• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Invaders in the Rokujouma episode 2

Give your characters EYES ANIMATORS. It's really creepy when all the girls in the class have no eyes. Silver Link, I expect better of you.

How did I not notice that? I guess I really do just focus on what they want me to focus on.

Busaiku

Watching tier
Himegoto
Shin Strange+
Terror in Resonance
Monthly Girls' Nozaki
Free! Eternal Summer

Still watching tier
Haikyuu!
Space Dandy
Hunter X Hunter

Terrible faces tier
Love Stage!!

Funimation tier
Barakamon

Rhapsody

Banned
Silver Link made Baka & Test. They are given immunity forever just for that.

I think I remember the budget for S2 being really good. S1's budget was weaker, but I love how they reused scenes for comedy though.
Silver Link does great adaptations.

I mean for art.

Some of the budget for their anime were lacking. Strike the Blood was one :(

Also wished Kokoro Connect had a better budget. It was good enough though.

Ranking time? Ranking time.

Destiny Tier
Destiny Beta

Great Tier
Terror in Resonance
Blue Spring Ride
Encouragement of Climb
Sabagebu
Nozaki-kun

Average Tier
Akame ga Kill
Rail Wars
Aldnoah Zero
Argevollen
Sailor Moon Crystal

Still Watching Tier
Jojo
Haikyuu

Glad its back Tier
Space Dandy

Can't watch because Funimation are assholes tier
Barakamon

Nozaki-Kun Episode 3

That was a really great episode. Just seeing the dynamic between Kashima and Hori is just so hilarious and awesome. Especially the scene about briefs ahahahah. And Mikorin being a tsundere as usual. I really do love the whole cast they are just so enjoyable to watch and play off each other so well.

Whoever licensed this series I hope they release a BD for this show. A definite buy.

DA BES:
Nozaki-kun

Good things:
Barakamon
Terror in Resonance
Yama no Susume

S'alright:
Akame Ga Kill
Aldnoah Zero
Sailor Moon Crystal

Wife obligation:
SAO II

Wow, this is the least amount of shows I've watched in a while. Precious time.

Alright Cajun

Here's your first reason to watch D-Frag!

1393264962051y3jki.gif
1390846334310zijzq.gif

1390609605392yzsb9.gif
139060969406048z9d.gif

Best girl

And your second.

13926729575779hk4u.jpg

Best Wife

After that is between either Darkness, imouto, and Water.

Narag

Layzner 9

Surprisingly pragmatic episode where the surviving Earthlings ask Eiji to teach them how to use the SPTs becauase they realize he's near or at his limit when it comes to protecting them. Action felt like VOTOMS which was nice.

Kansoku

Top Tier
Zankyou no Terror
Aldnoah.Zero
Senoku Basara Judge End

Good Tier
Glasslip
Tokyo Ghoul (despite censoring)

Hopping it gets better tier
Tokyo ESP

Everyone keeps saying it's good and now I'll have to watch it, goddamnit tier
Sabagebu
Nozaki-kun

Superflat

DA BES:
Wow, this is the least amount of shows I've watched in a while. Precious time.

I'm following way less shows than last season. I only watched half the number of first episodes than I usually do. But the shows I am watching are pretty high quality with some large hype shows that were sort of missing in Spring.

Aldnoah, Encouragement of Climb 2, and Nozaki-kun reign as my top three with Locodol and Sabagebu not far behind.

Glasslip, P4G Animation, and SAO2 I'm generally enjoying and will watch till the end. Also Terror in Tokyo, which I'm digging but it's still sort of nebulous.

Hanamayata is mildly enjoyable but could fall in the back burner.

Plan to watch Barakamon but I keep delaying it because of the Funimation effect.

Jigolo

ok folks, gonna start SAO for the first time. I know gaf hates it a bunch..... but what popular anime does animeGAF not completely despise.

Superflat

ok folks, gonna start SAO for the first time. I know gaf hates it a bunch..... but what popular anime does animeGAF not completely despise.

Unless you're a connoisseur the show is actually pretty good until episode 14. After that it turns into mediocre fanfiction and the anime hasn't recovered ever since.

Akame ga Kill - 03

Ahh, they added the part they skipped to this episode. That makes me happy. Satisfied with this adaptation thus far, having read all that's currently translated of the manga.

rpmurphy

fun things (watching)
Barakamon
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Locodol
Yama no Susume S2
Ai-Mai-Mi S2

mite b fun (backlog)
Sabagebu
Glasslip
Rokujyoma

not really that fun (dropped)
Rail Wars

Watching more than last season, at least.

I think everyone likes FMA.

It's just that the people who are wrong like the original, while the cool people like Brotherhood.

Well.... FMA starts off better than FMAB. Brotherhood has a pretty slow start.

The second half of each was pretty good with both. Ending is why people like Brotherhood more than FMA.

Oh yeah, has anyone watched the Senran Kagura anime?

Is it even mildly entertaining?
It is very mildly entertaining, as most ecchi/action whatever shows tends to be. Like everything Senran Kagura you should enjoy it for the life and hometown.

If only it had more glasses and animal ears/tails like how I dressed all the girls in the game.

Barakamon Episode 3

This was definitely a great episode. The beginning of the episode with Naru was so funny especially with her smug grown up face. The first half was funny great with all the over the top face expressions. Second half was also great in that it gave us a little life lesson which was nice. In the end of the episode the Madeo voice actor joins and we get Naru's priceless face expression.

Yes today's a great day for me.

Syrinx

Aria: The Animation 12

That's one funky bridge...

But I really, really did like this episode, with Akari getting a firsthand look at Aqua before it became a land overflowing with water, and when the people were hopeful yet unsure about its future. She meets a woman on the other side who had just recently settled there, and who like Akari had things to get used to.

I also got a kick out of those children who looked like (were?) Akira and Aika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom