• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was amused, but I assumed it was referencing stuff I have no idea about. With most of the other gags so far I've gotten the references I think.

Its a Golgo 13 reference.
IJrb8ng.jpg

Midonin

Don't Lose! Makendo OVA

I owe Game Grumps for leading me to this. Their Kendo Rage episode clued me in to this game, which then clued me into it having an OVA. It feels like one episode of a longer running series, but seeing Nobuyuku Hiyama as an Ishinomori character pastiche, and Kotono Mitsuishi as a magical girl again, were fun. Animation was also pretty simple. Seeking out curios like this is something I want to do more often. The masterpieces from the past are easier to find, but the things nobody knows about can say just as much about that era.

TUSR

Banned
Looking forward to your impressions.

madoka
chaika
Date a Live
Fate/Stay + Fate/Zero
Hyouka
GTO
Haganai
Angel Beats
Clannad
Noragami
AnoHana
Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi
Magical Suite Prism Nana
Aikatsu!
Shakugan no Shana
zetsuen no tempest
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
jinrui
from the new world
tsuritama, mushishi s2
non non biyori
steins;gate
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA
love live!
ano natsu de matteru
sengoku collection
kokoro connect
recently, my sister is unusual
white album s2
samurai flamenco
love chunbiyo&other delusions
idol master
log horizon
Kanon 2006
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Usagi Drop
E7 eurika seven
The Ambition of Oda Nobunaga

hope you can wait until 2017

TUSR

Banned
After a weekend full of Destiny, The Wire, and Avatar the Last Airbender time to start the anime I missed this weekend.

i still havent figured out if i want to buy destiny yet

Only one mouse wheel scroll? Some backlog.

it only grows

I am not pleased with Usagi Drop being so low. Don't you want your heart warmed?!

i literally just realized the english translation for that was bunny drop

TUSR

Banned
fixed it for you

now it'll be 2015

I need to organize the list, but those are some of the top ones I did want to watch.

I hope that Fate/Stay Night I see listed there is the upcoming one this Fall and not the DEEN spewage!

Yeah its the Fall release one, since I doubt ill get to watching it before then...

it's made so much better when you have a fireteam you're good with. Out of say 10 games we play we tend to win 8 or 9. It really is a co-op game and multi game, I don't see playing it solo carrying it too far.

I played about 20 minutes solo and turned it off until my friends were on. Having a good fireteam is what the game is about. I don't think I came in second for kills in any of the matches we played.

My multi-quote feature has been going bonkers today.

Blusby

TUSR, if you're gonna get any of those outta' the way in the near future I'd suggest watching Fate/Zero first just because I imagine Ufo is going to craft Stay Night's adaption to be a successor to Zero, so you'll probably get more out of your future viewing of SN by watching Zero beforehand.

TUSR

Banned
TUSR, if you're gonna get any of those outta' the way in the near future I'd suggest watching Fate/Zero first just because I imagine Ufo is going to craft Stay Night's adaption to be a successor to Zero, so you'll probably get more out of your future viewing of SN by watching Zero beforehand.

SN is a prequel to Zero right?

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - 03

Mikorin definitely best girl

Is full OP for Gekkan Shoujo releasing tomorrow?

That fucking sick guitar riff! Holy shit. And then dose trumpets

God I fucking hope so. Fantastic song.

Edit: Wait, what the FUCK? Kashima is voiced by Nakahara Mai?

Wow. I... wow.

TUSR

Banned
Nah, Zero's the prequel to Stay Night.

Zero is the prequel.

Someone a while back told me it was the other way, and that was the only reason I wanted to watch SN before Zero.

Now I can really put off SN.

That is an incredible list of squee things. Im jelly kinda.

Once I finally move and set up a TV at the end of the month im going to be burning through so much squee you are going to have to multiquote a whole page of my impressions.

Hattori

Banned
Urusei Yatsura 10
I'm officially a Lum fan. She was incredibly sweet and adorable. Ataru should freeze in the ninth circle of hell for not appreciating her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom