• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
They showed some footage of the new season off during Aoi's concert. The choreography seems to be a significant step up although the background and composition in the desert stuff seems to be lacking.

Maybe the game just sucks. =P

That SAO2 line was something incredible. An unorganized mess of like 6000+ people. Mass exodus when they said the screening has reached maximum seating.

Was it really that crazy? Man. I'm sort of surprised that the line is that long.

Phi Brain S3 21

I'm calling shenanigans, no way is
Rook actually dead
and even if he really is, that's just more reason for Kaito to become the Phi brain and
go back in time to prevent his death

Still that was a very good episode first really good one in awhile

Cool you can own the entire first season of Valvrave for $150, they didn't even bother to dub it, thanks Aniplex what would I do without you

<_<

wat. WAT. Why?! You better hope that one of those is NOT episode 24.

I predict one will be Kirito's first use of dual wield, and another to be the battle against General Eugene.

Oh fucking god, they're playing the top 3 episodes from the SAO awards before the SAO2 premiere.

Wry??????

Yo, can you be a bro and let me know how far the first episode of SAO2 gets? I've read all the novels up to the 2nd Alicization so you wouldn't be spoiling me. I just want to know if a scene I'd been looking forward to seeing animated made it into the first episode. PM me or whatever.

Midonin

Fairy Tail 189

After a match so long that they had to change theme songs during it, the GMG finally comes to a close. And considering they had a years' hiatus, the GMG felt more like the GRRM at times. (Just without as much death. And nearly as much dragons.) Erza's super powerful limited edition armor was a bit sudden, and with all the talking about Sting's possible turnaround, it's clear he was never going to do it, but Fairy Tail has proven they are no longer the worst and everything can end.... or not. Damn it, Princess Mimorin.

Jarmel

Banned
Nothing like padding the fuck out of the runtime for the panel. Everybody has seen these episodes so why are they showing them again?

Speaking of SAO...

Sword Art Online - 21

I was aware that this was the episode with the tentacles and Asuna (UGGGGGGGGGHHHHH WHYYYYY), but you know what really struck as odd to me in that scene? How casually those monster guys spoke.

"Oh hey it's the girl who the boss keeps in the cage."
"Oh, we should let the boss know then."
*guy leaves and comes back while the other guy does...stuff*
"What'd the boss say?"
"He was livid."
"Oh."

I dunno what it was, it was just so...bizzare. Like I expected them to be acting all guard-ish, and STOP RIGHT THERE, or WE HAVE YOU NOW YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY ESCAPE MWAHAHAHA.

Just a little odd is all.

OH OH. SHE SAID IT OUT LOUD TO THE AUDIENCE INSIDE HER HEAD. SHE SAID IT OUT LOUD SHE SAID IT OUT LOUD "I'M IN LOVE WITH MY BROTHER" DAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGH.

WHYHYHYHYHYHY?!? YOU DID NOT HAVE TO GO THIS ROUTE SAO!!!!!

Like, having been spoiled on this from the very beginning, I'm not even that angry. I'm just REALLY dissapointed! Why was the incest necessary? Why are they shoving it down our throats in a show that had a good concept that I didn't like in the day but have now come to respect? WHO ASKED FOR THIS?!?

I've made a huge mistake.

So have I.

Ryuuroden

Yeah im looking at Momohime and shes ~170 it seems. Not awful.

Shiron doesn't ship for a few months still iirc.

How dare you. I was really holding out for a Jibril figure from NGNL.

You know you need both of them and hell, I'm of the opinion we all need a Steph too cause everyone needs a Steph in their life to be a Steph for them.

Narag

RrL8Ohnl.jpg

just pretend sinon is shopped into all those pics

TUSR

Banned

You made your bed.

Speaking of SAO...
Sword Art Online - 21

You expected more from a show that
jumped the shark in the second arc and incest is a big part of the story?

You know you need both of them and hell, I'm of the opinion we all need a Steph too cause everyone needs a Steph in their life to be a Steph for them.

I love Steph too. Quit enabling me.

You expected more from a show that
jumped the shark in the second arc and incest is a big part of the story?

No. My expectations were low from the very beginning. But I admit I actually was kind of interested in seeing the ideas the first arc of SAO was putting into motion.

Even the second arc could be acceptable in its own right if the villain was a better villain and they removed the
incest.
And if they came up with a better reason as to why
Asuna is still trapped in the game

Seeing these horrible tropes in anime bringing down good potential does not make me happy. At all. It's actually kind of heartbreaking.

Phi Brain S3 22

Everyone is
dying... well probably not but that's what they want us to think

Freecell was also a complete moron, nothing was stopping him from instantly solving the puzzle right after Raestel, apparently he really isn't worthy of being a phi brain.

Also this season is lacking in Ana seriously >:[ I can't even think of the last puzzle he solved

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I hate it when people mis-represent something on the internet, get you to spend time, bandwidth and space to download their shitty lies just so you can find out they're pieces of shit when you're excited to watch something new :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom