think the women in Magi actually got more clothes than a lot of the men.

There are plenty indecent scenes in there, not every body is dressed like Sahara dancers ,sure but there is a lot still. And then there is Mor's questionable 'outfit'.

Chariot

There are plenty indecent scenes in there, not every body is dressed like Sahara dancers ,sure but there is a lot still. And then there is Mor's questionable 'outfit'.
I don't think Morg is that bad. Myers is pretty weird, but she is a joke side character and does not appear so much. As I say I recognize all these titty scenes with Aladdin, but outside of that I don't see much fanservice. In contrast to other anime, especially fantasy anime this is pretty tame. Imo.

Jintor

Anyway, quick opinions on the following I was considering picking up: HaNaYaMaTa, Glasslip, Sabagebu!, Locodol. I'll probably end up looking at Ghoul and Resonance at some point so I'm not too fussed about those.

Hamlet

Summer Wars

Finally got around to watching Summer wars it sure was a lot of fun even if the story got a tad silly
Still I really enjoyed the family aspect of the movie probably more so than the stuff set in OZ and the animation/artsyle sure was nice and fluid especially in the OZ world as it definitely looked gorgeous
Now time to finally getting around to watching Wolf Children

Jex

There's generally been a vague line of terms of content that shouldn't be posted and most people manage to safely avoid crossing it. Some of the stuff that was posted in anime threads in the past would have garnered a ban had it been posted in e.g. gaming.

There's generally been a vague line of terms of content that shouldn't be posted and most people manage to safely avoid crossing it. Some of the stuff that was posted in anime threads in the past would have garnered a ban had it been posted in e.g. gaming.
I would say the TOS is/was less enforced here in general.

Exactly.

Speaking about the SFW line:

I think stuff like this is clearly safe:

3209483103_1_2_dPAvSPfZ.gif

Now if outfits are skimpy, poses are suggestive or even worse actions are blatantly lewd then your in trouble.

thats my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom