• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
YGO Arc V 10

This guy is using XX Sabers? Now that's an archtype I haven't seen in forever, just like in the real world they can be stupid fast in the show

Nafe

Magical Sisters Yoyo & Nene (Majokko Shimai no Yoyo to Nene)

jbmklzqzdOkdZe.jpg

I couldn't remember who all had seen this and posted comments. I remember Mr. Jeff and duckroll (possibly BluWacky as well?) had seen it and liked it overall but doing a quick search and so far all I re-found was DiGiKerot's comments.

I guess I forgot about him mentioning that despite the title you don't get to see Nene a whole lot. Personally this is a minor complaint as I'd liked to have seen more of her. I'd also have to agree that the cast maybe isn't really given a lot of depth and they maybe file into some tropes but I still liked them regardless and their antics. Yoyo was charming and fun and the main male lead, Takahiro, learns some "Shonen Hearto" type stuff but I liked him as well. He probably gets biased bonus points for being voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro,haha.

I thought the movie actually had some pretty good animation. It starts off with this nice action scene and everyone just seems really dynamic with lots of energy or expression at least. Oh, there's even a vehicle segments where it's not CG!

It does have some narrative elements that will remind you of movies like Summer Wars and Digimon and even a show like Gatchaman Crowds but it's true that it handles them in a much lighter manner. I'd have to agree that some of its story with that was kind of hit and miss in its execution.

I did like the movie that we got but I too wonder as a "what if?" scenario what it would have been like to stay in the more fantasy setting the whole time.

I thought it was pretty charming and fun and liked it overall. I would recommend people watch it at least once if they get a chance. I'm not sure I would rush right now to see it again but it is something where I wouldn't mind watching it again.

cajunator

Banned
Magical Sisters Yoyo & Nene (Majokko Shimai no Yoyo to Nene)

I couldn't remember who all had seen this and posted comments. I remember Mr. Jeff and duckroll (possibly BluWacky as well?) had seen it and liked it overall but doing a quick search and so far all I re-found was DiGiKerot's comments.

I guess I forgot about him mentioning that despite the title you don't get to see Nene a whole lot. Personally this is a minor complaint as I'd liked to have seen more of her. I'd also have to agree that the cast maybe isn't really given a lot of depth and they maybe file into some tropes but I still liked them regardless and their antics. Yoyo was charming and fun and the main male lead, Takahiro, learns some "Shonen Hearto" type stuff but I liked him as well. He probably gets biased bonus points for being voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro,haha.

I thought the movie actually had some pretty good animation. It starts off with this nice action scene and everyone just seems really dynamic with lots of energy or expression at least. Oh, there's even a vehicle segments where it's not CG!

It does have some narrative elements that will remind you of movies like Summer Wars and Digimon and even a show like Gatchaman Crowds but it's true that it handles them in a much lighter manner. I'd have to agree that some of its story with that was kind of hit and miss in its execution.

I did like the movie that we got but I too wonder as a "what if?" scenario what it would have been like to stay in the more fantasy setting the whole time.

I thought it was pretty charming and fun and liked it overall. I would recommend people watch it at least once if they get a chance. I'm not sure I would rush right now to see it again but it is something where I wouldn't mind watching it again.

This is on my watchlist but I have no idea where to find it or see it or even if I could.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Aren't they in japan most of the time in those?
Oh yeah, that's true.
Maybe Redline and Dead Leaves.

I posted this in the other thread but:

"Lol no, it pretty much went through to the first half of chapter 6, skipped chapters 2 & 4 (4 will be in the next ep probably, 2 is forever gone), cut down Kaneki's intial meetings with Touka from three to one, and cut out key monologues that introduce the core themes of the narrative as well as cleverly hint at the MC's development path. I can imagine how they'll rush through the plot, stripping away the intrigues of Kaneki's character in order to make it all fit into one-cour. It's Brynhildr all over again, though it looks damn pretty, so it's not a total loss."

Oh boy, it's going to be rushed adaptation then...

This is blowin my mind. They are demoing a SAO game. Someone is spending the entire demo just staring at Asuna taking a nap.

Edit: there's a Kirito cosplayer playing SAO VR. Is this still real life?

The thirst is real.

Psycho-pass is good right? At least that's what I heard. Didn't watch it though. Should really get around to that.

I like it. Seeing Kanahana character suffer is kinda fun.

Lolololololol Snake Plissken anime. Production IG was apparently working on it and she has no idea why they canceled it. They don't even remember what happened to it. Hilarious

Escape from New York the animation. Oh boy, someone should kickstart that shit.

Blusby

Psycho-pass is good right? At least that's what I heard. Didn't watch it though. Should really get around to that.
I liked it quite a bit, only real gripe I have with it is the rather frequent lit. quoting and name dropping which can make one think of it as nothing more than pretentious, but it's a solid series and damn nice lookin'.

Clov

Would this mean the TV broadcast will be the entire series that's on the disc, or just the last episode would be from the TV broadcast? I don't know how these things work. If it's the entire TV broadcast though, I have literally zero reason to buy the bluray.

From what I understand, the director's cut of the final episode was treated like a special feature on the BD-box in Japan, existing alongside the broadcast version of the episode. That leaves two possibilities:

1: Sentai is using TV broadcast masters for their Blu-Ray set
2: Sentai is using the BD masters of all the episodes, but didn't bother licensing the director's cut as a extra

Extremely lazy either way.

YGO Arc V 11

Even the characters in the series realize how bonkers XX Sabers are lol though I wasn't expecting a draw one of the rare times an anime catches me off guard.

cajunator

Banned
From what I understand, the director's cut of the final episode was treated like a special feature on the BD-box in Japan, existing alongside the broadcast version of the episode. That leaves two possibilities:

2: Sentai is using the BD masters of all the episodes, but didn't bother licensing the director's cut as a extra

I dont think its lazy so much as saving money. Sentai licenses a loooooooot. It might not be possible if they make haphazard purchasing decisions.

So the Steam release of Higurashi is getting updated sprites.

Well anything would be an improvement over the originals.

Those originals were horrific. Much improved.

Clov

I dont think its lazy so much as saving money. Sentai licenses a loooooooot. It might not be possible if they make haphazard purchasing decisions.

Sentai already does a lot to save money compared to other anime companies here; their packaging is cheaper, they dub less, and when they do dub it's on a faster schedule. By selling Gatchaman Crowds as is, they're essentially giving us an incomplete product. I can't call that anything less than lazy.

No sympathy for these corporations, I say!

Thoraxes

I think I'll pass and let someone else take the plunge and figure out what it ends up being then. Doesn't seem worth the hassle given these new details.

Clov

I think I'll pass and let someone else take the plunge and figure out what it ends up being then. Doesn't seem worth the hassle given these new details.

I'm leaning towards not taking the plunge myself now that I think about it more. I'm already buying plenty of other things around the same time, so I could save some money. Best case scenario is that they see plenty of people canceling their preorders, and they decide to release the director's cut as a cheap, standalone disc (similar to how they handled other OVAs). Worst case (and perhaps the most likely) is that they don't care and don't do anything.

It's really a pity, because I loved this show. Loved it!

Phi Brain 17

Orpheus isn't playing around, wonder when the other cast is going to head to Aminge as I have a hard time imagining the finale of the series will just be Kaito, Nonoha, and Freecell.

Baccano! - 12

Oh man so much shit going down right now. Holy shit.

Ladd Ruuso sure got it in this episode. I mean, the dude was psychotic, evil, and totally batshit insane. And Claire still was able to make him totally helpless. Not sure why he asked the guy to help Isaac, Miria, and Czeslaw though. Did I miss something?

Once again, Isaac and Miria stole the entire show. And wow, Dallas just cannot catch a break can he? I mean, he gets shot in this episode, Issac and Miria run him over with Szilard's car TWICE, while bumping into said owner of the car right after he interrogated Maiza.

AND this is all right after Ennis, Firo and the others got knocked out as well! Yeesh!

Oh Jaccuzi, just throw the bomb at him while he's firing his flames at you. That'll light it!

One more episode to go before this tale is complete. Let's see what happens!

MartyStu

I need some advice on the following Anime I am looking into watching:

-Hajime No Ippo
-Noragami
-Sword Art Online
-Kuroko No Basket
-Psycho Pass

Thoughts?

I need some advice on the following Anime I am looking into watching:

-Hajime No Ippo
-Noragami
-Sword Art Online
-Kuroko No Basket
-Psycho Pass

Thoughts?

I would remove Psycho Pass and add Haikyuu!! superior sports series than Kurobas and much better anime overall than Psyho Pass.

Norgami is alright for Tia - Heart Realize and Yuki Kaiji, but overall its kind of forgettable.

Mokoi

Banned
I like it. Seeing Kanahana character suffer is kinda fun.

Ha seeing Kanahana char suffer seems fun.

I liked it quite a bit, only real gripe I have with it is the rather frequent lit. quoting and name dropping which can make one think of it as nothing more than pretentious, but it's a solid series and damn nice lookin'.

I'll be fine since I don't mind the name drops/quoting in shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom